Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

58 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Can I be the 1st to say it.

RHM talk won't go away and I'm out.

I just went ahead and negged your posts for fomenting a discussion and then bawling about it. 

Mehringer merits little no defense and no benefit of the doubt at this point. Just every person who questions, defends or pleads for his benefit of the doubt can go fuck off and choke on their own vomit. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

When you hate your position coach so bad you scream at him in meeting rooms, quit showing up for class, and quit going to practice consistently i hear that your grades might suffer. 

Oddly enough, when you are a badass tall morherfucker who played RB in HS and you hate your position coach so badly youre planning to transfer and said coach suddenly gets moved to just “outside wr coach” and is no longer your position coach...you reconsider and stick around. 

Wtf.  I am so sick of these Mehringer stories.  As far as I can tell, Giles and Warehime are at least well liked by their charges and decent coaches.  Can’t wait til he’s gone. 

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Wtf.  I am so sick of these Mehringer stories.  As far as I can tell, Giles and Warehime are at least well liked by their charges and decent coaches.  Can’t wait til he’s gone. 

Warehime uses the "LBJ Method" when communicating with recruits. 

Giles uses a Zach Morris style brick phone to call recruits. If his phone is busy, just beep him. He also uses AOL Dial Up to surf the interwebs. 

Mehringer is a Dapper Dan Man. 

Herman is completely blind/unaware of their shortcomings. 

Did I miss anything? 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Something seems off about a top 100 prospect with just nine offers. Yes, I know offers are self-reported, but if he's listing the likes of UAB, Marshall, and UTSA, I don't think he's been selective in what he's reported.

Then there's the fact that he's an Ole Miss commit, and the majority of his offers are SEC schools...

• Like 1

I watched Sergio Kindle totally bitch slap a cross eyed Sam Bradford in the 4th quarter of 45-35 on LHN this afternoon.  We need to recruit several guys that play like Sergio before the stairway incident.  A four star from Miss will do.   Marcus Dupree might put in a good word.  He would have been a horn, but for OU assholiness.  

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Something seems off about a top 100 prospect with just nine offers. Yes, I know offers are self-reported, but if he's listing the likes of UAB, Marshall, and UTSA, I don't think he's been selective in what he's reported.

Then there's the fact that he's an Ole Miss commit, and the majority of his offers are SEC schools...

OU took a look at him and even they didn’t offer.  I’m thinking his transcript might not look so good.  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just went ahead and negged your posts for fomenting a discussion and then bawling about it. 

Mehringer merits little no defense and no benefit of the doubt at this point. Just every person who questions, defends or pleads for his benefit of the doubt can go fuck off and choke on their own vomit. 

Your such a little bitch.

4 hours ago, T-dog said:

could you please explain what that word is supposed to mean?

German for "middle pain," mittelschmerz occurs midway through a menstrual cycle or about 14 days after a womans' period ends. The pain can be dull and cramp-like or sharp and sudden and is usually accompanied by vaginal discharge and bleeding. Often a PMS-like attitude accompanies mittelschmerz.

So since we are approaching the midpoint of the dead period and this board attitude sucks and certain people are rehashing old-ass arguments that everyone else had completely forgotten, it seems to me like it must be recruiting mittelschmerz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Which is Mehringer so disliked by players?  Is he so obviously in over his head that 18 and 19 year olds can tell?  Is he a colossal douche on a personal level? 
A little from column A and B?

He is tasked with under cooking the eggs. Not his fault that he is hated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

Mehringer sucks, but RHM sounds like he's got some shit he needs to work through.

I can’t blame RHM.  If I were getting yelled at by a hipster/shark fin mofo I’d yell right back.  I mean Mehringer probably is the one taking all of EJs Starbucks bull shit photos everyone bitches about.    I know not everyone can look like gunnery sergeant Hartman but how ridiculous would that character been with a shark in and hipster beard.  Orlando’s got it figured out with the mean mug.  That shit works when your yelling at primadonna entitled teenage football players.

Fuck Mehringer he’s dead weight.  A good coach adjusts his style so his atheletes get what they need and stay motivated.  By all accounts the receiver group underperformed.  He gets no quarter in my book.  Giles at least turned a DL no one feared to respectable.  Maybe Giles just needs to be in the NFL game no recruiting needed there.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

I can’t blame RHM.  If I were getting yelled at by a hipster/shark fin mofo I’d yell right back.  I mean Mehringer probably is the one taking all of EJs Starbucks bull shit photos everyone bitches about.    I know not everyone can look like gunnery sergeant Hartman but how ridiculous would that character been with a shark in and hipster beard.  Orlando’s got it figured out with the mean mug.  That shit works when your yelling at primadonna entitled teenage football players.

Fuck Mehringer he’s dead weight.  A good coach adjusts his style so his atheletes get what they need and stay motivated.  By all accounts the receiver group underperformed.  He gets no quarter in my book.  Giles at least turned a DL no one feared to respectable.  Maybe Giles just needs to be in the NFL game no recruiting needed there.

Your post implies EJ has coaching staff contacts, and thats the most absurd and unbelievable thing ive read on this fucking thread.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

It was questionable that RHM would have even been eligible this season. The starting slot receiver at UT leaves with multiple years left to play and can’t even get in at a diploma mill school like LSU or Western Michigan and has to go JUCO? Mehringer may suck and be a bad fit, but RHM is just a dumbass.

Edited by Vertigo

1 minute ago, coachkiss said:

This has all become so tiresome. If you repeat something enough, it becomes true. If you can get other people to believe and repeat it, even better. So many things are repeated ad nauseum on this board, and if you disagree, you get insulted by 50 cent words. And, to top it off, there is no way to prove the parrots are wrong.

