Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

Is Daimarqua Foster even on our radar as a late offer?

This kid is good.  He’s played against the school i work for a few times over the last few years.  His numbers are down this year from last because the guys he plays with aren’t as good (plus the starting QB has missed multiple games). 

On the flipside, he’s a smaller back.  He can’t be any bigger than 5’8-5’9.  I would imagine TCU is planning on using him like they did Turpin.  I don’t know if he’ll ever be an every down back because of his size. 

37 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

And no recruit is worth it. This unbalanced view of thinking schools should do whatever it takes to get a signature from a five star comes only from the minds of recruiting obsessed fans.

What about Vince Young, you ask.

We didn't know he was the Vince Young to be until he was on campus a few years. What about Trey Allen or Garret Gilbert? You don't know what you're going to get until they're here.  Even if they're great, they might get hurt. Too many variables.

Wise men say Only fools rush in and  turn their program upside down for a recruit.

d4e14be446d3ce8b46a4fea9a1aaa063.gif

9 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

This kid is good.  He’s played against the school i work for a few times over the last few years.  His numbers are down this year from last because the guys he plays with aren’t as good (plus the starting QB has missed multiple games). 

On the flipside, he’s a smaller back.  He can’t be any bigger than 5’8-5’9.  I would imagine TCU is planning on using him like they did Turpin.  I don’t know if he’ll ever be an every down back because of his size. 

I've seen him a bunch as well.  I would say he is bigger than what you mention but not by much.  He's a damn good back that I wish Texas would pursue.  He is the exact kind of under the radar undersized player that TCU, Tech and OU utilize very successfully against us.

16 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

He's nothing like Turpin 

3 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I've seen him a bunch as well.  I would say he is bigger than what you mention but not by much.  He's a damn good back that I wish Texas would pursue.  He is the exact kind of under the radar undersized player that TCU, Tech and OU utilize very successfully against us. 

In 2020, we are recruiting a more athletic, more Rondale Moore-like player, Mookie Cooper. He is 5-7, 160-pounds.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

shit.  you don't think i know that?

It bothers me as well. There are times where I actually start questioning my view on a poster if I typically like their stuff and then see that. When I used to post as an absurd hillbilly on Hornfans under the handle "dibollhorn" in order to mock a couple of clowns like bullardhorn and huckleberry on that board, I'd interchange "dominanting" and "dominate" in exactly the wrong spots in posts and pathetically found great entertainment in it. Lose/loose misuse bothers me almost as much, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, irishtexan said:

At the end of the day, Daniels is their Garret Gilbert. Decorated QB from a powerhouse program in their own backyard who was viewed as next in line to replace previous standout college QB only to suck ass and set the program back a decade.

I kind of wanted to say the same thing, but you're 100% correct. He's shown little improvement, and it's not like he doesn't have weapons. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It bothers me as well. There are times where I actually start questioning my view on a poster if I typically like their stuff and then see that. When I used to post as an absurd hillbilly on Hornfans under the handle "dibollhorn" in order to mock a couple of clowns like bullardhorn and huckleberry on that board, I'd interchange "dominanting" and "dominate" in exactly the wrong spots in posts and pathetically found great entertainment in it. Lose/loose misuse bothers me almost as much, for whatever reason.

lose/loose is worse.  that's kindergarten nonsense.  dominate/dominant is 3rd grade bullshit.

after my post, a fellow surl texted me about how it bothered him too.  then i had to mention my new favorite - fewer/less.  as i told him, i've witnessed so much confusion about which of these to use (or so much incorrect usage i should say) that i actually researched to see if the rule had changed.  it has not changed.  mostly i hear it during baseball/football broadcasts.  triggered every time.

further and farther is another, but sometimes those rules can be confusing i guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s because you’re a closet sociopath.  Nttawwt.  

24 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

first poona now charles o wins dlineman of the year in the big 12. oscar has a lot to sell.

He'll get to it right after he finishes the new season of the Great British Bake-Off. He's heard that new Sabrina reboot is pretty good, too, but he'll free up a Sunday morning after church to call some kids if Herman asks nicely.

• Like 1