If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

3 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

Essentially, they are targeting each of Dan and Jake's arguments in their response and trying to shoot them down one by one - that a podcast *does* count under the noncompete, that D&J have actually been going after Ticket advertisers, and that they have been disparaging the Ticket even though they say they aren't.  This is a more direct response with specific examples and cited caselaw.  Very curious to see how the judge responds.

I predict there will be no summary judgment, regardless of what either side presents. It will go to mediation because the boys don’t have the funds to take it to trial and cumulus is going to look terrible after discovery, and may open itself up to a whole bunch of shit nationwide to the point someone may take this on a contingency 

It’s going to mediation on Tuesday because the judge ordered them to mediation, after the TRO hearing on Monday. I’m team D&J but after listening to the most recent TDZ podcast it is clear they did not have a master plan nor do they really even understand the situation they’re in. While on a podcast they are asking questions of their lawyer about some of the most basic aspects of the lawsuit they are involved in, and are pretty clearly only marginally understanding the explanations. I don’t think it’s a bit. I think they really have no idea what’s going on. 

Bruening is only helping them on the NLRB portion, as he stated to Dan multiple times. Kingston is their lawyer for everything else and it seems he either hasn't really prepped them or he did and it went all over Dan's long haul Covid brain. 

Edited by mdmost

It’s going to mediation on Tuesday because the judge ordered them to mediation, after the TRO hearing on Monday. I’m team D&J but after listening to the most recent TDZ podcast it is clear they did not have a master plan nor do they really even understand the situation they’re in. While on a podcast they are asking questions of their lawyer about some of the most basic aspects of the lawsuit they are involved in, and are pretty clearly only marginally understanding the explanations. I don’t think it’s a bit. I think they really have no idea what’s going on. 

Can't remember who the Surl poster is that has access to the full Nielsen ratings breakdown by demo/daypart, but do you have that yet for July?  Curious to see if the changes at KTCK and The Freak have moved the needle yet at all.

It’s threesheets but you know that hater alters them.
  • Like 1

how anyone thinks this is an upgrade is beyond me, or that the second batch is basically the same as the first batch.

• Norm and Donnie + Sean Bass?
  • Jake and Dan + Blake

to

• Donnie and Matt Mclearin + ??? (did someone say DJ was moving over?)
  • Sean Bass and David Mino + Monty

just from a quality of voices standpoint that's a huge loss - and i thought WiP was fine and like Monty. i think Matt M is fine..

Would love to hear conversations the Musers/HL hosts are having among themselves.  I know the common thought is most only care about their own situation but (i) The Ticket brand has taken a big hit over the summer which none of them can be happy about and (ii) even if looking at it from a selfish perspective, I'm sure they all have bonuses tied to ratings so they have to be concerned about what that means this fall.   I bet Donnie in particular is frustrated as hell.

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

Would love to hear conversations the Musers/HL hosts are having among themselves.  I know the common thought is most only care about their own situation but (i) The Ticket brand has taken a big hit over the summer which none of them can be happy about and (ii) even if looking at it from a selfish perspective, I'm sure they all have bonuses tied to ratings so they have to be concerned about what that means this fall.   I bet Donnie in particular is frustrated as hell.

Maybe, but Donnie's show now is higher quality than that garbage he had to do with Norm and he got an extra hour. If anything the Musers/Hardline want the ratings 10-3 to go down while Donnie wants it to go up or stay the same. If 10-3 goes down then Musers/Hardline can use it to negotiate their next contracts. If it stays the same or goes up then it means the P1 is loyal to the station more than personalities and all the leverage is with the station. 

Edited by Hermanator

8 hours ago, NoName said:

how anyone thinks this is an upgrade is beyond me, or that the second batch is basically the same as the first batch.

• Norm and Donnie + Sean Bass?
  • Jake and Dan + Blake

to

• Donnie and Matt Mclearin + ??? (did someone say DJ was moving over?)
  • Sean Bass and David Mino + Monty

just from a quality of voices standpoint that's a huge loss - and i thought WiP was fine and like Monty. i think Matt M is fine..

100%

• Hook 'Em 1

This D&J thing has got to be an Achille's Heel to The Ticket. Cumulus is proactively destroying listener goodwill. I only listen to the Musers first 90 minutes now and that's while jumping in to Chael & Danny's show, which to be honest isn't horrible. I don't even listen to the Top 10. A 90 minute podcast was perfect for my commute if that's admissible in court.

• Hook 'Em 2