Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

In the 18 seasons since first Brady Super Bowl the Dolphins have average 7.6 wins a year, Jets, 7.1, Bills 6.6

Let's look at the NFC Central.  We will start with the premise that the Packers are the "Patriots" of that division over the same time period

Minnesota 8 wins a year, Chicago 8 wins a year Lions 5.6 wins a year

That's not really some massive difference with a little higher top end and then the fucking hopeless Lions so why hasn't GOAT Rodgers used his easy ass division to ride to 9 SB appearances?

Edited by Surly Bevo

9 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

In the 18 seasons since first Brady Super Bowl the Dolphins have average 7.6 wins a year, Jets, 7.1, Bills 6.6

Let's look at the NFC Central.  We will start with the premise that the Packers are the "Patriots" of that division over the same time period

Minnesota 8 wins a year, Chicago 8 wins a year Lions 5.6 wins a year

That's not really some massive difference with a little higher top end and then the fucking hopeless Lions so why hasn't GOAT Rodgers used his easy ass division to ride to 9 SB appearances?

Because Rodgers is this generation's most overrated QB. Not to confuse 'overrated' with not being good. He's a real good QB. But this "real GOAT" title some give him and this false notion that if Rodgers played for the Pats, they would have twice the amount of Super Bowls? Just silly. Rodgers is the champion of the what ifs and hypothetical. If he played here and if he had this and if that was the case. Well Brady actually wins on the field and has been for almost 2 decades. Rodgers has one single SB appearance. In a conference that really has not had this juggernaut team to sift through like the AFC in the Pats and a lesser degree Pitt and Denver.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Im not saying he isnt the goat im saying its not a landslide and can still be discussed....especially if rams win imo

I don’t think it diminishes Brady at all if the Patriots lose. If fact, it was his performance in a loss—the Super Bowl loss to the Eagles last year—that sealed the deal for me. Philadelphia had a stout defense, limiting opponents to 18 points and 227 yard per game, yet Brady put up 31 points and he passed for an astounding 505 yards—again, against a very good defense.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, Bone3421 said:

Thats a fine argument and i will concede it...like i said its splitting hairs when you talk about the goats

Ill still weight the era and rule changes imo and still give credit to the og that didnt have quite as easy

I will say one thing for your argument. Guys like Montana, Staubach, Bradshaw, and Meredith played in an era where you could absolutely murder a quarterback. None of them could play as long as Brady because they were used up. I think Bradshaw, when he was a rookie, got four teeth knocked out during a game and didn't come out. 

It's also the reason receivers can act like jerks today, taunting dbacks. During the Ronnie Lott, Jack Tatum era, they pull that shit and the next series they're leaving the field on a stretcher. 

Edit: football is still plenty tough. Players continue to take hits that would kill the average person. You just don't see things like runners having to jump over the bench to keep from getting hit out of bounds anymore. 

Edited by Richard Kimball
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 1:49 PM, Richard Kimball said:

I will say one thing for your argument. Guys like Montana, Staubach, Bradshaw, and Meredith played in an era where you could absolutely murder a quarterback. None of them could play as long as Brady because they were used up. I think Bradshaw, when he was a rookie, got four teeth knocked out during a game and didn't come out. 

It's also the reason receivers can act like jerks today, taunting dbacks. During the Ronnie Lott, Jack Tatum era, they pull that shit and the next series they're leaving the field on a stretcher. 

Edit: football is still plenty tough. Players continue to take hits that would kill the average person. You just don't see things like runners having to jump over the bench to keep from getting hit out of bounds anymore. 

i agree in general with this but all qbs are now playing under the same rules and non of them have been to their conference championship game 13/17 years or to the SB 9/17 years.

i agree in general with this but all qbs are now playing under the same rules and non of them have been to their conference championship game 13/17 years or to the SB 9/17 years.
And none of them have bill or take only 15 million a year to save team vital $$$ on salary cap

And none of them have bill or take only 15 million a year to save team vital $$$ on salary cap

Well any of those QBs could take that money if they chose to do so. Pretty sure the owner would no have objection.

And let's not act like Bill was some all time great that Brady is lucky to play under. They built this dynasty together.

Well any of those QBs could take that money if they chose to do so. Pretty sure the owner would no have objection.  
And let's not act like Bill was some all time great that Brady is lucky to play under. They built this dynasty together.
I agree.... Just supporting my argument that the goat conversation isnt over imo
Lots of factors

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

don't feed the troll.  he really can't be that fucking stupid.  

• Like 1

Good read from the Washington Post.   

Hating Brady is now a national pastime - for  his success one day or whichever the way the wind is blowing the next.   If you're in that boat, read on.  It may not help you but so be it.  Just know the below is nothing new and is oft-repeated over the years.  Brady is a really good dude.  You can paint him as you wish but it is the case.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Phillip Dorsett sat on a table inside the New England Patriots’ training room, having just completed the physical that made him an official member of the franchise. Just then, one of his new teammates entered the room and walked straight toward him. “Hi,” the teammate said. “I’m Tom Brady.”

“I’m like, I know who you are,” Dorsett said this week, laughing. “You don’t have to introduce yourself.”

Brady turned 41 in August, which makes him the oldest non-kicker in the NFL. He belongs to a protected class under the Age Discrimination Act. He’s a decade older than all but six Patriots. About 30 of his teammates this season are closer in age to Brady’s 11-year-old son, Jack, than to Brady. His primary strategy in navigating the age gap at his workplace is to ignore it.

