If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

The worst segment of any part of the year is the Garrett press conferences the day after the game. I get the flagship station airing these because they have to but why the fuck does The Ticket need to air this? Do people really want to hear this guy talk? I think more people actually tune out than tune in. It seems more beneficial if they didn't air this. No need all 3 local sports radio stations to air this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The worst segment of any part of the year is the Garrett press conferences the day after the game. I get the flagship station airing these because they have to but why the fuck does The Ticket need to air this? Do people really want to hear this guy talk? I think more people actually tune out than tune in. It seems more beneficial if they didn't air this. No need all 3 local sports radio stations to air this.

It's an instantaneous punch out. I would however stick around for Mystery Garrett Theater 3000. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It levels the playing field.  If they didn't air it they would run the risk of Ticket listeners taking their meters to one of the other two stations.  If they all do the same thing there's no reason for anyone to switch.  But they do control ESPN here so I'm not sure why they don't just have them air it and run their normal programming, unless they just assume those folks would go exclusively to the Fan. 

What risk? 

Who listens to a Garrett presser willingly? 

None of the stations will ask the question. Nor will the papers.

Do you listen to the presser?

Would you miss it?

Did you listen when it was Bill?

Did you listen when it was Campo?

Wade?

None of them were prone to saying more than was necessary. Bill was a pro at message control, but at least he didn't bore us to death. 

You want something to pump into the lunatic holed up in a shack to break his will to survive? All Garrett all the time. If it doesn't cause him to fall into a deep sleep it will be sure to cause mental discomfort. 

I’d bet good money that if they did some schtick - while the presser was going on - poking fun at Garrett and the Cowboys, like a fake press conference replete with Fake Jerry, Fake Garrett (and the buttfucking blueberries), Fake Irvin, and even Koko, they’d dominate market share even more. 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

What risk? 

Who listens to a Garrett presser willingly? 

None of the stations will ask the question. Nor will the papers.

Do you listen to the presser?

Would you miss it?

Did you listen when it was Bill?

Did you listen when it was Campo?

Wade?

None of them were prone to saying more than was necessary. Bill was a pro at message control, but at least he didn't bore us to death. 

You want something to pump into the lunatic holed up in a shack to break his will to survive? All Garrett all the time. If it doesn't cause him to fall into a deep sleep it will be sure to cause mental discomfort. 

Don't get it wrong- I fucking hate it more than anything. I think I've used this one before,  but I'd rather listen to the sounds of an international airport bathroom than that fucking worthless bum giving a presser.

• Like 1

Thanks to the Lord above this Dead South concert is finally this weekend.  They have been running that ad for "boot stomping and finger snapping music" on the stream since July I believe.  At least Bart changed up his commercials.  RIP Reagor Dykes.

Caught the end of that. I had no idea how dysfunctional the OU team was. Apparently Stoopes got into a big screaming fit with the defense at halftime and they revolted with one LB quitting on the spot and walking out. Riley had to chase him down to get him back in. Sounds like Riley is losing the room already. 

I think he lived last season on Bobby's players and 8th year senior Heisman QB. I don't think he's a good coach at all and that program is about to go into a dark age. 

Edited by Junior Miller

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Painful how clueless BaD is on college football talk and the RRS having been in dallas for ~20 yrs... just had to turn it off when bob said he left with 21 pt lead 

Basically you have Bob, Jake, and Norm as the only guys capable of offering sports analysis.  The rest are just there to make jokes, and have no more insight than a random at a sports bar.  Bob doesn't like college football outside of scouting for NFL, Norm doesn't relate well to the listener, and Jake who has the most college football knowledge is relegated to tier 2.

8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Basically you have Bob, Jake, and Norm as the only guys capable of offering sports analysis.  The rest are just there to make jokes, and have no more insight than a random at a sports bar.  Bob doesn't like college football outside of scouting for NFL, Norm doesn't relate well to the listener, and Jake who has the most college football knowledge is relegated to tier 2.

Jake also calls Aggy out, which is great for us, obviously...but there's a large part of the fan base that is Aggy and hates it.

Joel Klatt is still one of, if not the best segment of the week .

• Like 2

With the way the Cotton Bowl is set up, if Stoops got in a screaming match with his players at halftime I wonder if the Texas players could hear it. That would be hilarious. 

Also some of you should maybe find some place else for your sports talk because all y'all fucking do is complain about everyone on the station. 

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Tier 3. Tier 2 is empty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Jake also calls Aggy out, which is great for us, obviously...but there's a large part of the fan base that is Aggy and hates it.

Joel Klatt is still one of, if not the best segment of the week .

and Brian Jones ftw. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The College FB Blowhard said TCU should’ve beaten Texas and Ohio State earlier in the year in their preview of tonight’s game.

he’s got a great point here.  I mean we fell ass backwards into that 31-16 win.  frogs were definitely the better team. 

He's just like every other sports idiot who thinks turnovers are just flukes and a matter of being unlucky.

Yeah that has always bugged the hell out of me. Losing fans always saying we just gave you the game with those three turnovers. Of course one came from a hard hit causing a fumble, a DB baiting your QB to throw a ball that he was sitting on and picked and the QB getting sacked and stripped and fumbling.

They still consider those unforced errors and just giving the game away. Very few turnovers are unforced. Even Murray’s fumble where he put the ball in the ground was caused because of coverage in the secondary and the pass rush making him spin around and scramble.

Perhaps last night's game drummed it into his head that Robinson is simply a turnover machine at this point. I think they played way over their heads in the Ohio State game and now we're seeing who they truly are, which is at best a .500 team. I'm not sure they're bowl-eligible at the end of the season now.