Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I feel like getting kicked off your high school team is a bad, but I'll wait to form any judgments until the $9.95 sites have weighed in. 

Yeah, for me would be the tipping point given his Junior HUDL film which is basically filled with him getting flagged for bonehead plays. He's very raw, hoping a couple years under Hand would have him ready to go.

SIAP: Bru McCoy's mom enjoyed herself:

Spoiler

“The visit was incredible,” said McCoy’s mother, Shelby. “They really made a huge impression on me. I truly was amazed at all they did to make our weekend special. The game atmosphere was like nothing we have ever experienced.”

Winning over mom is a huge plus in any recruitment.

Tom Herman and the rest of the Texas staff made sure to roll out the red carpet for Shelby as well as McCoy's father, Horace, throughout the duration of their stay in Austin.

“I really loved getting to know all the coaches and football staff,” Shelby said. “They truly made us feel like part of their family. They made me extremely comfortable and totally confident in them if I were to send my son there. The future at Texas is extremely bright.”

As mentioned, USC has been pegged as the most likely landing destination for McCoy and his family. Mater Dei isn’t too far away from the USC campus, and McCoy grew up a fan of the Trojans.

Texas, however, gave him a lot to think about, and it’s clear the Longhorns are making their mark recruiting the state of California, landing national recruits like Chris Adimora and De’Gabriel Floyd, who is very close to McCoy.

Shelby added that she is very open to McCoy leaving the state to play his college ball.

“I love that Coach Herman recruits great talent no matter where they are from,” she said. “As a mom, I’m very open to letting Bru go where ever he feels is the best fit — no matter where it is.”

So where exactly does Texas stand after the visit?

“Texas stands at the top of his choices,” Shelby said. “What stands out the most is that Texas is the complete package — great school, remarkable football staff, phenomenal fans and fantastic city. What is there not to love?”

McCoy is slated to visit Washington next. He is looking to make a decision late in the season or at the All-American game on Jan. 5.

At 6-foot-2, 212 pounds, McCoy is ranked as the No. 1 athlete and No. 17 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Hide contents

“The visit was incredible,” said McCoy’s mother, Shelby. “They really made a huge impression on me. I truly was amazed at all they did to make our weekend special. The game atmosphere was like nothing we have ever experienced.”

Tom Herman and the rest of the Texas staff made sure to roll out the red carpet for Shelby as well as McCoy's father, Horace, throughout the duration of their stay in Austin.

“I really loved getting to know all the coaches and football staff,” Shelby said. “They truly made us feel like part of their family. They made me extremely comfortable and totally confident in them if I were to send my son there. The future at Texas is extremely bright.”

As mentioned, USC has been pegged as the most likely landing destination for McCoy and his family. Mater Dei isn’t too far away from the USC campus, and McCoy grew up a fan of the Trojans.

Texas, however, gave him a lot to think about, and it’s clear the Longhorns are making their mark recruiting the state of California, landing national recruits like Chris Adimora and De’Gabriel Floyd, who is very close to McCoy.

Shelby added that she is very open to McCoy leaving the state to play his college ball.

“I love that Coach Herman recruits great talent no matter where they are from,” she said. “As a mom, I’m very open to letting Bru go where ever he feels is the best fit — no matter where it is.”

“Texas stands at the top of his choices,” Shelby said. “What stands out the most is that Texas is the complete package — great school, remarkable football staff, phenomenal fans and fantastic city. What is there not to love?”

McCoy is slated to visit Washington next. He is looking to make a decision late in the season or at the All-American game on Jan. 5.

At 6-foot-2, 212 pounds, McCoy is ranked as the No. 1 athlete and No. 17 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

Is it Bru like brew, or like bruh? I'm sure it's the former, but you never know.

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can verify that indeed she did.

