Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

And FWIW (not much), Jordan Moore is better depth than Donovan Duvernay is. Still wouldn't give him a scholarship.

Having two low ceiling secondary guys on scholarship in the B12 is inexcusable when we play 6 at a time. Those guys will inevitably find themselves on the field at some point like Duvernay did this season. I would rather see a green highly ranked freshman out there than a 5th year senior getting his first snaps in a critical situation.

• Like 4

Any chance Moore informed coaches he was looking to transfer and that’s why he didn’t play after his 4th game?

He participated in 4 of their first 5 games - and then didn’t see the field again for the rest of the season. Seems strange considering the issues they were having in the defensive backfield.

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

Defend this,  it is utter horseshit.  Donovan Duvernay... maybe.  Montrell Estell?  Not if he were healthy.  Nobody else.  Unless you want to compare him to walk-ons, which is the only way I would take him.

Being as we’ve never seen him or any of the others play, you have to defer to the recruiting rankings and he was rated higher than anyone except the starters...so yes, guys like Estell, Duvernay, Brown, etc. 

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Any chance Moore informed coaches he was looking to transfer and that’s why he didn’t play after his 4th game?

He participated in 4 of their first 5 games - and then didn’t see the field again for the rest of the season. Seems strange considering the issues they were having in the defensive backfield.

He was injured. Had surgery I believe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He looks really good in maroon. I hope he signs there. 

nope.  get him in the program and work on him.  if he’s a flake he’ll transfer anyway.  but his upside is huge.  well worth the risk.  

you sound like a sheep fucking aggy cunt

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Being as we’ve never seen him or any of the others play, you have to defer to the recruiting rankings and he was rated higher than anyone except the starters...so yes, guys like Estell, Duvernay, Brown, etc. 

No we don’t. People all over this board said he sucked and was overrated. He ran a 4.8 in high school for god’s sake. He can’t play corner and we’re loaded at safety and have no need for him. 

Also, getting washed out at A&M, who has terrible DBs, is another bad data point beyond his recruiting ranking. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Machinator said:

13.6.7.9 Activities During Official Visit. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized re- cruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/video scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pregame introductions) during an official visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coach’s office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether the items include the prospective student-athlete’s name or picture. (Adopted: 8/5/04, Revised: 5/14/05)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

13.6.7.9 Activities During Official Visit. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized re- cruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/video scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pregame introductions) during an official visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coach’s office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether the items include the prospective student-athlete’s name or picture. (Adopted: 8/5/04, Revised: 5/14/05)

How is this any different than what we do with recruits? 

I believe the intent of that rule is to not use media and props to make the kid out to be a celebrity figure.  Putting his face on a ticket like card that is not seen by others is probably not the kind of thing they were worried about.  If it was a fat head in the lobby or his name scrolling on the hotel sign then yes.  

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Don't do that

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Washington thinks they're getting Ringo.

Washington can think whatever they want, but Ringo has been pretty adamant that he's a Texas fan due to us being DBU. I would be slightly shocked if he went there. I would think Herman is all over this, and Washington (our DB coach) puts guys in the league, too. It'll be a close battle, but I see us winning out since we now have a foothold in Arizona. 

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Washington has sent more DB's to the NFL than Texas lately, and it's not close.

Indeed. But we also have a coaching staff that's made huge improvements in 2 years. We're on the up and up. Washington is a great school, but they got absolutely worked by Ohio State, and  took down the #2 sec team. It may not mean much to us right now, but it does hold some weight. Hell, even Zack Evans was impressed, and his interviews are generic. We'll just have to see. I have faith in Herman that he can get it done. Admittedly, I didn't even know Ringo was on Washington's radar. Maybe it'll be between us two for his services. I hope we land him. 

Just saw his 247 and it's split between us and Washington 50/50. We have a shot 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

21 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Washington has sent more DB's to the NFL than Texas lately, and it's not close.

if I could neg this post 1,000,000x while simultaneously setting fire to your house and all your possessions while you stood by helplessly I would.

instead I’ll just say that washington can suck a dick, texas is DBU, was DBU, will always be DBU, and I’m disappointed with you. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Washington has had 4 DBs drafted in the last 5 years. Texas has had 3.

Washington’s were 1st/2nd round picks. Texas were late round.

Go back 10 years and it’s 8 to 5 in Texas favor.

Washington has at least two guys who are going 1st/2nd round this draft, too.

• Fuck You 3

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I love the DBU rep as much as anyone but *whispers* if you ask a random national recruit from the past few years, they'll usually say LSU is DBU

UT's well on the path to recovery, though.

DBU is earned over decades, not by a few flashes in the pan from a couple years prior.  and kids these days are fucking dumb anyway, except the ones who come to UT. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I've said it before and will say it again.

I'd take Jordan Moore as a PWO. Let him room with his brother. They can get a phat** pad and he doesn't suck up a scholarship. Maybe he qualifies for some other form of financial aid, so that he's not paying full tuition, but his R&B will be "taken care of" by sharing a house/apartment with his brother.

If there's an open scholarship after attrition, he gets a scholarship for one year. If he earns a scholarship after that, he gets a scholarship for another year, but they should NOT guarantee a scholarship for his the rest of his stay in Austin. (The kid is coming to UT whether he gets a scholarship or not. One semester in College Station has just about killed this kid that bleeds Burnt Orange.)

**Do kids still use "phat" these days?

Bingo, I assume the Moore’s can scrape together tuition for Jordan and let him be a PWO next season (technically his RS Freshmen) which he’ll have to sit out anyway.  I assume he/they want him to play with Josh so this makes it easier on everyone.  Let him know that he has the next available scholarship after next season and it won’t count against the 25 class counter.  If they are willing to take this deal, we’d be stupid not to offer that.  We give out these scholarships to walk ons every year anyways, might as well give one to someone who can contribute on special team, depth, and in practice.

2 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Bingo, I assume the Moore’s can scrape together tuition for Jordan and let him be a PWO next season (technically his RS Freshmen) which he’ll have to sit out anyway.  I assume he/they want him to play with Josh so this makes it easier on everyone.  Let him know that he has the next available scholarship after next season and it won’t count against the 25 class counter.  If they are willing to take this deal, we’d be stupid not to offer that.  We give out these scholarships to walk ons every year anyways, might as well give one to someone who can contribute on special team, depth, and in practice.

Maybe we can get him the "lol, walk-on, sure" deal Mike Williams has at LSU.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Chris Brown is a considerably better than Jordan Moore.  Estell was a four-star who was one of the fastest players in the 2016 class.  Jordan Moore couldn't crack the regular lineup at anti-dbu.

Assuming he’s not a complete dumbass, that could be in response to what aggy is feeding him about them putting OL in the league vs what we’ve done the past 10 years. 

Or he could be a dumbass and is publically saying he’s being paid to take the visit or flip to aggy.