If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Never knew Gordo goes down to Dealey Plaza to debate JFK conspiracy theorists. I thought the notion he's obsessed with JFK was just ticket comedic exaggeration, but no the dude's really really into it. 

Gordo is quite knowledgeable on it and hates the nutjobs that are all over down there. Everyone knows JFK is still on a machine keeping him alive in the basement of Parkland.

My grandparents are buried in Shannon Rose Hill cemetery. I can drive straight to Oswald’s grave. I have no idea where they are buried. The weird thing was an adjacent grave for a guy named Nick Beef. It’s weird you can google it. But between Oswald and the drive is a headstone that just says HIDELL. His alias.

My mentor grew up in New Orleans and knew Oswald as a youth. and was in the CAP when led by Ferrie. He had some crazy theories.

He delivered the Times Picayune as a kid to Marcelo’s house and talked to him a few times collecting. He wasn’t Iiving like a prince.

Said Oswald was just fucking weird and in and out as his mother was always moving to New York or ft worth or Nola. Thought Ferrie was a really scary guy that he avoided.

Lots of his friends were running guns before Castro. Basically they’d’ be given a couple crates and get in a Boston whaler and go out in the gulf and a boat would come collect.

My boss thought these folks were part of a Clay Shaw “homo/voodoo” cult in the quarter and did this as some kind of thrill killing. Didn’t say I agreed with him; that’s what he said.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, pops said:

Holy shit, jr.... even Texas fans think Alabama would win in a rematch right now???   It took a miracle for them to beat auburn. Fuck off. 

57 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

My thoughts exactly when I heard that this morning.

Yeah, that was a bad segment. They'd clearly not done much prep work on that. The bottom line is if we take care of business in Arlington and Georgia loses to Bama to make all three of us 12-1, the math is really fucking simple for me. Texas goes CFP first, Bama second and Georgia third. First two are conference champs and Texas beat Bama by 10 in Tuscaloosa. Georgia is out of the playoffs. Bama only gets in if Louisville beats FSU or Iowa shocks Michigan to create one more spot.

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

yeah, we need some more info on this.

just seeing this guy say they are done: https://old.reddit.com/user/ScoopsMcC

doesn't seem to be some kind of insider based on flipping through his history

He doesn't know anything. He's just regurgitating stuff he sees on My Ticket Confession. The main guy says he doesn't hear anything about the Musers retiring. There was talk of a seismic shift and losing your 25+ year producer is certainly that. Of all of them, I could see Jub hanging it up simply for health and family reasons but not Junior and Gordo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He doesn't know anything. He's just regurgitating stuff he sees on My Ticket Confession. The main guy says he doesn't hear anything about the Musers retiring. There was talk of a seismic shift and losing your 25+ year producer is certainly that. Of all of them, I could see Jub hanging it up simply for health and family reasons but not Junior and Gordo. 

that's what was so weird to me. if they were going to retire in like 30ish days why would he leave now and then they leave in 30 days?

i see folks at MTC mentioning that JUb was the original rumor. I think he's probably the easiest archtype in the show to replace and they have the most options but would be shocked if he would just leave them.

all that said, man Fernando leaving is huge. no clue where they go producer wise since he was always the odd man out in that he busted his ass like no other and had next to no on air presence/segments/bits. reallllllllllllly interested to see where they go next to replace him - can't imagine it's an in house option

image.png.348eb722a27948b11da516384e54d2cd.png

1 minute ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Of course it will be an in-house hire. Who do you think they'd be able to recruit to work from 3-10am for $25,000?

Get ready for am producer Detty

the musers are the only station on the air that i can't imagine them fucking with and paying someone real money to come in and bust their ass.

if they are out here jacking with their cash cow they really are as dumb as they looked in the Dan and Jake lawsuit.

I doubt it happens given they've changed a lot in the last 5 years and we're not recognizing it but I'd love to hear Razor's Bi. That might've been the first bit I heard after I moved back and finally got up earlier enough to listen to the Musers. Fernando's Stand-up bit can still be played.

Fernando's salary is fairly inflated compared to the other support staff given his tenure. I'm sure they can put some of that towards a replacement.

