Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

Brady's can take being the 6th highest paid QB in the league while also creating cap space because he's got big payoffs coming in the post-football years working for and with Jonathan Kraft as part of the Pats organization.  Brady's all about the team to begin with but this post-retirement knowledge makes it even easier for him to take whatever money he's been paid in recent years. 

13 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Brady's can take being the 6th highest paid QB in the league while also creating cap space because he's got big payoffs coming in the post-football years working for and with Jonathan Kraft as part of the Pats organization.  Brady's all about the team to begin with but this post-retirement knowledge makes it even easier for him to take whatever money he's been paid in recent years.

Brady can afford to take the paycut because his supermodel wife makes a shit ton of money

The more he wins, the more famous and endorsement money he’ll make post retirement. He has played at a discount the back half of his career, allow the Pats to have good depth of fringe-Pro bowl players on both sides of the ball. 

I look at Rodgers, Wilson, and Dak and laugh thinking about how crippled their salary caps will be just to lock up their QBs. 

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Brady can afford to take the paycut because his supermodel wife makes a shit ton of money

even without the supermodel wife, all these multi-year starters already make a shit ton of money.  its not about ensuring theres enough for whatever lifestyle they need, its just about balancing their ego vs supporting the team.

7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Brady's got plenty of money.  He's worth upwards of $200MM.  And, as mentioned, there's a ton of $ in store for him when football is over. 

Always been about the team, and always will be.  It's one of the things that makes him so great. 

I heard a stat that said that Tom Brady has had a top 10 defense for like 14 years. Manning/Brees/Rodgers COMBINED have had a top 10 defense 12 times. I haven’t vetted that, so correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s worth noting. Brady is still probably the goat, but sometimes I wonder if it’s more Bellicheck or more Brady. Because we’ve seen what Bellicheck did we shit Matt Cassel and Jimmy G. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

The older I get the more I appreciate Brady. When he is gone we will never see another run of dominance from a QB like we have with him. I rarely watch football anymore, but if he's playing and I have free time I am watching. I have never seen him play in person, but I am going to go up to Foxboro this year to see him play once the weather gets colder.

I heard a stat that said that Tom Brady has had a top 10 defense for like 14 years. Manning/Brees/Rodgers COMBINED have had a top 10 defense 12 times. I haven’t vetted that, so correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s worth noting. Brady is still probably the goat, but sometimes I wonder if it’s more Bellicheck or more Brady. Because we’ve seen what Bellicheck did we shit Matt Cassel and Jimmy G. 
Belichick put that argument to bed when he shut down rams offense ...its bill with some help from a top 5 qb

8 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Belichick put that argument to bed when he shut down rams offense ...its bill with some help from a top 5 qb

I’m not saying manning is better, but manning was his own offensive coordinator. He called the plays, he made the hot reads at the line. It was all him. For as much love as we’ve given the packers, they’re kind of a poorly run organization. Rodgers has never had a running game. I think history will show that Mike McCarthy isn’t a good coach, at all. Rodgers has his own flaws, but nobody in the history of the league has had the setup that Brady currently has. Except for Aikman to a certain extent, until, well, you know. 

Well never know, but I’d love to see what would happen if either one of those guys switched places with Brady during the prime of their careers. The most impressive thing about Brady is his longevity. That is clearly the thing that sets him apart and puts him in the goat convo. Playing like this at 40+ with little to no drop off is just amazing.

• Like 1

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from their Combines: 60 - Mahomes 59 - Webb 56 - Kizer 55 - Trubisky, Evans 53 - Peterman, Kaaya 49 - Watson
Brady earlier this week:
D-FF9iwX4AAws7s.jpg

Yeah, Brady will be just fine this season. 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/nfl-tom-brady-takes-shot-at-max-kellerman

One major difference between Brady and Manning is that Brady always had a much stronger arm than Manning and that’s going to prolong his career like it has.

20 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What did Bill do with Cassel? Besides have 5 less wins than the previous year and miss the playoffs entirely. In the AFC East. I never got why people point to that as some sort of accomplishment. And the very next season when Brady comes back, they go back to their winning ways.

Also, which stats are these defenses being ranked? The Cowboys have been ranked high in certain stats but they were never that great.

Also, a great offense can make defenses look better and hide their weaknesses. Especially if the offense scores and forces the other team's offense to play from behind.

And what exactly did he do with Jimmy G? Win a few games? That is not unheard of at all for backups to come in and win a few games. Hell Dallas won a handful of games with backups in 2010.

Well he went 11-5 with a qb who by all accounts isn’t even a good backup. Matt Cassel is terrible. Always has been. I don’t care what division you play in. 11-5 is a good season. 

