Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

TFB on Caleb Johnson:

Going into this weekend’s official visit, Texas appears to be the team to beat. However, Caleb mentioned that he’s begun receiving some heavy interest from a particular West Coast school that he grew up rooting for. He asked me not to report the name of the school until an offer is official.

Going into this weekend’s official visit, Texas appears to be the team to beat. However, Caleb mentioned that he’s begun receiving some heavy interest from a particular West Coast school that he grew up rooting for. He asked me not to report the name of the school until an offer is official.

It's Stanford, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I didn't see many 5* plays; hardly any plays where he drives his guys back into the backfield or even causes TFL disruption with freakish quick or powerful moves, mostly just standing up and then making a play either down the line or for a couple of yards gained, which while fine, isn't what you expect to see on a presumed 5*'s highlights of his best plays of the year. His disruption plays are all schemed where he runs to an open hole to get to the backfield. 

I will say that my favorite part of his game from being able to catch a couple of full games last year was his motor, which runs really hot for a big guy in high school, but that won't show up on a hudl. 

To me, he was on pace to be a future 5* coming out by appears to have plateaued his senior year, and while still an easy take for Texas and probably a top ten prospect in the state, he doesn't look like a 5* based on that hudl and him being a top ten guy in the state might have more to do with how weak this class is. 

We could see three 4i prospects in 2020 better than him

Agree, his motor is great and his instincts look great. I don't see him as an immediate impact guy, but a guy that after a red shirt year could contribute meaningfully and then possible high level for remaining years. Definite take though for sure

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Look under BAMA for Waddle

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24940950/best-true-freshman-top-25-team

If Purdue was Top 25, Rondale Moore would be on this list.....

Caden on the List for TEXAS🤘

That is a joke of a list. 

Rondale Moore is the best freshman offensive player in the country and he does not crack their top 25. 

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Really?  Would the staff take Washington, Lewis, and Higgins?

I would think Lewis and Higgins are both X's, while Washington is a Z. Higgins could also play the slot as Humphrey does, but Smith is about to put that position on lock.

Edited by HtownHorn

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Higgins according to IT. Allegedly.

Not sure I'd throw that out there. IT just said things look better with Higgins than they did a few weeks ago. I didn't interpret it the way you did at all. Pump the brakes.

RENDING UP 

Elijah Higgins. The local big-time playmaker from Austin Bowie has been somewhat of a roller-coaster during the last 10 months since his breakout at the Army All-American Combine last December. Add his dominating performance at The Opening in late June (with an injured wrist) and his stock remained on an upward trend. Stanford, Florida, Ohio State all jumped into the mix along with the hometown Horns. It seems each team had at least a small lead at some point. 

With word he was reapplying to the Palo Alto Trees, Stanford seemed like the preferred destination. Then something happened; Texas started having a passing attack. Lil' Jordan Humphrey's and Collin Johnson's consistent success caught his attention. 

He's set to receive his Under Armour jersey tomorrow at his school. He's also looking at an official visit to Texas for the West Virginia game (weekend of 11/2). There is still a lot to navigate, but I could see Texas taking Marcus Washington and Higgins, and wrapping up wide receiver recruiting. That's not set in stone, but UT is in much better shape than just a few weeks ago.

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Anybody else think Sweat's Sr. highlights so far look better than Leal's?  Having said that, I'd still take Leal in a heartbeat.

Sweat has an amazing motor and has the same ceiling as Leal, he is just a lot more raw than Leal and will take some coaching where as I bet money that leal is starting next year for aggy.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not sure I'd throw that out there. IT just said things look better with Higgins than they did a few weeks ago. I didn't interpret it the way you did at all. Pump the brakes.

Higgins and Wilson are the local/semi local prospects this year that had every chance to commit here but didn’t. But will still have clickbait blurbs written once every few weeks about how it’s still a possibility. 

They’re JK Dobbins. I’m just waiting to hear about a gf that’s going to Ut that might factor in. 

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well shit. Way to rain on my parade. When you click on that paywall link it actually has Kennedy Lewis' name in it so that probably would have been a good indicator of who they were talking about. 

Edited by Newy25

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

Today? 

What Casual Encounter said. Apparently dipshit figured out there's more than one board on this website and stumbled in here earlier this week, high off the smell of his own farts, armed with the shield of his own ignorance and stupidity, and has dug in like a tick and refuses to leave. So bully for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

What Casual Encounter said. Apparently dipshit figured out there's more than one board on this website and stumbled in here earlier this week, high off the smell of his own farts, armed with the shield of his own ignorance and stupidity, and has dug in like a tick and refuses to leave. So bully for us. 