He takes connecting to his teammates seriously. It starts with the greeting Dorsett had in the training room. Every time a new player signs, regardless of stature, Brady makes it a point to say hello. A quarterback who requires no introduction has nonetheless grown expert at it.

“He’s one of the first guys in the building to know a new person’s name,” (Josh) McDaniels said.

Wide receiver Damoun Patterson, 24, joined the Patriots’ practice squad in November. On his first day, Brady held a door open for him, which was “kind of shocking to me,” Patterson said. The next day, Brady approached Patterson and asked, “What’s up, man? What’s your name?” “That was kind of a dream,” Patterson said.

“He’s a very down-to-earth guy, easy to talk to,” 24-year-old defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr. said. “That’s what makes him so likable and lovable on the team, how he builds team chemistry amongst everybody on the team, through just talking, just interacting. And everybody knows who he is, and he knows who he is. He doesn’t allow the stature he has to distance himself from everybody.”

don't feed the troll.  he really can't be that fucking stupid.  
You just keep saying it over and over....i have shown you stats and some opinions formed on the stats to show why i dont think its as simple as 9vs4 for goat...sure he is right up there in the convo i just dont think you can say 9v4 as proof without looking at all factors

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

How does this SB add to his legacy? Not denying his greatness, but this one was Dilferesque.

He didn't lose it? Made a bunch of throws to Edelman that ultimately led to nothing, but had one great throw? That's about it.

But, as I alluded to, he's won enough that they'll all just get clumped together in a few years. No one's going to say, "6 time Super Bowl champ, but he was pretty 'meh' in that last one." (Assuming that this will be his last one, of course.)

It wasn't quite to the level of the Broncos' defense dragging Manning to his 2nd title.

Edited by aggie08

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He didn't lose it? Made a bunch of throws to Edelman that ultimately led to nothing, but had one great throw? That's about it.

But, as I alluded to, he's won enough that they'll all just get clumped together in a few years. No one's going to say, "6 time Super Bowl champ, but he was pretty 'meh' in that last one." 

I think the argument would be more like 'won 6 but defense carried him in 3 or 4' but I give him credit for not screwing up those 4 wins. Its not much different than most any of the qbs with 4 or more sb wins. Bradshaw played on teams known for their defenses and even Montana got carried by his defense quite often.

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

But, as I alluded to, he's won enough that they'll all just get clumped together in a few years. No one's going to say, "6 time Super Bowl champ, but he was pretty 'meh' in that last one." 

He wasn't "meh" in the fourth quarter.  Two scoring drives, with the game winner starting at his own 4 yard line.

Edited by smwhorn

I think the argument would be more like 'won 6 but defense carried him in 3 or 4' but I give him credit for not screwing up those 4 wins. Its not much different than most any of the qbs with 4 or more sb wins. Bradshaw played on teams known for their defenses and even Montana got carried by his defense quite often.
Yup....brady was 21 for 35 with 0 td and 1 int GREATNESS. He is best ever and willed teams to 6 SB wins all by himself...ge has never played with the best defensive coach to walk the earth or had benefit of most complete team

Or dodging the rightful team in SB
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Yup....brady was 21 for 35 with 0 td and 1 int GREATNESS. He is best ever and willed teams to 6 SB wins all by himself...ge has never played with the best defensive coach to walk the earth or had benefit of most complete team

Or dodging the rightful team in SB

Keep beating that horse, I guess.

• Like 2

Don't feed the troll.  He can't be that fucking stupid.
I luv you

Yeah brady played so great today with his 70 qb rating and 0 td with 1 int

Good thing bill is greastest defensive coach to grace this planet so everyone can say how great brady would be if he played in earlier era's

Just now, Bone3421 said:

I luv you

Good thing bill is greastest defensive coach to grace this planet so everyone can say how great brady would be if he played in earlier era's

And last year, the Patriots' defense was atrocious and cost them a game where Tom Brady was brilliant and deserved to win. 

So let's call it even, and you go can go away.

And last year, the Patriots' defense was atrocious and cost them a game where Tom Brady was brilliant and deserved to win. 
So let's call it even, and you go can go away.
None of that matters though in discussions about qb...i was told romo is trash for years when he had to carry his defense and score every possession

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I luv you

You're cherry picking stats to try to make a point.  6 super bowl wins?  C'mon.  

You're cherry picking stats to try to make a point.  6 super bowl wins?  C'mon.  
I havent cherry picked anything...those were his stats tonight

I already posted stats/facts earlier in thread and none of them were cherry picked they were the whole w/l record of afc teams and it wasnt good for afc

He’s also the most clutch QB of all time. 

“Tom Brady has 6 game-winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime of the Super Bowl. Nobody else has more than 6 game-winning drives in the POSTSEASON since 1970.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1092261309771468801?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1092261309771468801&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.rawgit.com%2Fs9e%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fmaster%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231092261309771468801

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Like 3

Brady was 21-35 for 262. Not exactly awful.
lol at the morons debating he isn’t the greatest ever. Dude has been in more Super Bowls than Pittsburgh and Dallas have played in as franchises. And won as many rings as Pittsburgh.
Exactly right...QB wins SB's not orginizations not great coaches not superior salary cap management with a top 1/2 qb who takes 15 million less than market value in salary cap era...yeah if patriots didnt have brady to hand off all the ball on last drive they never would have won thier 6th

Exactly right...QB wins SB's not orginizations not great coaches not superior salary cap management with a top 1/2 qb who takes 15 million less than market value in salary cap era...yeah if patriots didnt have brady to hand off all the ball on last drive they never would have won thier 6th

Top top 1/2, you mean right?