And he went either 3-1 or 4-0 against some decent teams with Jimmy G. He’s the only reason anyone thinks of Jimmy G as a competent qb. I’m not saying he is, or he isn’t (we don’t know yet) but Kyle shanahan, a coach who is widely regarded as one of the best offensive minds in the sport, sure thinks he’s a competent qb. That’s all Bellicheck. 

Realize what I’m saying. I’m not saying Brady isn’t the goat. His situation is his situation. His resume speaks for itself. My point is, he’s had the best situation of any qb in the history of the league. A coach who is better at adapting to his opponent than any in the history of the game. A coach that’s better at taking away the other teams best player than anyone in the history of the game. I was just saying I’d love to know how Brady’s career would’ve been if he played for the redskins, or the raiders. Where you are drafted matters as much as anything in regards to how your career is going to turn out.

Bill Bellicheck is the best HC in nfl history. Yes, or no? 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My point is, he’s had the best situation of any qb in the history of the league.

When he took over for an 0-2 team that was 5-11 the year prior with Belichick and Bledsoe (a damn good QB in his own right), was that the "best situation of any qb in the history of the league?" Or did Brady maybe have a massive part in creating that situation and culture?  Hoodie's culture doesn't catch on without Brady.  No one's going to sacrifice their egos, personalities, and their money for "The Patriot Way" if they don't have skins on the wall and a quarterback who's one of the best leaders in the history of sports AND all about team over self.  Everyone else falls in line.  Find me one Patriot in the past two decades who wouldn't run through a wall if Tom asked them to.  You can't say that about Manning or Rodgers' teammates.

They can survive now without Brady because it's a well-oiled machine much like the Spurs have without Duncan; but, make no mistake, Pop wouldn't be Pop without TD.

Brady's "situation" has always been "you're so damn good and selfless that we'll continue to not spend any money on offense, focus on defense, and surround you with interchangeable parts because we know you'll make it work."

Also, for the 100th time, Cassel beat one team that finished with a winning record that season, and got blown the fuck out by the only 3 good teams on their schedule.  And had a guy name Moss with a history of making absolute scrubs looks promising.

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Where you are drafted matters as much as anything in regards to how your career is going to turn out. 

Absolutely true.  But Brady would have been great anywhere.

Edited by aggie08

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

When he took over for an 0-2 team that was 5-11 the year prior with Belichick and Bledsoe (a damn good QB in his own right), was that the "best situation of any qb in the history of the league?" Or did Brady maybe have a massive part in creating that situation and culture?  Hoodie's culture doesn't catch on without Brady.  No one's going to sacrifice their egos, personalities, and their money for "The Patriot Way" if they don't have skins on the wall and a quarterback who's one of the best leaders in the history of sports AND all about team success.  Everyone else falls in line.  They can survive now without Brady because it's a well-oiled machine much like the Spurs have without Duncan; but, make no mistake, Pop wouldn't be Pop without TD.

Brady's "situation" has always been "you're so damn good and selfless that we'll continue to not spend any money on offense, focus on defense, and surround you with interchangeable parts because we know you'll make it work."

Also, for the 100th time, Cassel beat one team that finished with a winning record that season, and got blown the fuck out by the only 3 good teams on their schedule.  And had a guy name Moss with a history of making absolute scrubs looks promising.

That’s fair. That was so long ago that i don’t remember that team and I haven’t read through this thread. I just think that their greatness is a trifecta. Great owner/gm, great QB, great HC. I feel like if any of those things aren’t in place, Brady isn’t considered the goat, Bellicheck isn’t considered the best HC ever, and so on. Just my opinion. I could be wrong. We’ll never know. It can’t be proven one way or another. 

Also, wasn’t that first Brady team pretty damn good with Bledsoe as their qb? I was 9, so I can’t say I remember that well haha.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

47 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

One major difference between Brady and Manning is that Brady always had a much stronger arm than Manning and that’s going to prolong his career like it has.

Brady's arm-strength--especially in adverse weather and strong winds--has always been highly underrated.  He has an argument for best bad weather passer in league history.  A nice skill to have outdoors in January.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s fair. That was so long ago that i don’t remember that team and I haven’t read through this thread. I just think that their greatness is a trifecta. Great owner/gm, great QB, great HC. I feel like if any of those things aren’t in place, Brady isn’t considered the goat, Bellicheck isn’t considered the best HC ever, and so on. Just my opinion. I could be wrong. We’ll never know. It can’t be proven one way or another. 

For sure. It all goes hand in hand. And luck plays a huge part.  Obviously BB is a great coach with or without Brady, but they are perfect for each other (even if they don't really like each other).  Having Jordan and Duncan put Phil Jackson and Pop into the Best Coach Ever conversation.  They wouldn't have reached those levels without each other.  

