Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:
Yeah, I’m the problem here.  

Well considering your argument is essentially that East Berlin wasn't in the same area of Germany as West Berlin, yeah, you're a big part of it.

You know who I always wanted to nail? Katarina Witt.  She looked like one of those East Germans who would be freak nasty in bed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Gentry went to my high school. I was sad when it didn't work simply because of the Eldorado ties. But with the luck we had at qb, he was destined to not succeed. 

I'm pretty sure Shawn Watson would've turned him into an All American QB and first round draft pick. Bad career decision on his part. 

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2018 at 4:52 PM, closetojumping said:

I'm interested to see if they are attempting to redshirt Okafor in order to pick up some separation between some guys. I don't think he's played so far this year, and he was obviously expected to do so

you are right per Joe Cook's participation tracker, Okafor is a DNP for the first 3 games

other non-freshmen who have 3 DNPs: John Burt, Shane Buchele, Toneil Carter, Josh Rowland

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/09/open-post-weekend-september-21st-23rd/

***Checked in with 2019 DL, Rodas Johnson (Columbus, OH). Johnson, as you’ll recall is a 4-star defensive lineman who took an unofficial visit to Texas this past weekend while he was in the area visiting family. He’s originally from TX but moved to Ohio when he was around 10 years old.

Johnson said he is planning an official visit for the end of the season. So, he’s still in the mix but said he will, “have more details around that time”.

***I know some of you have ask me to check on some new 2019 offensive linemen names. I did just that and was told that the staff is going to wait till the coaches can get more senior film on some guys to do additional evaluation. In other words, it doesn’t sound like they’ve got any super solid targets at the moment. Fortunately, they have two talented guys in the fold.

***On that note, I’m told that despite Javonne Shepherd no longer being on his high school team (though I suspect it will get remedied), Texas doesn’t have any intentions of dropping him. Don’t sense they have that luxury right now, anyway.

***I’m set to speak with Texas WR target, Elijah Higgins this week. I can tell you that Texas is very much back in this one.

***Interesting note here, I was told that LSU LB commit (and the best LB I’ve seen in this class), Marcel Brooks had actually wanted to make it down last weekend for the USC game. Like Lewis Cine and Dwight McGlothern though, he wasn’t able to secure a ride down to Austin. But I found it interesting that he still has his eye on Texas.

***Texas has offered 2020 local defensive lineman, Princely Umanmielen (Manor).

Princely has been on campus, multiple times. I will say that offering him now was becoming more and more necessary as the Sooners have been surging in this one.

Two New Visitors for Texas-TCU
– Andrew King

– One Texas commit that didn’t make it to Austin last weekend was Port Neches-Groves (TX) QB Roschon Johnson due to a game on Saturday. Good news is that he’ll be in Austin this weekend.

– Even better news for Texas is that his teammate, 2020 OT Jaylen Garth will join him on the trip. Garth is a top OT target for Texas in the 2020 class and schools like Ohio State, Alabama, and Texas A&M are all in constant contact with him. Texas is in a good spot for him right now. Having Johnson committed only helps their cause, as the two are very close.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

So to sum up the last 5 pages: Nothing has really changed from a recruiting standpoint since the USC win except Brown committing, and Baltimore sucks

It mostly locked in the current and likely commits, aside from Shepherd who's in his own category. A loss could have meant that some guys started to waiver in their commitment, especially without a win against TCU or OU to make up for it. 

Just now, Fud said:

It mostly locked in the current and likely commits, aside from Shepherd who's in his own category. A loss could have meant that some guys started to waiver in their commitment, especially without a win against TCU or OU to make up for it. 

I'd say it also helped us get a real foot in the door with some players, such as Bru and Sanders (unlikely as they may be), and made a huge positive impact for our Pacific and Mountain time zone recruiting effforts.

"Interesting note here, I was told that LSU LB commit (and the best LB I’ve seen in this class), Marcel Brooks had actually wanted to make it down last weekend for the USC game."

Aka the staff responded with the link to the public tickets page and gave the APD a heads up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I'd say it also helped us get a real foot in the door with some players, such as Bru and Sanders (unlikely as they may be), and made a huge positive impact for our Pacific and Mountain time zone recruiting effforts.