• Like 1

E.J. Holland: Texas wows parents of top recruits with 'family atmosphere'

Texas made big impressions on several national recruits this weekend as it took down USC in dominant fashion. But it wasn’t all about the prospects. The Longhorns have been genuine in their ‘family’ approach to recruiting under head coach Tom Herman. And the staff made sure that parents felt right at home on the Forty Acres. “As a family, we had an amazing time at UT this weekend,” said Virgil Jones, father of four-star Cibolo Steele defensive back Jaylon Jones. “We were greeted by Derrick Chang and the rest of the staff, and they treated us like family. We later met up with Coach (Jason) Washington in the lounge. He extended the UT hospitality as always. Jason is an incredible guy. He’s like that father figure that you want your son around in your absence.”

Shelby McCoy, mother of five-star athlete Bru McCoy, flew in from California and was equally as impressed with the Texas hospitality. “The visit was incredible,” Shelby said. “They really made a huge impression on me. I truly was amazed at all they did to make our weekend special. The game atmosphere was like nothing we have ever experienced.” Herman made it a point to hire a strong support staff led by the aforementioned Derek Chang and Bryan Carrington. Both have been instrumental in helping Texas host some of the best unofficial and official visits in the country.

The Longhorns have also ramped up their overall game day efforts, which caught the attention of parents like Cindy Card, mother of Texas quarterback commit Hudson Card. “Doug (Hudson's father) and I really enjoyed the energy and excitement of the game,” Cindy said. “We thought the music they played and the changes that they’ve made before the game is just awesome. It’s like a small town feel with the athletes coming out enjoying the crowd, all the nice food trucks, and Bevo. It’s a really nice family atmosphere for all to enjoy. I’m extremely happy for the coaching staff and the players for achieving this win.”

Texas fans also made a lasting impact on parents. Tyler Owens, father of key 2019 safety target Tyler Owens, made sure to highlight the fact that UT set a new attendance record over the weekend (103,507) “The University of Texas' atmosphere was truly special,” he said. “Witnessing over 100,000 fanatics unifying to inspire a team to greatness, was truly awesome. The unequaled degree of intensity and passion displayed by the fans compels visitors to become family.”

James Smith, father of Texas wide receiver commit Jake Smith, added that the atmosphere was ‘unbelievable,’ while George Higgins, father of four-star wide receiver Elijah Higgins, said ‘the 103,000 fans were crazy electric.’ Overall, Texas has invested plenty of time and resources to making game day an unforgettable experience for both prospects and parents. And the family first attitude is certainly paying off in a big way on the recruiting trail.

We do not want to lose Houston, kid is very good. Has plus speed, good hands and is very tough. He is not a prima donna WR. Washington would be the biggest project of your group.

After watching Higgins for 2 years I question if he has the mental toughness it takes. He does not play to his size/frame. If he does start playing with a chip on his shoulder he would kill it from the slot here.

• Like 1

We need a lot to happen for us to land either of them, let alone both.  USC will tank this season, but Bru has said that this season results won't affect his decision.  Dude's best friend is JT Daniels.  I'd put it at 5% chance we land him.  If we win the Big 12 and USC tanks, then maybe 20%.
Actually feel better about Sanders.  Bama is loaded with RBs.  If we can show we run the ball and win 9 games, I think we can pull it off.  Just need to sell to him that it's better in his interest to start here day 1 than to ride the pine behind all of Bama's 5 star RBs.  Take him out to 6th and the lake and show him he'd be a celebrity here in Austin living the life... and then match the money bag bama has sent his dad.  Still a long shot. 
9.95ers are just looking for clicks with these posts.
If USC tanking means we land McCoy (not sure it does) then I'm all for it. Otherwise it just makes our biggest win of past two seasons look not so big..

19 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck you, aggy. You're a piece of shit from a piece of shit school. There's no question about that.

Fuck you bitch! Eat a fucking dick! I’m not an Aggy, I’ve never even been to College Station. Be thankful there is a keyboard between us cause I guarantee you wouldn’t have that same energy in person, Tex Pussy

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 39