Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

15 minutes ago, victory88 said:

No way Carter stays.  The guy wants to play immediately and bitches when he doesn’t.  Texassports lists Watson as a grad transfer rather than a senior but he has one year to play correct?  Kirk Johnson is listed as a junior but I don’t think anyone including the coaches are counting on him.  Kyle Porter may grad transfer out like someone mentioned since he’s buried in the depth chart.  Tristan Houston should be playing at Texas state.  There is a real possibility that we have Young and Ingram next year with no one else worth shit.  We absolutely need to take 2 decent backs this year.  I’d put bets on Brown and a guy like the LA rb... hollins I think? Unless LSU implodes, don’t see Cain going anywhere else.  His dad lives in Baton Rouge.

His dad lives in New Orleans, I thought. His dad isn't the only influence in his life, either. 

If I had to pick today, I'd say Cain goes to LSU. But I don't have to pick today, and neither do you. The guy has maintained that he's going to carry this up towards the second signing day, has he not? There's a shit ton to happen between now and then, including an entire season of football. If Texas had written him off and wanted two backs, they'd have two backs committed by now. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ousux said:

So the OSU AD has a problem with Gundy's recruiting but you don't..

Got it.

The osu ad is an idiot.  8-10 wins is their ceiling yet him and Pickens think they can be bama. Gundy is a great evaluator of talent bc he has to be.  He knows blue chips will not go to osu.  If we’re forced to resort to back up plans, I have no issue with going after players committed to tcu or osu.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think we should just be thankful that we're even being considered by Cain and Sanders. Even if we don't land either of them, just being in the running is impressive, especially if we can finish second. 

Honestly, if we can just get them in town for official visits that would be a big boon to the local economy. 

• Like 3

I think we should just be thankful that we're even being considered by Cain and Sanders. Even if we don't land either of them, just being in the running is impressive, especially if we can finish second. 
And we can celebrate the wins of the teams that actually land those two like they were our own. I'm onboard with that, WHOOP!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Justice Hill is more talented than any back on our roster brah

Most 3-star backs, including the ones OSU gets, are products of their coaching and OL/playcalling. Occasionally one of them does turn out to be a world-beater (hi Kareem Hunt!), but that's pretty rare. There's a reason most big programs are going after the same small group of players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Most 3-star backs, including the ones OSU gets, are products of their coaching and OL/playcalling. Occasionally one of them does turn out to be a world-beater (hi Kareem Hunt!), but that's pretty rare. There's a reason most big programs are going after the same small group of players.

Solid hattipping of Kareem Hunt. If only Texas recently had a worldbeating, lowly starred TB that annihilated the competition with a subpar coaching staff and OL. 

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We hired his position coach, and it turned out he was clueless as a recruiter 

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Solid hattipping of Kareem Hunt. If only Texas recently had a worldbeating, lowly starred TB that annihilated the competition with a subpar coaching staff and OL. 

My thoughts as soon as a I read the comment.... 2 years ago we had a RB that justice hill couldn’t hold a candle to. Who was also low rated and developed.  What’s this guys point? Down 1 year at RB position and we need to be like Gundy. Oh lawd

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Man, how did I forget? Either way, points to the crapshoot that RB recruiting below the obvious high-end guys is.

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Man, how did I forget? Either way, points to the crapshoot that RB recruiting below the obvious high-end guys is.

Excuse me, sir, but I'll have you know that I had D'onta Foreman pegged as a future 2,000 yard back from the moment they gleefully and aggressively recruited him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Does anyone have the EJ article on Leal? Please tell me we are stealing him based on the USAToday article. 

This will not be the last tease article. But the result will be the same. Leal isn’t coming to Austin. Move on. Unless someone outbids Aggy, he ain’t flipping anywhere 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This will not be the last tease article. But the result will be the same. Leal isn’t coming to Austin. Move on. Unless someone outbids Aggy, he ain’t flipping anywhere 

So $410 cash should do the trick???

• Like 1

The most notable part of the Leal article is he mentions that Texas went 6-4 last year.  Does he know we played 13 and went 7-6? Does he not know that colleges play 12 games minimum? It's such an odd thing to say. 