It's a required step for guys like Bru and Sanders and some other potential elites down the road, but we probably need to also at least beat one of TCU or OU to really move the needle; otherwise, it's probably not enough at the end of the day 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Seems like it helped with a lot of 2020 guys like Broughton, Dorbah, Jaylon Jones, Logan Parr, and maybe a couple others 

34 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/09/open-post-weekend-september-21st-23rd/

Hide contents

***Checked in with 2019 DL, Rodas Johnson (Columbus, OH). Johnson, as you’ll recall is a 4-star defensive lineman who took an unofficial visit to Texas this past weekend while he was in the area visiting family. He’s originally from TX but moved to Ohio when he was around 10 years old.

Johnson said he is planning an official visit for the end of the season. So, he’s still in the mix but said he will, “have more details around that time”.

***I know some of you have ask me to check on some new 2019 offensive linemen names. I did just that and was told that the staff is going to wait till the coaches can get more senior film on some guys to do additional evaluation. In other words, it doesn’t sound like they’ve got any super solid targets at the moment. Fortunately, they have two talented guys in the fold.

***On that note, I’m told that despite Javonne Shepherd no longer being on his high school team (though I suspect it will get remedied), Texas doesn’t have any intentions of dropping him. Don’t sense they have that luxury right now, anyway.

***I’m set to speak with Texas WR target, Elijah Higgins this week. I can tell you that Texas is very much back in this one.

***Interesting note here, I was told that LSU LB commit (and the best LB I’ve seen in this class), Marcel Brooks had actually wanted to make it down last weekend for the USC game. Like Lewis Cine and Dwight McGlothern though, he wasn’t able to secure a ride down to Austin. But I found it interesting that he still has his eye on Texas.

***Texas has offered 2020 local defensive lineman, Princely Umanmielen (Manor).

Princely has been on campus, multiple times. I will say that offering him now was becoming more and more necessary as the Sooners have been surging in this one.

Two New Visitors for Texas-TCU
– Andrew King

– One Texas commit that didn’t make it to Austin last weekend was Port Neches-Groves (TX) QB Roschon Johnson due to a game on Saturday. Good news is that he’ll be in Austin this weekend.

– Even better news for Texas is that his teammate, 2020 OT Jaylen Garth will join him on the trip. Garth is a top OT target for Texas in the 2020 class and schools like Ohio State, Alabama, and Texas A&M are all in constant contact with him. Texas is in a good spot for him right now. Having Johnson committed only helps their cause, as the two are very close.

The Brooks stuff is such fucking trash. They have to know that when they write it out, too. I like the TFB guys well enough, I guess, but reporting on shit like that gives evidence that they're not demonstrably different from being clickpumpers just like the rest of the $9.95ers. Or shills for street agents.

Brooks can "have his eye on Texas" all he wants, but that car ride is going to continue to be oh-so-close without actually happening, dadgummit. I just hope he doesn't decide to carjack someone, rape the victim, and then show up on campus asking "where the party at?" any time before he gets a chance to do that in Baton Rouge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Brooks stuff is such fucking trash. They have to know that when they write it out, too. I like the TFB guys well enough, I guess, but reporting on shit like that gives evidence that they're not demonstrably different from being clickpumpers just like the rest of the $9.95ers. Or shills for street agents.

Brooks can "have his eye on Texas" all he wants, but that car ride is going to continue to be oh-so-close without actually happening, dadgummit. I just hope he doesn't decide to carjack someone, rape the victim, and then show up on campus asking "where the party at?" any time before he gets a chance to do that in Baton Rouge.

lsu-girl-goes-hard-during-game-against-g

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

nothing to add but the already enjoyable ctj is so much more entertaining after meeting him and SC (and their crew) at my tailgate... 

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That girl is 20 red flags rolled into one and I still would without a second thought.

I'm so glad to see that again. That woman fascinates, scares, and arouses me in so many ways.  If I were age appropriate, I'd volunteer for the adventure and stay with it as long as I could.

• Like 3