Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

53 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

EJ's twitter name has a German and Mexican flag... presumably reflecting the teams he's rooting for in the world cup? 

And are they his family's countries of origin?  Because I, for one, am totally in favor of EJ's new nickname being The Beanerschnitzel.

Well shit, I thought the little fucker was Dutch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

EJ's twitter name has a German and Mexican flag... presumably reflecting the teams he's rooting for in the world cup? 

And are they his family's countries of origin?  Because I, for one, am totally in favor of EJ's new nickname being The Beanerschnitzel.

This is way the fuck better.  I assume you’ve been drinking.

42 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

He, Kenyon Green, and the A&M staff are going to have a fistfight when this is all said and done. I feel bad for Javonne Shepherd

I feel bad for Javonne as well but if anyone is covering bets I'll take FootworkKing vs Green and the entire Aggy coaching staff in a fistfight. 

Just now, golfclap said:

I feel bad for Javonne as well but if anyone is covering bets I'll take FootworkKing vs Green and the entire Aggy coaching staff in a fistfight. 

Hopefully this is the last time Shepherd steps foot in that place.  Green probably had to beg him to come visit.

Question regarding "Foot Work King" et al...

How do these trainers make a living?
-They seem to coach a bunch of people who didn't necessarily grow up in houses like Walker Little's.
-They travel all the time with their top recruits.
-They have a major influence over where the kids go to school.
-.......$$$$......?????

Do boosters take care of them? Do the athletes pay them after they go pro? Do universities take care of them? Do shoe companies take care of them?

Just wondering what the official explanation for how they make a living is... as well as the real explanation is.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

-They seem to coach a bunch of people who didn't necessarily grow up in houses like Walker Little's.
-.......$$$$......?????

Do boosters take care of them? Do the athletes pay them after they go pro? Do universities take care of them? Do shoe companies take care of them?

Just wondering what the official explanation for how they make a living is... as well as the real explanation is.

Thanks

I guess it just depends really, I know there is some companies that employ personal trainers to train kids so on and so forth. Robert Griffin was suppose to open a facility in Waco....I don't know if that ever came to fruition. But in  Footwork Kings case seems like he works on his own and simply has had success from word of mouth. Could be wrong though 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I guess it just depends really, I know there is some companies that employ personal trainers to train kids so on and so forth. Robert Griffin was suppose to open a facility in Waco....I don't know if that ever came to fruition. But in  Footwork Kings case seems like he works on his own and simply has had success from word of mouth. Could be wrong though 

Yeah, his pinned tweet is coaching up Emmanuel Sanders, he definitely has some higher profile clients than what we see.

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Footwork King just tweeted out he's bringing Demas and some Tomball kid.  Unless he's keeping it under wraps.

Demas was always coming, that was no secret. The Tomball kid is their 2020 QB, it looks like the the trainer as taken him to Georgia, Texas, and Arkansas. I'm not a big fan of the trainers at the HS level, but the NCAA could a long way towards cleaning this up by making them register just like agents do.

Edited by HtownHorn

E.J. Holland's Big Board: Running Backs

With the spring evaluation period over and done with, it’s time to reset the big boards and look at where Texas stands with its targets at each position. We continue the series by take a look at running backs.

Commits:

None

Top Targets:

Trey Sanders, IMG Academy (Fla.) — One of the nation’s top overall prospects, Sanders is coming off an unofficial visit to Texas that saw the Longhorns really make an impression. Sanders has a bond with position coach Stan Drayton and loves the number of backs he’s developed, including Ezekiel Elliott. Sanders is really high on schools like Alabama, Miami and Florida, but Texas is right in the thick of things. He will be back in Austin for an official visit in the fall.

Noah Cain, IMG Academy (Fla.) — It’s easy to get excited about Sanders, but you can’t forget about his teammate. Cain is one of the best backs in the nation and would be a monster land for the Longhorns. Right now, Texas holds the majority of Crystal Ball predictions, but the Longhorns will have to fend off schools like Ohio State, Penn State, Auburn and LSU — Cain is a Baton Rouge native. Cain plans to make his decision during the early signing period. This season will be huge in his recruitment.

Marcus Major, Millwood (Okla.) — Major doesn’t talk much to the media, so it’s tough to get a read on his recruitment. But he does remain a top target for Texas and made an unofficial visit to Austin earlier this offseason. A four-star prospect, Major holds offers from across the country and appears to be high on Alabama, Florida, Michigan and Oklahoma, which holds 100 percent of Crystal Ball picks. Expect Major to make an official visit to Texas in the fall.

