Texas recruiting notes 2019

7 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Then there are surly clowns like you. context man context  I was just a kid doing what the big german and ultra cheap chinese owners wanted and this was a hugely different time 

Would it help if I put bin laden ahead of you, too? Fine. 

Hitler, clown serial killer, bin laden and then you. Better?

4 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Also, Saban promoted Kirby Smart from within as well as Will Muschamp. 

Naivar absolutely deserves a shot at DC if Orlando leaves. He has been in the system for years and coaches one of the two most demanding groups within the scheme. He is a great recruiter, and seems like a good X and O coach for the most part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

It should be obvious by now that there are good versions of this joke and bad versions of this joke.  If you're going to make this joke, it is worth trying to be new and creative about it.  Hard to believe that something less than a week old has already been beaten to death.  But I put nothing past Surly.

What I do ask is that when you fuckwits try to make this joke, do it in a new and interesting way.  Or don't do it at all and just post pics of Kate Beckinsale.

You better hope someone doesn't dox you and find some yearbook pics from a few decades back. Just sayin'.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, and Drew Mehringer was National Recruiter of the Year.

Haha!

Saban is a defensive coach and can compensate for a DC’s deficiencies. Luppoi was a head scratcher, though. That wasn’t a typical Bama defense this year. The offense was the better side of that team for sure. 

39 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I worked at the Salt Lick in Driftwood as kid for a couple of summers.  Customers would often praise the black pepper in their potatoes, except for the fact that they didnt put black pepper in the potatoes. What looked like pepper were cigarette ashes from previous customers. Bus boys would take dishes to the back and put left over food in 5 gallon buckets to reserve.  One time a lady said, wow.. prebuttered bread!  yeah, the used end was just cut off and the good end put in the humidifier  LOL  and sometimes it came with "pepper"  haha

you seem cunty

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, and Drew Mehringer was National Recruiter of the Year.

Actually, I must correct myself.

With Henry To'oto'o signing at Tennessee, Blake Niedermeyer is now the National Recruiter of the Year.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-assistant-coach-Brian-Niedermeyer-247Sports-National-Recruiter-of-the-Year-128805699/

Edited by Machinator

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

There’s a lot worse that goes on in very well known restaurants every day.  Much of it involves the walk-in freezer. 

aint that the truth. many years ago (back in the '90s) my daughters worked as waitresses in some good restaurants to help put themselves through school.  They would let me know what to eat and what NOT to eat that day.  If you are squeamish, dont eat out because you never know most of the time 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

aint that the truth. many years ago (back in the '90s) my daughters worked as waitresses in some good restaurants to help put themselves through school.  They would let me know what to eat and what NOT to eat that day.  If you are squeamish, dont eat out because you never know most of the time 

something something eating out something something your daughters 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

E.J. Holland: Five takeaways from National Signing Day

1. Shepherd saga ends — Just like Jordan Elliott before him, the turning twister of Javonne Shepherd’s recruitment ended without much fanfare in a gym full of athletes at a Houston ISD building. From visiting to not visiting to checking out other schools to weird tweets, the Shepherd saga is over. He is signed, sealed and delivered. Shepherd stuck with his commitment to Texas despite making official visits to Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia. Shepherd has a lot of potential at tackle and could be a big-time player upfront for the Longhorns or he could go the way of Elliott. Texas is going to have to push to get the most out of him.

2. Officially official — Five-star athlete Bru McCoy has been enrolled at Texas for a week, but the Longhorns waited until National Signing Day to formally announce him as part of the 2019 recruiting class. McCoy, of course, transferred from USC in one of the strangest situations we’ve ever seen. Now that he is in (I mean, has been), McCoy will have to fight for his eligibility. There is no timetable on a decision. If cleared, I’m told McCoy is expected to make an immediate impact at wide receiver. Getting him to Austin was one of the biggest recruiting wins in Texas history and will help the Longhorns continue to have success nationally, especially out West, moving forward.

3. Staying ahead — With Shepherd still in the fold, Texas remained at No. 3 in the 247Sports national team recruiting rankings. LSU looked poise to move ahead of the Longhorns, but five-star defensive lineman Ishmael Sopsher spurned his home state program in favor of Alabama. LSU moved into the Top 5 after landing four-star athlete Devonta Lee, but it wasn’t enough to move past UT. Texas A&M added three-star athlete Ainias Smith and is expected to land three-star linebacker Christopher Russell. Still, that won’t be enough to move the Aggies past Texas. Tom Herman and the Longhorns did a tremendous job across the board.

4. One miss — Four-star junior college linebacker Lakia Henry has signed with Ole Miss. Henry made an official visit to Texas over the weekend, and the Longhorns did everything they could, but at the end of the day, Henry wanted to play in the SEC. After backing out of his verbal pledge to Tennessee, there appeared to be a window of opportunity for Texas due to a conference credit issue. However, Ole Miss was able to sort that out, and Henry sided with the Rebels over Arkansas.

5. Overall view — While most of the class signed in December, it is now 100 percent complete. As mentioned, Texas should stay in the No. 3 spot in the national rankings, giving the Longhorns back-to-back Top 3 classes under Herman. The Longhorns got their five-star in McCoy and landed immediate impact players like De’Gabriel Floyd, Jake Smith and Jordan Whittington. While in-state recruiting was up and down, Herman and company went out and found the best talent regardless of where they were from. This is a truly special class.

