If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

i've said it before and i'll say it again.  when Norm is done, give that timeslot to Bob and let him do it by himself like Norm used to do.  no shotgun rider.  just Bob and a producer.  Bob would have no problem filling up 2 hours every day on stuff he wants to talk about.  have Sirois and Donnie join Corby.  let Sirois be the old school, full-time yuk monkey that Corby was with Greggo and Rhynes.  that would also minimize Danny and mean the end of that Pig Pen segment.

but that will never happen because nobody wants to admit that moving Bob to 3 to 7 was a failure.

the winning move would have been to move BaD Radio to 3 to 7 and have Corby/Jake do noon to 3.  but that would have been viewed as a demotion for Corby, and the station did not want to do that.  so here we are.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i've said it before and i'll say it again.  when Norm is done, give that timeslot to Bob and let him do it by himself like Norm used to do.  no shotgun rider.  just Bob and a producer.  Bob would have no problem filling up 2 hours every day on stuff he wants to talk about.  have Sirois and Donnie join Corby.  let Sirois be the old school, full-time yuk monkey that Corby was with Greggo and Rhynes.  that would also minimize Danny and mean the end of that Pig Pen segment.

but that will never happen because nobody wants to admit that moving Bob to 3 to 7 was a failure.

the winning move would have been to move BaD Radio to 3 to 7 and have Corby/Jake do noon to 3.  but that would have been viewed as a demotion for Corby, and the station did not want to do that.  so here we are.  

dang.  that actually makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

That Bob idea is great. Dan and Jake is working well. I don't want to listen to Corby with Jake. 

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

I agree with this but I think Bob's ego couldn't deal with a move to 10-noon as that is a step down and a technical demotion. The drive time money is a lot more than 10-noon money. I would imagine the move will be when Norm is gone to just slide Sirois to the co-host slot that he's already occupied for the past year since Norm's time off. 

I think Beeper is right (wince) that Corby is very well liked. As much as we hate him because he's a Sooner, there's a lot out there who love him. He has continued that shock jock edginess that was the hallmark of 3-7. Potty humor, almost r-rated content is 3-7. That's not Bob Sturm. That's why the show doesn't work. Sirois, Jake, even Donovan would be a better fit with Corby and unfortunately, Danny, than Bob. Corby isn't going anywhere. Somehow, he Forrest Gump'ed his way to being a drive-time host. All the things we hate about Corby make no difference to Cat. He is fine with controversial Corby because at least you're tuning in. I'll be honest that since Bob came on, I do not listen to the sports segments. I only listen to the bit segments like CQH, E-News, Snake Pit, etc. I turn it off at 3:20 and don't return until 4:50. I never did that with BAD. 

Bob needs to be back to where it's him and one other person that's not abrasive like Donovan. But I doubt that would ever happen. Sadly, the HL will continue to get ratings even though it's easily the worst show on the Ticket and I don't even bother listening to Norm but that is a show that is at least honest about what it is, a pure sports show with minimal non-sports portions.

And I know this board doesn't like SeaBass but this fill in show was great Tuesday to today. I think Welpton not being there and Ham being in his place was the reason. Plus, Killer was great. I'm just glad we never have to deal with Nose In The News ever again. 

Edited by mdmost

On 7/1/2021 at 7:26 AM, mdmost said:

Sirois really is the best. Cat has got to pull his head out of his ass and promote Sirois before he leaves the station for something else. 

Cat will get right on that as soon as Cumulus tells him it’s ok to hire a new full time on air personality 

Edited by nolongerU2horn

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Lol Bob would not take a massive demotion like that

6 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Lol Bob would not take a massive demotion like that

well, yeah.  that why i said it would never happen.

but if a brand new PD came in post-Norm, evaluated the talent, and was given carte blanche to reconfigure the lineups, Sturm would immediately be taken away from 3 to 7 and put somewhere else.  he's just too old school sports talk radio, and pairing him with Corby was never going to work.  Mike and Greggo were never old school sports talk.  they loved talking about boobs and chicks.  that's why they worked with Corby.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Pay him the same amount of money. If he doesn’t like it, let him go. 

Now this’ll never happen because The Ticket doesn’t make proactive changes unless it has a gun to its head like with Greggo and then Rhyner. But this is what should happen. Bob (and Norm) simply do not fit at The Ticket and the station would be better off without them. 

I'm not going to rep this, but you're not wrong. I love Norm, but he's on a Dick Clark glide path. Bob is rapidly becoming more insufferable without a Dan buffer. Did you know he works for Troy Aikman?

1 hour ago, pops said:

I mean you have to walk every night,  so.....

well that fat fuck needs to get his prosthetic back and start walking. he’s talented enough to have a legitimate radio career if he wants one but he’s gonna end up dead if he keeps sitting around and eating all day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’s massively fat and it’s absolutely disgusting. 

that’s why he’s tailor-made for radio. and I don’t mean talented like gordo or dan or even jake. not yet, at least. but he’s good enough to make a living on radio if he’s not dead. it’s painful to see pictures of him.

Davey's 8:40 character reminds me of both the "You could use some baseball" Rangers ads he used to do and the really awful Shiner Bock ad character named Everett that he and Danny did way back in the early 00s. Gordo cost Davey and Danny that gig by replaying and making fun of the ads on the Rant. It was great. 

i'm trying to think of a worse drive time show than mclaren and jjt. i'd honestly rather listen to a week of tc interviewing various city council members. 

at least get davey in there to talk about new wave bands, something, anything better than that shit.