Parents in Florida raising a "gender neutral baby"

Goo Punch

I don't see the problem. Subscribing to social constructs of "gender" and "sex" are such a cis white male way to view the world. Why can't we create our own reality free from the chains of the customs set forth by white men?  It is what I want it to be. 

• Like 2

The kid’s initials are S.T.D., and it’s being raised in Central Florida by these all-stars.  

White men’s social constructs may be to blame for a lot, but it’s gonna take a white man’s foundation or charity to give this kid any semblence of hope at a decent childhood.  

3 hours ago, pops said:

I don't see the problem. Subscribing to social constructs of "gender" and "sex" are such a cis white male way to view the world. Why can't we create our own reality free from the chains of the customs set forth by white men?  It is what I want it to be. 

Say wut  Clarence ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Please share a link of CPS taking a kid over a spanking. 

The main plaintiff in the lawsuit is Dwight Mitchell, founder of the Stop Child Protection Services From Legally Kidnapping organization, which has about 250 members in the state, The Star Tribune reported. Mitchell said Dakota County child welfare workers removed two of his children from his Apple Valley home after a baby sitter reported that Mitchell spanked his 11-year-old son for stealing and being disobedient in 2014.

One of Mitchell's children was kept in state custody for 22 months, while another was removed for five months, according to the lawsuit.

Linky

• Like 5

8 hours ago, pops said:

17 minutes ago, troph said:

Gender isn’t fragile. The kid will be what the kid is. Nothing the parents can do one way or the other on that. Now all kinds of other shit about kids is fragile and those folks could really do a number on him/her/they/she/etc.

It seems that this kids parents want to bless him with the same gender torment that transgender and gay people always nostalgically opine about their wonderfully stable upbringings. 

I totally agree the kid will be whatever he/she is, however, it seems that if he/she quickly adopts a gender he/she will be discouraged from owning it due to the need of their parents to appear progressive to others. That doesn’t seem healthy to me. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

It seems that this kids parents want to bless him with the same gender torment that transgender and gay people always nostalgically opine about their wonderfully stable upbringings. 
I totally agree the kid will be whatever he/she is, however, it seems that if he/she quickly adopts a gender he/she will be discouraged from owning it due to the need of their parents to appear progressive to others. That doesn’t seem healthy to me. 

I’ll admit I didn’t read the article. Usually I do. There are all kinds of messed up parents but I’ll give you an example that applies to my kids. They are pretty solidly boys and I’m pretty sure the trans shit and the gay shit is well covered in a “walk the walk” sort of way but on sexual orientation I talk about their future wife or husband or no marriage at all partner either way. I think that’s actually very much appropriate - to pave the way for gay being ok. I think trans is highly unlikely so it’s well within reason to assume cis gender. I’ve been trans my whole life but when I had kids they had penises at birth so I assumed they were gonna be dudes. Pretty sure I’m right about that too. We will see what kinda person they will like to go down on though ... hopefully a lot later.
  • Like 3

I have no understanding of what you suffered/experienced/went through.
I certainly want to help foster, however I can, a world where gay, transgender or whatever specific type/preference/reality  a person is is okay and normal for them. I'd like everyone to feel whatever they are is okay and normal.
To that end, it's not okay to say someone who is hetrosexual or male or female is in someway wrong. Everyone should be able to associate comfortably with whatever preference is natural for them.
That's where my concern lies on the opposite side of the spectrum, the pendulum perhaps swinging too far the opposite direction.

Dude - saying when you get married to your wife or husband to a kid doesn’t communicate straight is wrong. I’m agnostic. It doesn’t matter. They are what they are. I just want them to know whatever they are is cool. And like I said I didn’t even touch gender, odds are so small they are anything but male. Chances are they will be straight men. Good for them.

I understood and I thought we were in agreement. If my message didn't make that clear that's on me.

Read it three times couldn’t figure it out, assumed the “its not wrong to be straight” comment was aimed at me, and maybe got defensive. Sorry. This site can do that to me on this topic some times. All good.

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

We did not find out the sex of our kids before birth ... lots of green and yellow baby clothes. Proud to say how progressive we were and did not even realize it.

Were you prepping them to go to Baylor??

Edited by El Diablo
wered
  • Haha 1