Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

34 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

1. I saw Brady is awesome, but winning 6 Super Bowls isn't an argument ender like some people want it to be.
2. You say nobody is saying that.
3. I post verbatim quotes of two people saying that.
4. You claim that they're not really saying that but they're really saying something else.
5. You then follow up by asking if I'm saying something that I'm not saying.

I read "argument ender" as you implying that "six rings" is all someone needs to say to "win" the argument.  Which, of course, I agree, that's not an argument ender in itself.  So I made the obvious point that there's much more being taken into consideration (yes, even by the people posting pictures of cartoon Brady's dick).  That's apparently not what you meant though, so I asked what exactly you're getting at.  If it came off as snarky or whatever, I apologize.  Just seeking clarification.

Edited by aggie08

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Pretty sure that's the entire point of the dissent here. There's no denying that it is that way, the point is that it shouldn't be that way.

If the point is that it shouldn't be that way, that's a stupid point to make. You can't judge a QB in a vacuum.

Every great athlete owes at least part of their success to good coaching and training. Bill Belichick is the greatest NFL coach of all time, so it shouldn't come as a big surprise that the greatest NFL player of all time played under him. That doesn't take anything away from Brady's accomplishments and his HOF coach shouldn't count against his GOAT status.

Furthermore, every great athlete in a team sport owes at least part of their success to good players around them. It's a team sport. That's how this works. People need to quit throwing out stupid hypotheticals like "What if Brady had been drafted by the Browns..."

If someone feels otherwise, then go ahead and make a list of NFL players who should be in the GOAT discussion and didn't have good coaches or supporting players along the way.

True...he works hard from the stories but some of that longevity is due to rule changes and protecting qb that earlier guys didnt get
Brady is great...and plays on the best teams in era
And Joe played on the best team. And received the star treatment from refs that every marquee player got. And played against smaller, slower, less conditioned athletes than the current crop. And do we want to bring up the internet era? Joe and his team weren't choir boys. They never dealt with the 24/7/365 social media environment the current crop has had to maneuver.

Everyone respects Montana. At worst he's the 2nd best QB to date. He had advantages that staubach, Starr, unitas, et al didn't have.

And Joe played on the best team. And received the star treatment from refs that every marquee player got. And played against smaller, slower, less conditioned athletes than the current crop. And do we want to bring up the internet era? Joe and his team weren't choir boys. They never dealt with the 24/7/365 social media environment the current crop has had to maneuver.

Everyone respects Montana. At worst he's the 2nd best QB to date. He had advantages that staubach, Starr, unitas, et al didn't have.
I dont know if i would use slower smaller players as a point when the 85 bears and Lawrence Taylor was around

Athletes are bigger, faster but qb's dont feel the wrath these days like then.

Was fun chat but off season is upon us and time for rampant FA and draft speculations

On 2/3/2019 at 11:27 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Gotcha. I thought you meant in all his Super Bowls once he retires.

I agree. Today he made one great pass to get them the game winning TD to Gronk. He made another pass on that drive to lead Gronk perfectly that kick started the drive. Edelman wide open a lot and hit him on those. Wade disguised his defense very well today and threw Brady off. Rams got Brady off his normal game. 

Yeah I bet in his final highlight video that pass to Gronk will be in it. Just about the only impressive offensive play by either side in that game.

All the Brady haters really need to hate Ms. Brady.

Brady said Bundchen “always makes a little altar for me at the game because she just wills it so much,” complete with pictures of his children.

“And I have these little special stones and healing stones and protection stones and she has me wear a necklace and take these drops she makes, I say all these mantras,” Brady said. “And I stopped questioning her a long time ago. I just shut up and listen.”

“She said you’re lucky you married a witch – I’m just a good witch,” Brady said.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/02/07/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-superstitions-super-bowl-stones/

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

“And I have these little special stones and healing stones and protection stones and she has me wear a necklace and take these drops she makes, I say all these mantras,” Brady said. “And I stopped questioning her a long time ago. I just shut up and listen. And then I french kissed my son."

fify.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

All the Brady haters really need to hate Ms. Brady.

Brady said Bundchen “always makes a little altar for me at the game because she just wills it so much,” complete with pictures of his children.

“And I have these little special stones and healing stones and protection stones and she has me wear a necklace and take these drops she makes, I say all these mantras,” Brady said. “And I stopped questioning her a long time ago. I just shut up and listen.”

“She said you’re lucky you married a witch – I’m just a good witch,” Brady said.
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/02/07/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-superstitions-super-bowl-stones/
TIL Giselle is thanos

I gave up hating brady because he's perfect. Now I enjoy the guy because he often makes fun of himself. Especially with his draft pictures/ videos.

No matter how much you hate him, he'll always be perfect, more successful, have more money and hotter wife.

Impossible to compete with. Ang he's still the best player in the nfl at 41

I gave up hating brady because he's perfect. Now I enjoy the guy because he often makes fun of himself. Especially with his draft pictures/ videos.

No matter how much you hate him, he'll always be perfect, more successful, have more money and hotter wife.

Impossible to compete with. Ang he's still the best player in the nfl at 41
He's pretty much the anti Aaron Rodgers. He doesn't take himself seriously at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...