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, wasn’t that first Brady team pretty damn good with Bledsoe as their qb? I was 9, so I can’t say I remember that well haha.

Bledsoe was 5-13 overall with Hoodie.  0-2 to start that first Super Bowl year.  And one serviceable half in the AFC Championship in relief of an injured Brady.

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well he went 11-5 with a qb who by all accounts isn’t even a good backup. Matt Cassel is terrible. Always has been. I don’t care what division you play in. 11-5 is a good season. 

And he went either 3-1 or 4-0 against some decent teams with Jimmy G. He’s the only reason anyone thinks of Jimmy G as a competent qb. I’m not saying he is, or he isn’t (we don’t know yet) but Kyle shanahan, a coach who is widely regarded as one of the best offensive minds in the sport, sure thinks he’s a competent qb. That’s all Bellicheck. 

Realize what I’m saying. I’m not saying Brady isn’t the goat. His situation is his situation. His resume speaks for itself. My point is, he’s had the best situation of any qb in the history of the league. A coach who is better at adapting to his opponent than any in the history of the game. A coach that’s better at taking away the other teams best player than anyone in the history of the game. I was just saying I’d love to know how Brady’s career would’ve been if he played for the redskins, or the raiders. Where you are drafted matters as much as anything in regards to how your career is going to turn out.

Bill Bellicheck is the best HC in nfl history. Yes, or no? 

you know what else Belichick would have adapted if it wasn't good enough? his fucking quarterback. 

BB and TB are both the best in NFL history at what they do, and it's really not even debatable. did they both succeed because of the other one? of course they did. but what the fuck difference does it make? that's what buying into the team philosophy means. the egomaniacs that try to extract every last nickel out of their team will always have far fewer (thanks Stannis) rings than TB       

All you have to do is look at someone like Jared Goff and Todd Gurley. They get unlucky to be drafted by Jeff Fisher, and they’re trash. They get a new innovative offensive mind in there at HC, Goff puts up pro bowl caliber numbers, and Gurley looks like a top 3 rb. Coaching matters in football more than any other sport IMO. If the next HC came in and flopped after Fisher, Goff would be viewed as a career backup, and Jeff Fisher would still be “well respected around the league”. Funny how that shit works out. A lot of this is luck. Some people can rise above, but sometimes your coach can be so bad that your career just has no chance.

and I really do think history will show that mike McCarthy was a TERRIBLE hc. Rodgers was a diaper for a team that was full of shit. He isn’t who he was in his prime, but he carried them for a while and made the organization look better than it really was.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

17 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

All you have to do is look at someone like Jared Goff and Todd Gurley. They get unlucky to be drafted by Jeff Fisher, and they’re trash. They get a new innovative offensive mind in there at HC, Goff puts up pro bowl caliber numbers, and Gurley looks like a top 3 rb. Coaching matters in football more than any other sport IMO. If the next HC came in and flopped after Fisher, Goff would be viewed as a career backup, and Jeff Fisher would still be “well respected around the league”. Funny how that shit works out. A lot of this is luck. Some people can rise above, but sometimes your coach can be so bad that your career just has no chance.

and I really do think history will show that mike McCarthy was a TERRIBLE hc. Rodgers was a diaper for a team that was full of shit. He isn’t who he was in his prime, but he carried them for a while and made the organization look better than it really was.

don't forget, Goff didn't know if the sun rose in the east or the west. and they have not won shit

rodgers is (was?) a great qb. not a great team guy. he will end his career with the same number of rings he has had since the 2010 season 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

7 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

don't forget, Goff didn't know if the sun rose in the east or the west. and they have not won shit

rodgers is (was?) a great qb. not a great team guy. he will end his career with the same number of rings he has had since the 2010 season 

Winning an NFC championship game and making it to the super bowl is a huge accomplishment. Especially for a 2nd year HC and a 3rd year starting qb. And don’t give me this “the saints would’ve been there without that call” bullshit. The saints choked in that game. That’s on them. A lot had to happen after that play. They shit the bed in the super bowl and got outsmarted by the hoodie (While also over thinking a lot of shit on their end, probably), but to say they haven’t won shit is a bit of a reach IMO. I don’t think Goff is anything special, but he’s talented (that’s why he was #1 overall), and McVay does a great job of scheming guys to be wide open, making it easy on his qb.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Winning an NFC championship game and making it to the super bowl is a huge accomplishment. Especially for a 2nd year HC and a 3rd year starting qb. They shit the bed in the super bowl and got outsmarted by the hoodie (While also over thinking a lot of shit on their end, probably), but to say they haven’t won shit is a bit of a reach IMO. I don’t think Goff is anything special, but he’s talented (that’s why he was #1 overall), and McVay does a great job of scheming guys to be wide open, making it easy on his qb.

