If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

I figured Jake was in the 6fig club when he became a full time host, but yeah if they kept him at his producer salary then yes it's an easy decision.  I know other radio shows the producers rarely chime in, but it's crazy how so many ticket producers created so much content for basically nothing for so long.  

57 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't know if I would put up with it for this.

yvnyn4uazpfb1.jpg

with that salary they are essentially saying, hey come here and be a full time host, sharpen your skills, hone your craft to go make money somewhere else if you can.

I, unfortunately use to work for a place with a similar mindset.  they would only hire engineers after big layoffs in the sector and offer shit to start.  the actual work was cool, but the pay, not so much.  so they could not be surprised when people leave to get what they (at least think they) are worth.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

yvnyn4uazpfb1.jpg

Not that this excuses what they get paid but I think hosts also get a pretty nice little chunk of appearance fees at remotes -- at least they used to. Not sure if those figures are included in that salary range, or maybe there hence the $12K gap between the two figures. If so, that's a laughable salary for that gig.

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

yvnyn4uazpfb1.jpg

No fucking way. 

6 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I figured Jake was in the 6fig club when he became a full time host, but yeah if they kept him at his producer salary then yes it's an easy decision.  I know other radio shows the producers rarely chime in, but it's crazy how so many ticket producers created so much content for basically nothing for so long.  

The podcast was murky about his NEXT negotiation.  But certainly this is when Akash helped getting his wheels turning if they weren’t already. 

5 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

He did finally get a bump after holding out last year. No idea for what amount they settled on, but I'm guessing it would have been right around 100K.

Sounds legitimate. But for a station like The Ticket, that’s paltry for a host and family with the mass succcess of the station what their guys that fill multiple needed roles like producers, ticker guys, asst program directors like Killer, and fill in / weekend hosts need to be making. 

5 hours ago, CBT said:

The shade that mcclearin just threw at aggie.  *chef's kiss.

Maybe I’ll give this guy another shot. The smoker pipes that you’d have on a nationally syndicated Fox Sports show combined with his partnership with JJT combined with the weird, non-bit alien abduction ruined him for me initially. Particularly if he can draw weak willed Bob offsides with A&M shade. 

5 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Makes more sense why Sirois wasn't willing to wait out a Norm retirement after finding out what Jake made after becoming a full time host.

Yep. 

5 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Listening to the latest free episode (with Akash), and I just miss hearing them at middays. Will subscribe.

I’m here too. They need more guests. Need to get some production value. A board op. Some of their own drops. But I’ll be with them. I haven’t subscribed yet but will. They must must must get video of their podcasts. 

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Not that this excuses what they get paid but I think hosts also get a pretty nice little chunk of appearance fees at remotes -- at least they used to. Not sure if those figures are included in that salary range, or maybe there hence the $12K gap between the two figures. If so, that's a laughable salary for that gig.

It doesn’t come close to excusing it  

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Yeah I’m definitely subscribing. 

10 hours ago, orange dream said:

What did Rome McClearin say about aggie?

Asked for the worst SEC fans when he was in Birmingham and he said aggy. Said they're delusional based on who they are as a program and even though they only beat Bama twice since joining the SEC they liked to call in and talk about all the times they almost beat Bama. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluto said:

Davey fan but Irving kares is worse than mushmouth. 

and George cracks me up with his voice this week, it’s like he got stuck in skinlonin voice

The first appearance(s) of Irving Cares at Frank Parra during a Rant remote were legitimately  funny. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

She sucks

Indeed

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

Is Julie always half shit faced on the mom game?

You listen to that?  I can tell you things about both ladies. Things about Emily would make people like her less and Julie more. I’ve heard both on the air and been to multiple outings with Emily. She’s extremely likable. I’m sure Julie would be as well. But no fucking way I’m listening to their goddamned podcast. 

53 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Indeed

You listen to that?  I can tell you things about both ladies. Things about Emily would make people like her less and Julie more. I’ve heard both on the air and been to multiple outings with Emily. She’s extremely likable. I’m sure Julie would be as well. But no fucking way I’m listening to their goddamned podcast. 

Go on.... 

I think he’s said before that EJ is a massive whore.  Not sure why that would make us like her less though.  

It sounds like he’s saying EJ is not a whore and Julie is a whore. He said if we knew we’d like Emily less and Julie more if we knew, right? I think he assumes we love EJ because we think she gets around.

10 hours ago, futureman said:

I think he’s said before that EJ is a massive whore.  Not sure why that would make us like her less though.  

She used to throw some major leg at Tech. She banged a buddy of mine, and they now hang out as couples. Her husband went to TCU. Good guy. She treats him poorly and kind of big times the rest of their friend group. 

How do I know all this?  She’s friends with my wife, and her friend group in Fort Worth includes my wife’s best friend. 

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

She used to throw some major leg at Tech. She banged a buddy of mine, and they now hang out as couples. Her husband went to TCU. Good guy. She treats him poorly and kind of big times the rest of their friend group. 

How do I know all this?  She’s friends with my wife, and her friend group in Fort Worth includes my wife’s best friend. 

what would make us like Julie more?  I thought you hated her.

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

sounds to me like someone's upset they didn't get some of that when everyone else did

George has sounded like Nick Skinlonin the last few days. 

McClearin has something. More than I thought. 

Sean Bass is such a nerd that forces the issue too much. I can’t stand listening to him or looking at his dumbass fat face.