Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

I would say ‘run its course” is a bit of an understatement.  More like beaten to death by a mob of angry villagers, ripped limb from limb to bloody shreds, then consumed by pigs and shit into a cholera ridden ditch of sewage.  

Angry villagers.
You mean Gymkata like angry villagers? Those folk are a whole
notha level.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Sounds like Green may commit to aggy today. EJ put in his CB and toilet bitch said “he wouldn’t rule out committing today”

Isn’t this about the fifth time toilet bitch has said that about Green?

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think that's overblown 

I may be wrong, but the only time them two have been together was that aggy super bowl weekend where some aggy source probably ran with the idea of it because they may have mentioned it and the aggy boards have had it etched in stone since.

Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

I figured as much but didn't remember if those early reports were another aggy echo chamber thing or not.

They're buds, but kids talk about playing together early in the process all the time, and it ends up falling through. It would be a bigger deal if they were related, or even teammates.

We just took his running back as a preferred walk on, which one do you think affects him more?

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I may be wrong, but the only time them two have been together was that aggy super bowl weekend where some aggy source probably ran with the idea of it because they may have mentioned it and the aggy boards have had it etched in stone since.

Andrew Coker was going to play with them at A&M too 

E.J. Holland: Recruiting tidbits from East Texas satellite camp

— Texas kicked off in-state summer satellite camps by heading to East Texas. The assistants working the camp are offensive line coach Herb Hand, defensive line coach Oscar Giles, inside wide receiver coach Corby Meekins and tight ends coach Derek Warehime. Texas head coach Tom Herman did not make it to the camp this year.

— Rising 2020 athlete Kelvontay Dixon, the younger brother of Texas signee Keaontay Ingram, is in attendance at today’s camp and could be a prospect the Longhorns decide to offer. Dixon holds a handful of Power Five offers but is coming off a serious leg injury that cost him his sophomore season.

— One 2019 prospect the Longhorns are seriously evaluating at today’s camp is Henderson defensive lineman Keivie Rose. The three-star prospect has been in contact with UT defensive line coach Oscar Giles and was on campus for junior day back in February. He holds a couple of P5 offers.

— Texas could be close to putting an offer on the table for big-time 2021 Texarkana Pleasant Grove defensive end Landon Jackson. He has been in frequent contact with the staff and made a visit this offseason. He holds early offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Texas A&M and others. Texas A&M is considered the early favorite.

— One of the most intriguing prospects in attendance at today’s camp is rising 2020 Marshall quarterback Jacarrion Green. He holds three offers from Nebraska, Ole Miss and Texas State. While Texas already has a quarterback commit in 2020, the Longhorns have invited him to camp in Austin.

— Texas is also showing interest in 2020 Marshall wide receiver Savion Williams. He has good size at 6-foot-3, 170 pounds and holds early offers from Bowling Green, Southern Miss and Texas State. Williams visited UT for the spring game in April and is a prospect to keep an eye on.

— The Longhorns are also watching 2020 Brook Hill athlete Khalan Griffin. He visited Texas earlier this offseason and could play slot receiver or running back at the next level. Griffin has an early offer in hand from Texas State and is another prospect to know.

— Another prospect to know is four-star 2020 Diboll athlete Herbert Gums. He hasn’t heard from Texas yet but is in a similar mold to Vernon Jackson in last year’s class. Gums has an early offer from Houston and should see his stock rise this season.

Edited by satyanash

Little disappointing, but he's not a camp champion style of QB.
And a lot of camp superstars fade into obscurity later..

At least that's what I like to tell myself. Rojo is a gamer, no doubt about that..and btw, how is that sparq champion (Chatman?) doing these days?

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sucks that Rattler is OU bound. Also hate to see TCU and Baylor pick up solid guys. It’s impossible to project Johnson because of our offense’s reliance on the QB to run and be durable.

Camp talk is stupid.  It’s what he does on campus they do on campus that truly matters.  Rojo is the perfect Herman qb and will win a title at Texas.  If I’m wrong, I’ll sleep with @South Austin‘s mom.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Like 3