I'm not even going to blame the bad call, Drew Brees blew the NFC championship game so the rams were lucky as hell to be in the super bowl. time will tell if mcvay is anything more than the flavor of the month. to date, they haven't won shit  

On 8/7/2019 at 1:19 PM, Drew said:

It's impossible to go from 5-11 to a SB winning team apparently.

Well, it has happened exactly 3 times in the Super Bowl era that a team went from a losing record one year to Champions the next: the 6-10 49ers in 1980, the 4-12 Rams in 1999, and the 5-11 Patriots in 2000.

No head coaching changes occurred between the seasons for any of the three.  Bill Walsh sucked shit through a straw with Steve DeBerg; Dick Vermeil won 9 games in two seasons with Tony Banks; Belicheck couldn't win with Bledsoe.  All organizational leaps directly corresponded to future Hall-of-Fame quarterbacks taking over for injured and/or underachieving starters full-time: Joe Montana, Kurt Warner, and Tom Brady.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, aggie08 said:

When he took over for an 0-2 team that was 5-11 the year prior with Belichick and Bledsoe (a damn good QB in his own right), was that the "best situation of any qb in the history of the league?" Or did Brady maybe have a massive part in creating that situation and culture?  Hoodie's culture doesn't catch on without Brady.  No one's going to sacrifice their egos, personalities, and their money for "The Patriot Way" if they don't have skins on the wall and a quarterback who's one of the best leaders in the history of sports AND all about team over self.  Everyone else falls in line.  Find me one Patriot in the past two decades who wouldn't run through a wall if Tom asked them to.  You can't say that about Manning or Rodgers' teammates.

They can survive now without Brady because it's a well-oiled machine much like the Spurs have without Duncan; but, make no mistake, Pop wouldn't be Pop without TD.

Agree on all points.

Except the last one.  TB was nothing special at Michigan.  His 98 game in South Bend has been Trotskied from history. 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Bump. Switches conferences. One year in the NFC, he is in the Super Bowl. He has matched both Rodgers and Brees' NFC championship wins in one year.

Now the question must be asked, was it really Belichek or was it just Brady being the GOAT?

• Haha 2

Everyone outside of Tampa will be pulling for KC.  So odd that Brady is such a bitch, his GOATness is Jordanesque but he could be such a bigger draw and make even more money if he weren't such a bitch.  I guess at that level he has fuck you money either way so it doesn't matter but you'd think that with that ego he'd care about his perception.  Jordan = respected, feared, and loved.  Brady = respected, feared, and hated

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Everyone outside of Tampa will be pulling for KC.  So odd that Brady is such a bitch, his GOATness is Jordanesque but he could be such a bigger draw and make even more money if he weren't such a bitch.  I guess at that level he has fuck you money either way so it doesn't matter but you'd think that with that ego he'd care about his perception.  Jordan = respected, feared, and loved.  Brady = respected, feared, and hated

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Jordan is every bit as big of an egotistical asshole, he was just better at maintaining his public persona.  Which was probably helped by social media not existing.  You don't get to their level without a pathological need to be better than everyone.  That trait doesn't exist in non-assholes.

Edited by kevwun

12 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Hot takes are cool....but this is a shitty take.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

i guess i'm not everyone.  

31 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I assume you may not know it’s a repeat of the same video they made after AFC title win in 2019. It’s already great. The fact they ran it back only makes it better.

didn't know.  now i gotta google it.

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Now the question must be asked, was it really Belichek or was it just Brady being the GOAT?

I had the same thought ... without Brady, Bill does not make the playoffs ... without Bill, Brady makes the Super Bowl with a team that did not make the playoffs the year before. I have asked my Boston friends what's the story on local sports talk.

20 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

He's a bitch because he's an obsessive football junky nerd who doesn't care about being in a billion TV commercials?

Its' time, there is no denying Tom Brady even for those of us that want too.

Doesn't have the escapability of Staubach, Tarkenton or some of the newer QBs

Doesn't have the wow did he just do that of Marino, Elway or Montana

Doesn't have the heart of Farve or Brees

Yet he just has a steady, boring and incredible IT factor and a leadership factor that can only be measured in the locker room of which us outsiders cannot understand. Hate to say he is the greatest of all time because Staubach was my man and Montana was the best QB ever to me even though he played for a rival. Maybe it took me so long because the Cowboys have sucked for 25 years and they have never been close to having their hearts broken by the man.

Edited by DanTheHorn