In order of the Longhorns to put themselves in a better position to flip Leal before the early signing period, they have to produce results on the field. 

"They went what, 6-4?" Leal said. "I just want to see them have a winning season. It's always good to see colleges win." 

4 minutes ago, Skyline said:

The most notable part of the Leal article is he mentions that Texas went 6-4 last year.  Does he know we played 13 and went 7-6? Does he not know that colleges play 12 games minimum? It's such an odd thing to say. 

Because he is blowing smoke up the 9.95 asses. Barring Texas going on an insane playoff run or aggy only winning 2 games and having a NCAA investigation nobody is flipping to the good guys.   

E.J. Holland: Texas working hard on A&M commit DeMarvin Leal

DeMarvin Leal didn’t waste much time making a decision. The elite defensive lineman out of Converse Judson gave Texas A&M a commitment back in April. So where do things stand now? “I am 100 percent committed to Texas A&M,” Leal said. “But, you know, you always have to have a backup plan. It would take a lot to change my mind, but right now, there is nothing they can do about it.” While Leal is firm to the Aggies and plans on enrolling early, he admitted that both Alabama and Texas are still in the mix for his services.

Texas hosted Leal for an official visit less than a month after he gave Texas A&M a verbal pledge, and the Longhorns have continued to make him a top priority this cycle. Both defensive line coach Oscar Giles and area recruiter Jason Washington keep in frequent contact with Leal and his mother. “Texas is just telling me good luck with practices, scrimmages and stuff, and they just tell me to keep working,” Leal said. “Coach (Jason) Washington and Coach (Oscar) Giles are the ones that have been talking to me. They’ve been telling me that it’s home. They have some good guys. It’s pretty much home. That’s what they have to say.”

In order for the Longhorns to put themselves in a better position to flip Leal before the early signing period, they have to produce results on the field. “They went what, 6-4?” Leal said. “I just want to see them have a winning season. It’s always good to see colleges win.” Texas is working hard to get Leal on campus for a game this fall, but nothing is set at this time. At 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, Leal is ranked as the No. 4 defensive tackle and No. 56 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Well there's that and the fact that 7-6 (or his 7-4) is a winning season. He's just spouting off what aggy has been telling him. He ain't coming here. 

I say if they can get him on campus, especially for a big game that we win (USC?), I'd say there's still a decent chance at a flip.  More noise at aggy might help.  But if he was really "100%" atm, he probably wouldn't admit Texas and Bama are "still in the mix."  

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Texas working hard on A&M commit DeMarvin Leal

Hide contents

DeMarvin Leal didn’t waste much time making a decision. The elite defensive lineman out of Converse Judson gave Texas A&M a commitment back in April. So where do things stand now? “I am 100 percent committed to Texas A&M,” Leal said. “But, you know, you always have to have a backup plan. It would take a lot to change my mind, but right now, there is nothing they can do about it.” While Leal is firm to the Aggies and plans on enrolling early, he admitted that both Alabama and Texas are still in the mix for his services.

Texas hosted Leal for an official visit less than a month after he gave Texas A&M a verbal pledge, and the Longhorns have continued to make him a top priority this cycle. Both defensive line coach Oscar Giles and area recruiter Jason Washington keep in frequent contact with Leal and his mother. “Texas is just telling me good luck with practices, scrimmages and stuff, and they just tell me to keep working,” Leal said. “Coach (Jason) Washington and Coach (Oscar) Giles are the ones that have been talking to me. They’ve been telling me that it’s home. They have some good guys. It’s pretty much home. That’s what they have to say.”

In order for the Longhorns to put themselves in a better position to flip Leal before the early signing period, they have to produce results on the field. “They went what, 6-4?” Leal said. “I just want to see them have a winning season. It’s always good to see colleges win.” Texas is working hard to get Leal on campus for a game this fall, but nothing is set at this time. At 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, Leal is ranked as the No. 4 defensive tackle and No. 56 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

Thank you.

• Fuck You 1