Okay so... definitely Taylor Hamm, then.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

OMG

we’ve reached peak aggy folks

16 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

So this is how the recruiting board is going to be today with you acting like a retard?

11 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Today? 

Acting?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

So this is how the recruiting board is going to be today with you acting like a retard?

I’m a retard????

Multiple people on this thread today have stated that one of our lowest ranked recruits is on the same level as DeMarvin Leal. The same Leal who was our number one overall recruiting target and likely the number one player in the state? We’re comparing Sweat aka Bread to Leal???? And I’m the retard???? Fuck that shit.

Its funny how much of a 180 this board has done since the Maryland loss. After week 1 it was All this woe is me, aggy is taking over the state, etc. I was the ONLY person in here calling you guys massive vaginas for overreacting. And I was right.

Now you guys have flipped on a dime, talking like your shit don’t stink. Comparing Sweat, aka Bread, to the bluest of bluechips DeMarvin Leal. We used to make fun of aggy for doing shit like that.

i won’t stand for it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 26

1 minute ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m a retard????

Multiple people on this thread today have stated that one of our lowest ranked recruits is on the same level as DeMarvin Leal. The same Leal who was our number one overall recruiting target and likely the number one player in the state? We’re comparing Sweat aka Bread to Leal???? And I’m the retard???? Fuck that shit.

Its funny how much of a 180 this board has done since the Maryland loss. After week 1 it was All this woe is me, aggy is taking over the state, etc. I was the ONLY person in here calling you guys massive vaginas for overreacting. And I was right.

Now you guys have flipped on a dime, talking like your shit don’t stink. Comparing Sweat, aka Bread, to the bluest of bluechips DeMarvin Leal. We used to make fun of aggy for doing shit like that.

i won’t stand for it.

Of course you won’t... standing to piss is ill-advised for those without a dick.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m a retard????

i won’t stand for it.

Well then sit down you pussy bitch.  Not one person has said same level that I’ve seen.  “Leal’s senior tape is meh for a 5star” “Sweat’s senior tape looks a little better than Leal’s” does not equal “same level”.  Simple observation.  Also no one is saying that they wouldn’t take Leal.  This all started because they said his HUDL so far this season is very meh (which it is).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m a retard????

i won’t stand for it.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m a retard????

i won’t stand for it.

Good god you are fucking insufferable. Everybody on this board realizes how big of a miss Leal was but, he isn't coming to Texas so there is no point standing around crying about it. The staff has shown a great skill in finding low rated high potential prospects to replace guys we missed out on. We saw that last year when we lost waddle and Herman and the staff found Moore who was a low level 3* that nobody was recruiting and he turned out to be a stud. So if you want to be like EJ and the way he was about waddle and do nothing but rub sand in your pussy fine but nobody on this board wants to hear it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Look under BAMA for Waddle

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24940950/best-true-freshman-top-25-team

If Purdue was Top 25, Rondale Moore would be on this list.....

Caden on the List for TEXAS🤘

This makes no sense. I don't see Vernon Jackson there at RB for the Texum aggys. Must be an oversight  /aggy

10 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m a retard????

i won’t stand for it. 

Your schtick works way better on the football board.  There are actual literates on this board, and it's a real problem for you.

6 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

Those highlights are kinda meh....

he is not particularly quick off the ball nor is he all that strong at the point of attack. I know we want him badly but i am less impressed with his senior highlights than when i watched him last year. 

Wow.

I feel like the whole board is trolling right now.

• Fuck You 19

6 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

The same Leal who was our number one overall recruiting target and likely the number one player in the state? We’re comparing Sweat aka Bread to Leal??

Look, I'm not going to get into whatever this Jets vs. Sharks shit you've got here ... 

But there's bread (Aggy DT Ellison) and there's guys that are clearly under-rated because they go to a small school and don't have trainers, spurned OU (Rivals rankings) and don't go to camps but you are fucked if you think T'Vondre Sweat is bread. Fucked. You are also fucked if you think Leal is number 1 in the state. He, like a lot of this class, looked like he'd be the next great thing but instead he looks a lot more like Aggy commit from last cycle Bobby Brown. Actually Leal's film is less impressive, while his physical skill set more, so it's a wash.  He's a damn good football player, I'd take him in a heartbeat but he's not a #1 player in the state. At all. And the distance between he and Sweat is FAR closer than you appear to understand.