Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

10 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

247 has them with 7 current DL commits, not that they can’t drop a few of them. 

You guys are counting their outside linebackers as DL. They might take 7 down linemen, in addition to more standup outside linebackers 

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Love your qualifier here, bud. Lets be real clear: anthony wheeler can fucking hit. We are lucky hes not kris boyd and  decapitating assholes 5 yards past the big white line. But yes, adoye will fucking Briles a tackling dummy. 

Weller can hit when he's rarely learning his assignments 

Glass, RB from Katy.

Just reading that, the mind assumes fragility. I bet most of the folks here that “do not want” haven’t even watched him, due to the name and location. But, and that’s a big but, I like big butts and I cannot lie.

(Glass), (RB from Katy) is a double negative, so it’s a positive. 

I asked ogre what he thinks about Warren and he said he (ogre) likes to see homeless people naked. 

I couldn’t deal with the anxiety of not knowing how the class would play out, so I called the psychic hotline. I asked her a few questions to verify her authenticity, to which she answered Velociraptor, Good Housekeeping and John Stamos. The last answer threw me a bit, since she’s a she, so I asked her one more. “Sex Panther”, she replied.  At that point, I knew she was good...(it’s made from bits of real panther). This is a transcription of that conversation:

Sylvia: Does the letter “A” mean anything to you?       

I hung up immediately, because it costs like $3/minute and my mom gets pissed at that kind of stuff.

What could it all mean? Cain? Sanders? MaCoy? Watkins, Waddle and Wilson (Garrett)?

Before I go, does anyone know why George Michael was never gonna dance again?

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Glass, RB from Katy.

Just reading that, the mind assumes fragility. I bet most of the folks here that “do not want” haven’t even watched him, due to the name and location. But, and that’s a big but, I like big butts and I cannot lie.

I asked ogre what he thinks about Warren and he said he (ogre) likes to see homeless people naked. 

I couldn’t deal with the anxiety of not knowing how the class would play out, so I called the psychic hotline. I asked her a few questions to verify her authenticity, to which she answered Velociraptor, Good Housekeeping and John Stamos. The last answer threw me a bit, since she’s a she, so I asked her one more. “Sex Panther”, she replied.  At that point, I knew she was good...(it’s made from bits of real panther). This is a transcription of that conversation:

I hung up immediately, because it costs like $3/minute and my mom gets pissed at that kind of stuff.

What could it all mean? Cain? Sanders? MaCoy? Watkins, Waddle and Wilson (Garrett)?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Glass, RB from Katy.

crazy-talk.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Seriously considering the new TT staff as well if we're to believe the guy that originally brought us this news. Virtually all of his high school coaches are TT fans and certainly tend to point him in that direction.  

If it matters a whole lot to anyone here at this point,   decent source at Permian suggests anything could happen but if he had to bet, Powell ends up at UT.

I live in Lubbock and the local Tech sports station had a 24/7 recruiting guy (didn't catch his name) to update on the possible recruits for Tech, chances they can bring back some recruits that decommited when they hired Wells, etc...

They discussed Powell at the end. The guest confirmed his Permian coaches are very pro-Tech, but at this time, he didn't hear anything that would lead him to believe he was going to back out of the UT commitment. I know that could change, but that's what they believe here in Lubbock as of today.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Come on.... Brand new Tech Staff??  If after all this time Powell chooses Tech, then he's wanting the easy route to playing time.  Horns need Dawgs that love Texas and competition.

If he's a gritty competitive great player.... he'll choose Texas.  If not, the Horns will have no problem finding a replacement in the 2020 Class.  🤘

I can certainly respect that you think Powell should go to UT.  But these couple of lines from Orangebloods earlier this week kind of generated this entire discussion.   From Orangebloods:

"ATH Peyton Powell of Odessa Permian will be taking an official visit to Baylor this weekend.
He's also said he will be talking to the new Texas Tech staff soon."

But come on man, there's  several fairly good reasons he might consider TT without being a lesser person including friend and teammate committed there, very close to home, new OC Yost comes highly regarded, numerous WRs in the NFL as of late, QB success as well if he goes that route, sister attending TT, 3 more years of Bowman then McIvor, influence of high school coaches, etc.

i don't pretend for a second to know what PP is going to do, but he's been consistent with his TT interest.  Not sure about Baylor, but he's visited TT at least twice since his UT commitment and several times prior. Fact of the matter is though he committed to UT over others.  That's the biggest hint of all.  Chill.

1 minute ago, pigmeat markham said:

I can certainly respect that you think Powell should go to UT.  But these couple of lines from Orangebloods earlier this week kind of generated this entire discussion.   From Orangebloods:

"ATH Peyton Powell of Odessa Permian will be taking an official visit to Baylor this weekend.

But come on man, there's  several fairly good reasons he might consider TT without being a lesser person including friend and teammate committed there, very close to home, new OC Yost comes highly regarded, numerous WRs in the NFL as of late, QB success as well if he goes that route, sister attending TT, 3 more years of Bowman then McIvor, influence of high school coaches, etc.

i don't pretend for a second to know what PP is going to do, but he's been consistent with his TT interest.  Not sure about Baylor, but he's visited TT at least twice since his UT commitment and several times prior. Fact of the matter is though he committed to UT over others.  That's the biggest hint of all.  Chill.

Yeah, I think @LTtxfan fan is being a bit too haughty for his own good. West Texas kids like Tech, and his high school staff is in their corner as you said.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Your first mistake was reading Orangebloods

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Your first mistake was reading Orangebloods

May be, may very well be, as I don't read it regularly.  Let me preface this though with the fact I'm certainly nobody special when it comes to sources and inside info, but I do happen in this case to be aware of the source of OB's info here.  Very credible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

I don't pretend for a second to know what PP is going to do, but he's been consistent with his TT interest.  Not sure about Baylor, but he's visited TT at least twice since his UT commitment and several times prior. Fact of the matter is though he committed to UT over others.  That's the biggest hint of all.  Chill.

giphy.gif

You Chill....

Edited by LTtxfan

49 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

May be, may very well be, as I don't read it regularly.  Let me preface this though with the fact I'm certainly nobody special when it comes to sources and inside info, but I do happen in this case to be aware of the source of OB's info here.  Very credible.

No ones doubting you, my man.