Actually, I must correct myself.
With Henry To'oto'o signing at Tennessee, Blake Niedermeyer is now the National Recruiter of the Year.
https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-assistant-coach-Brian-Niedermeyer-247Sports-National-Recruiter-of-the-Year-128805699/

Neidermeyer. He’s a sneaky little shit.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

It should be obvious by now that there are good versions of this joke and bad versions of this joke.  If you're going to make this joke, it is worth trying to be new and creative about it.  Hard to believe that something less than a week old has already been beaten to death.  But I put nothing past Surly.

What I do ask is that when you fuckwits try to make this joke, do it in a new and interesting way.  Or don't do it at all and just post pics of Kate Beckinsale.

fuck you . all those skinny old white women look like South Austin's mom anyway.

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

I worked at the Salt Lick in Driftwood as kid for a couple of summers.  Customers would often praise the black pepper in their potatoes, except for the fact that they didnt put black pepper in the potatoes. What looked like pepper were cigarette ashes from previous customers. Bus boys would take dishes to the back and put left over food in 5 gallon buckets to reserve.  One time a lady said, wow.. prebuttered bread!  yeah, the used end was just cut off and the good end put in the humidifier  LOL  and sometimes it came with "pepper"  haha

this kind of reminds me of the time I worked a concession stand for the TEXAS ou game back in the '70's. we were all 9th-12th graders (I was 9th) and pretty much on our own. so we're cooking up burgers and dogs pre-game to get ahead and I burn the hell out of a burger. not wanting to waste it, I tell everyone, "this is a charco-burger, only give it to a fucking okie". so a buddy takes a frozen patty and creates the frosto-burger, also placed in the "okie only" section of food. my next creation was a half-o-burger, half burger, half weiner. there were several other creative inventions. 

the recipient of the half-o-burger came back and told us what he'd gotten. I apologized and he said no, I actually came back to get another one, it was great.

never heard from the charco-burger eater.

but the frosto-burger okie was pissed. came back demanding a cooked burger. so one of my buddies (I swear it wasn't me) took control. told the gooner he'd fix him right up. went back and made the dude two snot-o-burger's and apologized profusely for the frozen one.

and Texas kicked the shit out of okie.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

EJ trying to rack up some international data charges from Prague with all the incoming notifications.

Isn’t it just basic math that if we finished with a higher composite with fewer players that we would have a higher avg? I mean, I’m not much for the maths, but maths.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Isn’t it just basic math that if we finished with a higher composite with fewer players that we would have a higher avg? I mean, I’m not much for the maths, but maths.

Not necessarily, for larger classes the math becomes a bit distorted because lower-rated recruits stop adding to your score past a certain threshold.

image.png

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Not necessarily, for larger classes the math becomes a bit distorted because lower-rated recruits stop adding to your score past a certain threshold.

image.png

No one is going to suffer worse from Texas being back than TCU. I’m kind of surprised that Patterson did not leave for another job this offseason. 

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Aggy coaches spent the entire year telling recruits that Texas was all hype and that they would have a top 2 class while we had few commits.  We then finish ranked in the top 10 beating two top 5 teams.  We follow that up with picking up elite national players and finish again with a top 3 class.  Glad the coaches are celebrating this.  Fuck aggy.  Those guys have always been all talk.  They're a fucking mid tier program that has never won shit.  They will always continue to be shit.  Jimbo is going to run that program to the ground just like he did at FSU.

Well still landed more 5*/4* players and our composite average is 100* higher.

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

No one is going to suffer worse from Texas being back than TCU. I’m kind of surprised that Patterson did not leave for another job this offseason. 

Patterson has enough goodwill to last a long time at TCU, but this season will be interesting for him. He bounced back after his last bad season. I wonder if he will again 

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Black pepper and white pepper are very, very different from red peppers

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Black/white pepper is from India, Indians were exporting it to Europe/SE Asia/China for centuries. Red peppers are native to the New World.

The Difference Between Types of Peppercorns

Black, white, pink, green: Find out what sets peppercorns apart

â‘  Black Peppercorns
The most common variety, black peppercorns are just cooked green peppercorns that have then been left out to dry. They have the strongest, most pungent flavor. Freshly ground, they’re the ideal seasoning—along with salt—for pretty much anything. There are many varieties, including Tellicherry, which comes from Southern India and has a sweet, well-rounded taste; Brazilian, which is particularly harsh; and Lampong from Indonesia, which leaves a citrusy, slow burn.

â‘¡ Green Peppercorns
These are underripe black peppercorns that typically come in brine or vinegar, tasting fresh and tart. They might also come dried, but it’s more common to see them in brine. Slightly spicy and aromatic, they’re great for flavoring sauces for meat dishes.

â‘¢ White Peppercorns
White peppercorns are black peppercorns whose skins have been removed. They have both a fiery, but also less pungent taste, and are good for light-colored sauces and foods.

https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/national/peppercorns-different-types-black-pepper-green-pink

All three peppercorns (Black/Green/White) are Green Peppercorns, it just depends on how they are prepared. 

2 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

I prefer to eat at places where you can see your food being prepared, but I am always nice to the servers, so I hope that they never tell the kitchen to "make a 'special' one for Napoleon".