Offered Prospects:

Tyrion Davis, University Lab (La.) — Davis is a Baton Rouge native and committed to LSU in June of last year. We expect him to stick with his verbal pledge to the Tigers, but there is a glimmer of hope here. After all, Davis made an unofficial visit to Texas this offseason and hasn’t ruled out a return trip.

Deondrick Glass, Katy — Glass has been quiet as of later, but he did tell us that he is keeping in touch with the Texas staff. The four-star prospect visited Texas for junior day weekend in February and recently named UT one of his top schools. He could be an option as a RB2 take.

On The Radar:

Darwin Barlow, Newton — Texas hosted Barlow for junior day weekend in February and has maintained contact with the East Texas prospect. He could be an offer candidate later in the process as a RB2.

King Doerue, Amarillo Tascosa — Like Barlow, Doerue could be an offer candidate later in the process as a RB 2. Drayton stopped by to see him during the spring evaluation period, and he is on the radar.

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Or because they are playing each other Sunday? 

Die Manschaft is coming for that ass, bitchez. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

-.......$$$$......?????

Thanks

The good athletes get the highlights on social media. The good paying ones aren't often featured. Having said that, you would be surprised what people are betting/spending on their kids these days, even if they don't have it.

13 minutes ago, pacman said:

The good athletes get the highlights on social media. The good paying ones aren't often featured. Having said that, you would be surprised what people are betting/spending on their kids these days, even if they don't have it.

Good ones get trained for free. They are advertising. “ I trained 25 kids who got D1 offers”

The rest getting charged entry 

EJ on shepherd

EJHolland247 28642 posts 63 seconds agoVIP

I just exchanged some messages with Footwork King and spoke to a Texas source about Javonne Shepherd. Here are some bullet points.

— Shepherd is expected to visit Texas A&M tomorrow, but his ride will likely be one of his high school coaches, per FK. That means Shepherd should be out of College Station before Saturday morning since he won't have to depend on Kenyon Green, who will be there all weekend.

— FK is taking care of some business in North Carolina but should be back in time to take Shepherd, Demond Demas and 2020 QB Hunter Dunn to Austin on Saturday.

— Per FK, Shepherd has informed the Texas staff that he plans to be in Austin this weekend. As we've reported since last week, Shepherd is on the visitors list.

— According to a source close to the program, there is still a chance that Shepherd doesn't make it to campus. It all depends on his transportation. But the hope is that he will be on campus.

— If everything falls into place, Shepherd will visit both Texas A&M and Texas this weekend.

— We still feel like Texas is the team to beat and will feel even better about that if he does make it to Austin.

Edited by cdain3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pacman said:

The whole club sports industry relies on parents' dreams.

17 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

I know, right? I can’t count how many times I’ve been with your mom.

My Mom died 12 years ago, after being a 35 year survivor of breast cancer. She was a nurse, and wrote the first training manuals for nurses aides that were used when the UT Nursing school was first started. I don't care for your or any other person on here insulting Moms. So keep your crap to yourself.

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, ausjala said:

My Mom died 12 years ago, after being a 35 year survivor of breast cancer. She was a nurse, and wrote the first training manuals for nurses aides that were used when the UT Nursing school was first started. I don't care for your or any other person on here insulting Moms. So keep your crap to yourself.

Your Mom manually nursed my cock

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

He loves Manuel Neuer.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

-.......$$$$......?????

Thanks

I am sure like basketball some stupid shit goes down.  But these trainers can use these higher profile recruits who can't pay to draw in some that can.  These guys don't stop working with the higher level recruits when they sign at a college.  Some keep working through college and some even if they are pros.  They probably also have facilities where athletes can train if they are in town.  

That was as non cynical an answer I can give.  

Basketball, Fifa, and everything I know about sports makes me know at my core they are getting paid though probably. Whether it be shoe Companies, coaches, universities or boosters.  

58 minutes ago, ausjala said:

I still think about her in that nurses outfit. 

Am I doing that right? 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ausjala said:

Dear bookface 

14 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Earl, this crap was funny the first 50000 times. Now not so much. Lets drop it

Okay I actually laughed out loud at it, even while having empathy for ausjala and his Blink-182-What’s-My-Age-Again-album-cover-nurse-mom.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif