Texas recruiting notes 2019

Posters on Tigerdroppings think that Emery Jr's dad wants him at MSU, and that Emery's girlfriend going to USM next year is another reason he might be leaning MSU recently (even though Baton Rouge is closer to USM than Starkville is). 

The assumption was always that Tennessee would be the competition, because Emery Sr played there. It'll be interesting to see if there's actually anything to this. 

44 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The pyramid of topics

Kate gifs

Commitment news

Impending commitment news

News about visits

News of interest, planned visits

Coaches on flights

Candi jokes

Jimbo sleaze

Coach X sucks talk

Cat facts

Poster doxxing  <---------

Scat gifs

After scat gifs hit "return" 131 times. And then after that comes "verb/subject agreement."

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

Posters on Tigerdroppings think that Emery Jr's dad wants him at MSU, and that Emery's girlfriend going to USM next year is another reason he might be leaning MSU recently (even though Baton Rouge is closer to USM than Starkville is). 

The assumption was always that Tennessee would be the competition, because Emery Sr played there. It'll be interesting to see if there's actually anything to this. 

LSU getting Emery is probably better for us, by man, the meltdown could be epic if they lose him.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

LSU getting Emery is probably better for us, by man, the meltdown could be epic if they lose him.

They've been recruiting other running backs for awhile now, which I assumed was because they wanted to take three feature backs no matter what, but maybe as backups for Emery/Cain? 

13 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

At this point, I don’t care who LSU has at RB. We should be able to out-recruit them. They’re a fucking train wreck right now.

They have won a lot more football games than we have in the last 3-5 years. Stones, glass houses and all of that. 

4 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

At this point, I don’t care who LSU has at RB. We should be able to out-recruit them. They’re a fucking train wreck right now.

It certainly feels that way, but remember that they won 9 last year even with the idiotic Troy loss and while we all know they are an impending train wreck, these high school kids often don't. You'd be amazed how many of them don't watch any of the games - even schools they are considering.  Hell, if they did watch all they saw from the Troy game on was handoffs to the RB and holes blown wide open in those SEC SEC SEC defenses. (Arkansas, Tenn, Ole Miss, Aggy). And now Guice is gone and the RB room is "wide open" .  I can see the sales pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

They have won a lot more football games than we have in the last 3-5 years. Stones, glass houses and all of that. 

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

It certainly feels that way, but remember that they won 9 last year even with the idiotic Troy loss and while we all know they are an impending train wreck, these high school kids often don't. You'd be amazed how many of them don't watch any of the games - even schools they are considering.  Hell, if they did watch all they saw from the Troy game on was handoffs to the RB and holes blown wide open in those SEC SEC SEC defenses. (Arkansas, Tenn, Ole Miss, Aggy). And now Guice is gone and the RB room is "wide open" .  I can see the sales pitch. 

I'm talking  about their recruiting, not the on field product. Their 2018 class was bad and 2019 is off to a better start, but I think they'll fall off from where they're at now. Coach O is not organized in his recruiting approach and our staff, especially Drayton, should be able to run circles around him.  My point is with Coach O at the helm, LSU isn't the same competition in recruiting that it used to be, and we should absolutely be able to win out regardless of how many RBs they take. 

Agreed completely. LSU's approach to last year's DB class was Aggy-esque. For a school that also lays claim to the DBU tag, they are in a pretty fucking dire place on the 2-deep at CB and got NOTHING. Fucking Mannie Netherly is not only on the 2-deep but competing for the starting spot opposite Greedy. That's NUTS. I never followed up did they land the grad transfer from Stanford? Even if they land a grad transfer that depth chart is brutal. DT is also weird. Those 2 spots seem like places where LSU should NEVER lack depth. Of course, I've also seen Texas without a decent RB for too many seasons recently. 

3 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Grad transferring from Stanford to LSU. That dude's gonna feel like he went back to middle school classes. 

Dude, learning to color inside the lines, especially at the graduate level, ain't like riding a bike. Definite transition period coming...

• Like 1

Well shit. Looks like Bragg might be Stanford-bound. Per Wells:

Talking to a couple sources, it looks like the Crandall 4-Star OL will pick Stanford, and fairly soon. 

He’s waiting on his acceptance letter. If he’s accepted, it will be tough to overcome the prestige factor he’s clearly smitten by.

And if he could be accepted this quickly, he’s almost assuredly going to be accepted. 

Now, if he doesn’t get in, Texas is the clear next choice. But he’s called the Big Intellectual for a reason.

Edited by Machinator

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

New
Talking to a couple sources, it looks like the Crandall 4-Star OL will pick Stanford, and fairly soon. 

He’s waiting on his acceptance letter. If he’s accepted, it will be tough to overcome the prestige factor he’s clearly smitten by.

And if he could be accepted this quickly, he’s almost assuredly going to be accepted. 

Now, if he doesn’t get in, Texas is the clear next choice. But he’s called the Big Intellectual for a reason.

Man, fuck Stanford

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

I fucking hate stanford. They're trash. They're never gunna win a title and you'll be just as well off with a UT degree than theirs. Stop this shit already. 

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

Not sure who his sources are because this is a 180 from every other 9.95er. Everyone else said Texas has regained it's footing and taken the lead back

1 minute ago, utfan87 said:

Not sure who his sources are because this is a 180 from every other 9.95er. Everyone else said Texas has regained it's footing and taken the lead back

Apparently Bragg didn't think he would get into Stanford, now it looks like he will.

Edited by Machinator

8 minutes ago, randygilman said:

I would love for someone to explain to me the economic advantage of a stanford degree versus a ut degree. Anyone know where I could find such insight?

You can't. It's not real. But Shaw sells it and 16 and 17 years olds eat it up. "Hey, I'll screw things up with all of this talent I'm gunna collect, we'll never win a big one, but you're gunna earn billions more with a Stanford degree. You on board?"

(edit: I'm sure there benefits somewhere, standford vs most schools, but I'm mad right now and I'm gunna say there are zero)

Edited by UncleBuck

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

You can't. It's not real. But Shaw sells it and 16 and 17 years olds eat it up. "Hey, I'll screw things up with all of this talent I'm gunna collect, we'll never win a big one, but you're gunna earn billions more with a Stanford degree. You on board?"

Your a idiot.

4 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

It's pretty obvious who his source is here

At least we found out early and have plenty of time to find a replacement 

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

“And if he could be accepted this quickly, he’s almost assuredly going to be accepted.“

What?

Probably means that even if he's narrowly short of whatever academic combined number they need, he has time to retake some tests and get a few more As in the classroom.

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Just now, UT Lawnghorn said:

Lulz. I'm not trying to murder the guy. I like Baizer. I just found the $9.95er thread and got a good laugh so I thought I'd share.

No need to feel bad... he did this shit to himself. You simply stated the facts. Grown fucking man shouldn’t be slinking around like that anyway, you did him a favor - only good that can come of it is if he’s embarrassed enough to stop acting like a little bitch.