If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep the Ticket is terrible at discussing college football. In fact, I have yet to find any show discuss it real well on the local market. The guy I remember who did it the best and easily the most knowledge of the game was Brian Estridge on ESPN Radio. He does a national show now on ESPN Radio and I think he is the voice of the TCU football team.

Cooperstein was pretty good with college sports back in the day when he had a show.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

If you want to revisit 9/11, someone uploaded the final 2 hours of the Musers from that morning where you hear them think it's just an accident. Very surreal. Plus the splicing of Drop Page Radio bits as this was an internet recording is also so very odd.

I was on my way home from work that morning, listening to the Musers. The Ticket hosts did a very commendable job for the next week or so on their programs.

Booze happened to Wally Lynn. 

Former DFW Sports Media Favorite Wally Lynn Vanishes Beneath Waves of Booze  http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/wally-lynn-former-dallas-sports-radio-favorite-vanishes-beneath-waves-of-booze-10396010

I read about his story on another site last year or the year before. Very sad deal.

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Booze happened to Wally Lynn. 

Former DFW Sports Media Favorite Wally Lynn Vanishes Beneath Waves of Booze  http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/wally-lynn-former-dallas-sports-radio-favorite-vanishes-beneath-waves-of-booze-10396010

What a tragic story.  Lotta familiar names in there.  Definitly hits close to home.

God that story breaks my heart. Same thing happened to two friends of mine from school. One a former banker and a wrestler at tech and a body builder. got caught up in booze, lost his home, wife and ended up being a limp on the streets for a while.

I gave him money, another buddy gave him a job with a contractor in Iraq so he could train military guys in their gym to dry him out. His first vacation he took off and Interpol finally found him in Paris living in the airport. He died last year homeless in Fort Worth

17 hours ago, RPM said:

Joel Klatt: Texas is a 9 or 10 win team if they can get some blocking up front. There are huge swaths of open area down the middle of the field for Texas' WRs. Ehlinger would be much better (stat wise) if they let him exploit that.

Heard that. It sounded like Klatt was more critical of Herman than Beck. Said something like there’s no way Beck is ok with a system that is all cutesy sideline passes and deep balls while the middle of the field is open.

17 hours ago, RPM said:

Joel Klatt: Texas is a 9 or 10 win team if they can get some blocking up front. There are huge swaths of open area down the middle of the field for Texas' WRs. Ehlinger would be much better (stat wise) if they let him exploit that.

Heard that. It sounded like Klatt was more critical of Herman than Beck. Said something like there’s no way Beck is ok with a system that is all cutesy sideline passes and deep balls while the middle of the field is open.

I thought he absolutely nailed his analysis. It’s nice to hear someone that can read a defense (maybe not while on the field) say Herman is full of shit. Klatt has become my favorite analyst by a mile.

Edited by bigcigar

8 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Or not.  Danny just said "how about not Vince Young ever"

it’s a bit now.  became a bit as soon as vince texted “hello” on wednesday.  not a big deal... anyway he’ll actually be in-studio, vince will, to discuss it with the hardline tomorrow.  definitely worth a listen.