Edited by mdmost

9 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Rumor has it the Musers are done after dry dock

I hung out with Junior and Corby before the Texas-OU game this year. I talked to Junior one-on-one for 15 mins or so. I've known Corby for quite some time but never really talked to Junior other than saying hello before previous RRS when we'd stop by to say hello to Corby pre-game when I'd go to the game with his college buddy, Hughey.

We talked about The Ticket and the whole spite station situation. Got the impression their relationship with Rhynes is pretty strained over The Freak thing. Not really sure why Rhynes would get involved with The Freak. According to Junior, their contracts run 1.5 years more and he didn't sound like he was quitting anytime soon. I joked that now that he had a little "parasite" at home, he HAD to keep working to pay the bills and we laughed and laughed and laughed.

So, I don't know shit from shinola. Maybe they're leaving sooner than later. But it sure didn't seem that way from our conversation.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 5

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I hung out with Junior and Corby before the Texas-OU game this year. I talked to Junior one-on-one for 15 mins or so. I've known Corby for quite some time but never really talked to Junior other than saying hello before previous RRS when we'd stop by to say hello to Corby pre-game when I'd go to the game with his college buddy, Hughey.

We talked about The Ticket and the whole spite station situation. Got the impression their relationship with Rhynes is pretty strained over The Freak thing. Not really sure why Rhynes would get involved with The Freak. According to Junior, their contracts run 1.5 years more and he didn't sound like he was quitting anytime soon. I joked that now that he had a little "parasite" at home, he HAD to keep working to pay the bills and we laughed and laughed and laughed.

So, I don't know shit from shinola. Maybe they're leaving sooner than later. But it sure didn't seem that way from our conversation.

I went to TCU and there have been hot women surrounding me for the last twenty years, really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What I see is a radio station that is just destroying

6ztitr5r8b3c1.png?width=1310&format=png&

From Peter Welpton:

November '23 Ratings

renderTimingPixel.png

Another fantastic month of ratings for America’s Favorite Radio Station™ - 2023 has been quite the historic run. Maybe will do a larger perspective dig into what this means in a few weeks after the final month.

Tip of the hat to The Fan (KRLD FM) for their total M25-54 ‘total week’ win. Super-powered by the Rangers’ run through the ACLS and World Series, which delivered massive numbers (see the 18.5 at nights and not seen here, weekends) and pushed them just past The Ticket for the month.

At the same time, the magic of the Rangers run also sprinkled down onto The Mothership.

• KTCK was #1 “prime time” M-F 6a-7p (and 6a-Mid) for the 11th straight month.

• Persons 6+ and Adults 25-54 KTCK was #1: Total week, 6a-Mid, 6a-7p.

• The Musers remain #1 with double-digit shares. This is now a year-long run w/ only Nov '22 not being double digits (9.5).

• The Invasion continues with a strong launch, growing to 3rd, just 0.6 out of first. For comparison, a year ago was 5.2/#6.

• Look at the Sweet Spot, already #1 in its time slot and to compare a year ago, a 6.1/ #5.

• For the 11th straight month, The Hardline sits #1 in PM Drive. For the year, the show has averaged basically a 4-point (3.99) share gap between itself and #2, and that includes the fact in January it was tied for the top spot.

The station’s underlying numbers and supporting data continue to indicate a very healthy state and an ability to sustain its overall top position even when its direct competitor has sustained growth and a well-earned boffo month. Just a few more days of the final month of ratings to be recorded, capped off with White Elephant Day. We’ll keep hopes high for what has already been a record Ticket year.

Happiest of Holidays to the sweet, clean P1.

This rating period covers Oct 12 - Nov 8. 'As always' notes: Remember, you can compare dayparts across the different stations (red boxed column), but not a station across the dayparts (yellow rows) - I mean, you can, but then, well, you're just being a turkey.

Edited by mdmost

Klatt segment yesterday on the HL was great. It's on top ten. Also enjoyed the high school football segment with Greg Tepper on the Invasion today.

(TC filling in yesterday afternoon on the Freak talking about the Cuban/Mavs sale was also great.)