If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 6/15/2018 at 8:10 AM, bluto said:

The ratings free for all when ticket hosts start hanging it up will be damn interesting. 

It's already interesting.  The Fan is nipping at their heels big time.  They've shown flashes in the past but a lot of people think that had a lot to do with the Cowboys' 13-3 season.  Not anymore. The Fan's morning show posted a fucking .9 rating last month. Against the absurd 1.1 Dunham and Miller pulled (as usual).  They're getting closer and closer every month. 

Hell, they're already beating the Ticket in Tarrant County in prime (6a-7p) for men 25-54 (money demo for sports radio). The "inside joke" thing was going to catch up with them eventually. No new listeners coming on.  Only a matter of time before the Fan is winning Dallas too.

After listening to the time wasters, you would think out of all the hosts, who make a living with their voices, there would be at least one who could actually sing...

It’s probably Norm. He probably just has a Brennan Huff issue with letting it loose.

Remember how well Gomer Pyle sang.

Fake Pele made me giggle. Terribly failed character but thinly veiled for Gordo-Jub fight. 

Character sounded like a Serbian (astute, George) Fake Juan Gonzalez. 

6 hours ago, irockalltherocks said:

Musers replaying George's interview with Talk Sport in England from 17 years ago. Greatness!

Is that the same one where they called to ask questions about Dirk and when one of them called him Big Dirk dumb ass Jub says "how did you know to call him Big Dirk?" And the brit immediately quips "because he's 6 foot 11 mate!" 

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

How have the Danny haters been enjoying the presentation without him?

I prefer to have Danny there, but I do like Peter Whelpton. He adds a bit of calmness. 

I'm not big on soccer Pete but I hate the Danny/corby/Mike trio. Would much prefer taking Sirois off that norm and the brotha abortion and replacing either corby or Danny with him. 

18 hours ago, JohnRedHorn said:

Is that the same one where they called to ask questions about Dirk and when one of them called him Big Dirk dumb ass Jub says "how did you know to call him Big Dirk?" And the brit immediately quips "because he's 6 foot 11 mate!" 

17 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yes it was glorious.  I hadn't heard it before either.  George has some elite detective skills.  I wouldn't have pieced it together so quickly that only people that work in Dallas are aware that Dirk is tall.

Yes! That cracks me up every time I hear it.

Huh? They talked about it before, during, and after the drafting of Doncic by Atlanta. And this isn't the NFL where trades are announced in real time. This is all based on Marc Stein tweets.

Edited by mdmost

On 6/17/2018 at 12:04 AM, threesheets said:

It's already interesting.  The Fan is nipping at their heels big time.  They've shown flashes in the past but a lot of people think that had a lot to do with the Cowboys' 13-3 season.  Not anymore. The Fan's morning show posted a fucking .9 rating last month. Against the absurd 1.1 Dunham and Miller pulled (as usual).  They're getting closer and closer every month. 

Hell, they're already beating the Ticket in Tarrant County in prime (6a-7p) for men 25-54 (money demo for sports radio). The "inside joke" thing was going to catch up with them eventually. No new listeners coming on.  Only a matter of time before the Fan is winning Dallas too.

do those numbers include the people streaming with the app?  I can’t imagine the fan overtaking the fucking ticket in DFW.  not doubting your info, just shocking if true. 

16 hours ago, futureman said:

do those numbers include the people streaming with the app?  I can’t imagine the fan overtaking the fucking ticket in DFW.  not doubting your info, just shocking if true. 

Yep, includes streaming.  

It makes perfect sense to me.  Like I said, the Ticket is an "inside joke" - if you're not in on it (like long time listeners are), then you probably won't get it.  I'm a D1P1, but I think someone new to the Dallas market is going to find the Fan far more accessible than the Ticket.

33 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Yep, includes streaming.  

It makes perfect sense to me.  Like I said, the Ticket is an "inside joke" - if you're not in on it (like long time listeners are), then you probably won't get it.  I'm a D1P1, but I think someone new to the Dallas market is going to find the Fan far more accessible than the Ticket.

I started listening in 2008 and didn't find it to be an inside joke.  I immediately liked it and haven't looked back since.  I don't really think there is a whole lot to get.  It's more Dumb and Dumber than it is a Wes Anderson film.

2 hours ago, threesheets said:

Yep, includes streaming.  

That’s never really held true since their inception in ‘94, and in each of the last 24 years, DFW has seen significant population growth. I don’t buy it at all. The inside jokes can be baffling for newcomers, but if all of their coworkers discuss The Ticket, they’re going to start to get interested. The Ticket is stickier than The Fan ever will be. The on air personalities there are not conducive to a loyal audience. The Ticket has that in spades. I seriously doubt those numbers. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

does the fan strictly play it down the middle and do sports all the time or do they have satirical news segments and movies and funny stuff unrelated to sports like the ticket does. 

I think they try, but nobody can replicate Gordo.  Outside of Bob and Jake I don't really find any ticket guys very engaging when doing straight sports. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

does the fan strictly play it down the middle and do sports all the time or do they have satirical news segments and movies and funny stuff unrelated to sports like the ticket does. 

They try to do funny stuff and to me it usually feels like they are trying WAY WAY WAY too hard to be funny.

I think they try, but nobody can replicate Gordo.  Outside of Bob and Jake I don't really find any ticket guys very engaging when doing straight sports. 

Those two and Norm are really the only three that know anything beyond the 30,000-foot perspective it seems.

The Fan is not very good but I do like the info that Mike Fisher brings when he’s on around 11:15 each day. Somehow stumbled on that since I’m usually in the car around that time. Ben & Skin is their marquee show and it would be the fourth or fifth best show on The Ticket.

Ben and Skin are the worst show in DFW. 

The Fan has gotten a lot better in a couple of areas. I prefer them in the 10-12 slot with Dawson/Cavanaugh/Racist Bacsik. Racist Bacsik is only good for baseball talk, but Cavanaugh puts a ton of effort into the Cowboys and it shows well especially when they have Fisher on. 

The other one is the 7 pm to 11 pm night guys when there's no Rangers baseball. Those fuckers are pretty funny once you get past the annoying voices. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

That’s never really held true since their inception in ‘94, and in each of the last 24 years, DFW has seen significant population growth. I don’t buy it at all. The inside jokes can be baffling for newcomers, but if all of their coworkers discuss The Ticket, they’re going to start to get interested. The Ticket is stickier than The Fan ever will be. The on air personalities there are not conducive to a loyal audience. The Ticket has that in spades. I seriously doubt those numbers. 

I pulled them directly from Nielsen.

58 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I pulled them directly from Nielsen.

I'm looking at Nielsen's web site now.  You must have a more granular look.  Can you provide a link?  How do you reconcile what you report with what Horn reports?

Can't provide a link.  I work in media so I have a subscription (that my company pays a ton for). I'll pull a report and screenshot it on Monday if you really want proof. 

I wouldn't really need to reconcile anything.  I never said the Fan was beating the Ticket.  Only that they're catching them.  But the Fan leading in Tarrant County for M25-54 in Prime is 100% fact. 

Horn was let go at the end of March btw.