Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

SIAP, but apparently per Perroni, Shepherd is announcing in two weeks, but Perroni doesn't know where to 

I have zero faith in the accuracy of that information. I'd be very surprised if that ends up happening, even if I accept at face value that all the burnt bridges between Shepherd and aTm are mended. They'll drop a bag of cash in his lap just to get him to wait a 2 more months. 

After prying Junior out of LDS Country last cycle, anything is possible, but I assume Bama is the leader. 

Texas needs WRs and LBs. The staff is shotgunning WR offers out every week. They are much more selective at LB to the point of slow playing Gbenda. They must feel confident with some of the LB offers. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

After prying Junior out of LDS Country last cycle, anything is possible, but I assume Bama is the leader. 

Texas needs WRs and LBs. The staff is shotgunning WR offers every week. Much more selective at LB to the point of slow playing Gbenda. They must feel confident with some of the LB offers. 

Well, we need LBs a lot more than Alabama does. So maybe he will see a better chance for immediate playing time.

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Texas needs WRs and LBs. The staff is shotgunning WR offers out every week. They are much more selective at LB to the point of slow playing Gbenda. They must feel confident with some of the LB offers. 

All of his crystal ball picks are for Washington.  Just getting one of Tufono, Davis, or McCoy to go with Floyd would be outstanding.

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not sure if Bama is in on him 

31 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

stupid sip Nakobe Dean is going to Aggy. 

To be clear, it's difficult to know who Bama values from the outside looking in since they usually get who they want, and bring a ton of guys in and keep leading them on 

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

All of his crystal ball picks are for Washington.  Just getting one of Tufono, Davis, or McCoy to go with Floyd would be outstanding.

Also, we are probably still going after the JUCO who committed to Tennessee : Was it Lakia Henry?

Edited by Bevo

EJ after dark: More recruits set to visit UT this weekend

— Chris Thompson, the nation’s top 2020 safety, will also be in Austin this weekend for an unofficial visit. Thompson has been to Austin a few times this offseason, and it’s safe to say the Longhorns are a top school in his recruitment. In fact, this one has the makings of another good, old fashioned Texas-Texas A&M battle.

— Four-star 2020 Duncanville athlete Ja’Quinden Jackson can be added to the visitors list as well. Like his teammate Thompson, Jackson has been to Texas on multiple occasions and is very high on the Longhorns early on. I currently have my Crystal Ball pick on Texas.

— I had a chance to catch up with four-star defensive back Lewis Cine and will have more on him tomorrow. One thing I will share tonight is that Cine told me that Penn State is no longer his leader. He is open to all of his finalists and is really looking forward to his official visit to Texas this weekend. The Longhorns are gaining steam in this recruitment.

— Just so we’re clear on the Javonne Shepherd saga. Here is what I know: Texas still expects Shepherd to make his way down on Saturday. Footwork King is slated to be his transportation. He is scheduled to visit Texas A&M on Friday. If he does show up in College Station, things will get a little tricky as Footwork King will need to pick him up there, and you can bet A&M will do everything it can stop him from making it to Austin. Either way, Texas made a big impression on him last weekend and remains his leader as of today.

E.J. Holland's Big Board: Quarterbacks

With the spring evaluation period over and done with, it’s time to reset the big boards and look at where Texas stands with its targets at each position. We kick off the series by taking a look at quarterback recruiting.

Commits:

Roschon Johnson, Port Neches-Groves— There really won’t be much to this big board as Johnson gave Texas a verbal commitment last summer and became the first pledge of the cycle. The four-star prospect is completely solid to the Longhorns and is not listening to any other programs. Johnson is fully focused on graduating in December and enrolling early at UT. We do not expect Johnson to waver at any point in the process. It appears that Johnson will be the only quarterback take this cycle, and the Longhorns are perfectly content with that. Johnson is one of the most electric prospects in the state this cycle and is one hell of a runner. However, he needs to continue to develop as a passer. Johnson has made strides in that area this offseason and advanced to the Elite 11 Finals.

Offered Targets:

None

On The Radar:

QB Grant Tisdale, Allen —Tisdale seems to be the runner-up in the race to be UT’s quarterback take this cycle. Texas could take a second look if something happens with Johnson, but that appears extremely unlikely. Tisdale recently made a verbal commitment to Ole Miss.

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

— Chris Thompson, the nation’s top 2020 safety, will also be in Austin this weekend for an unofficial visit. Thompson has been to Austin a few times this offseason, and it’s safe to say the Longhorns are a top school in his recruitment. In fact, this one has the makings of another good, old fashioned Texas-Texas A&M battle.

— Four-star 2020 Duncanville athlete Ja’Quinden Jackson can be added to the visitors list as well. Like his teammate Thompson, Jackson has been to Texas on multiple occasions and is very high on the Longhorns early on. I currently have my Crystal Ball pick on Texas.

— I had a chance to catch up with four-star defensive back Lewis Cine and will have more on him tomorrow. One thing I will share tonight is that Cine told me that Penn State is no longer his leader. He is open to all of his finalists and is really looking forward to his official visit to Texas this weekend. The Longhorns are gaining steam in this recruitment.

— Just so we’re clear on the Javonne Shepherd saga. Here is what I know: Texas still expects Shepherd to make his way down on Saturday. Footwork King is slated to be his transportation. He is scheduled to visit Texas A&M on Friday. If he does show up in College Station, things will get a little tricky as Footwork King will need to pick him up there, and you can bet A&M will do everything it can stop him from making it to Austin. Either way, Texas made a big impression on him last weekend and remains his leader as of today.

The Cine news is interesting. Doubt PSU would have burned an OV to slow play him so maybe he just didn't love Happy Valley? Or he's just trying to build suspense.

Edited by texifornia

20 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Rivals might as well just start calling it the "Top 100 guys who have attended our camps. P.S. Bonus points if you're a sooner commit."  The only top 100 list I would care less about would be if Kurt Bohls started putting out a Top 100 list. 

I'd even care more about @futureman's list.  Preview: Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Rashan Gary, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Waddle. 

too much rashan gary, imo

the Javonne Shepherd saga. If he does show up in College Station, things will get a little tricky as Footwork King will need to pick him up there, and you can bet A&M will do everything it can stop him from making it to Austin.

Show up in LitStation, collect brand new TransAm, drive it to Austin. Profit?

The Cine news is interesting. Doubt PSU would have burned an OV to slow play him so maybe he just didn't love Happy Valley? Or he's just trying to build suspense.

Maybe he just went up there and discovered that their entire fanbase consists of vile subhumans who prioritize sports over the systematic sexual abuse of children. You know, as one does.
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Show up in LitStation, collect brand new TransAm, drive it to Austin. Profit?

Hamm did say that he was looking to get himself a car of his own, so maybe he just figured out how to get one for free