This board has become a superfund site.

Should I be wearing a hazmat suit?

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Your post implies EJ has coaching staff contacts, and thats the most absurd and unbelievable thing ive read on this fucking thread.

Not only that, when I was growing up, I was taught not to talk back to elders. Sure, Mehringer may be a dick but either deal with it or leave. Yelling back is a sure way to get in the doghouse and is totally counterproductive to the goal of playing more and playing better. In other words, no matter how much Mehringer sucks, there is no doubt RHM is a dumbass.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, coachkiss said:

This has all become so tiresome. If you repeat something enough, it becomes true. If you can get other people to believe and repeat it, even better. So many things are repeated ad nauseum on this board, and if you disagree, you get insulted by 50 cent words. And, to top it off, there is no way to prove the parrots are wrong.

This board has become a superfund site.

Well, we are in the middle of a monthlong dead period so I'm surprised we haven't seen human sacrifice by now.   

Wiltfong article on Jalen Catalon: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Touted-prospect-Jalen-Catalon-is-a-high-achiever-a-football-and-baseball-recruit-keeping-his-options-open-119636206/

One of the more interesting prospects at this year’s The Opening Finals was Jalen Catalon from nearby Mansfield (Texas) Legacy.

A Division-I recruit on the gridiron and diamond, the 5-foot-9, 180-pound Catalon is a two-way standout on Friday nights excelling under center and in the secondary. He’s a game-changer with the ball in his hands and as he showed a few times competing against the nation’s best this past week, he is rangy, smart and a playmaker as a defensive back as well, where he is coveted by some of college football's best programs.

Ranked by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as the nation’s No. 11 safety, Catalon creates success in every environment but is at his best in pads where his physical style of play is evident on film.

Catalon isn’t going to blow anyone away with his size, but college recruiters are impressed with everything else from the instincts to the multi-sport stardom to the intangible leadership traits.

“Relationship wise I have a good relationship with TCU, of course Texas, Arkansas I keep a good relationship with, I text them quite a bit and I’d have to say another school is (Oklahoma) as well,” Catalon said. “They keep up with me quite a bit. Those are the ones I probably have the best relationships with as far as coaches.”

As a junior, Catalon racked up 101 tackles, picked off three passes, forced four fumbles, recovered four more and on offense added 1,145 yards passing and 15 touchdowns with another 1,031 yards rushing and 13 more scores. He ran a punt back for a score and is no question one of the best high school football players in the Lone Star State. He racked up 196 tackles, nine interceptions and three fumbles as a sophomore.

Catalon describes himself as a “football player at heart” but he’s keeping his options open with baseball. He’s definitely intrigued by playing both on the next level.

“Centerfield helped me out with playing safety,” Catalon said. “Reading the ball well and make a play, moving my hips.”

Regarding his recruitment, Catalon says it’s anyone’s game. Arkansas is the only official visit scheduled, for the Alabama game the weekend of Oct. 6. Chad Morris is leading the charge in this recruitment.

“I really like him,” Catalon said of the Arkansas head coach who’s sister works at Mansfield Legacy. “I really like the way he coaches. Ever since he was at SMU that relationship built and carried over to Arkansas.”

There isn’t a prospect higher on the Razorbacks board, and the baseball team advancing to the College World Series and National Championship Series has made an impression on Catalon as well.

“I like them a lot just because of the way they recruit,” Catalon said. “I see great things happening there. I heard it’s a great atmosphere and great place. I can see that for the baseball team as well. Just the opportunity to do both gives me that kind of excitement saying I can do both at Arkansas. I see good things happening for them down the road. I’m just going to keep my eye on them and see if it’s a school I want to be at.”

Catalon took recent visits to TCU and Alabama.

“Alabama, that was cool, I liked it up there,” he said.

“Alabama that’s big time. That’s one of the biggest programs around. It’s a powerhouse. I feel like going there, competition is something every athlete needs to go through. Where you go you’re going to face it. Really I don’t look at the roster. I just look at the school, does it fit me. football is going to be there. There’s going to be a safety there that looks like you and was recruited like you. It’s going to be no different. Any school I go to no matter where, if the school fits me as a person I’m going to go there.”

Catalon sees a fit at TCU.

“I went up there and kind of reconnected with the coaches,” Catalon said.

“It’s close to home. I love the coaches there. Coach (Zarnell) Fitch, Coach (Paul) Gonzales, Coach (Gary) Patterson, they keep it real with me. They let me know how things are going to be, what they have planned for me. They keep a close relationship with my family and make sure my family is doing well and everything is good with them. The fact they talk more with my family than me sometimes shows how much they care about family.”

Texas is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Catalon.

“The opportunity to do both, especially at a prestigious school like Texas,” Catalon said. “Also for the fact Coach (Tom) Herman he texts me a lot to see how everything is going and how my family is. He just keeps up with me. That’s how you know they’re interested, when a head coach keeps up with you like that. Of course Coach (Craig) Naivar the safeties coach, he’s on me and makes sure everything is going good, asks me questions how my life is going and keeps in touch with me on a daily basis. That’s something I appreciate from him and I like the way he recruits. Texas the atmosphere and city is nice. I really like it. I’m going to keep my eye on it and see how things look down the road.”

Catalon looks forward to continuing his relationship with the Sooners as well.

“OU was one of the first schools to offer me,” Catalon said. “They’ve kept that connection since. Lincoln Riley is a great dude, great head coach and you can see why. He really cares about family first and the football comes. He just dominates on offense, it shows and defense I think it’s going to improve. I like Coach (Mike) Stoops and Coach (Kerry) Cooks and what they have too. They have some big-time recruits in that 18 class and the 19 class is nice as well.”