Tropic Thunder Summit: Don and Kim Reunited

Hugo Stiglitz

On 2/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, Brisketexan said:

It will be ignored.  Because he won't ever actually sign a real document that can affect troop positioning.  He'll just type in a word salad about it on Twitter, and no court in the land will find that to be a binding executive directive.

And I'm really not kidding.

Isn’t that one of those memorandums of understanding?

1 hour ago, plimon said:

Wasn't it Un that called DOTARD out as a dotard a while back?

Yes, and called his bluff at every turn. Donald threatened fire and fury like the world has never seen before if Un went on testing. Un went on testing and Trump didn't do shit. After proclaiming that we can all sleep easy at night because the nuclear threat from N. Korea had been eliminated, Trump has moved the goalposts and is saying he'll be happy as long as there is no more testing. (When was the last time the U.S. tested a nuclear weapon? We're still armed to the teeth.) 

And now Kim can fuck with Trump anytime he wants by testing another weapon. He can use that as leverage on Trump. Trump's guidance from Putin will favor N. Korea. As long as they don't test, we'll probably lift some sanctions, make it easier for Russia to do business with them. 

Edit: Or just go home with egg on our face after a total waste of time. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

His love affair with Kim goes on, and he is aided in his word-dance by his stuffed suits, and he managed to work in how Kim wasn't responsible for the torture of Otto Warmbier, because, after all, he has a lot of people in prison camps, A LOT, and Kim can't keep up with all that.

The hand gestures say it all. POTUS got nothing in his fool's errand, and clearly something happened that he doesn't want to talk about that probably relates to why Lavrov was in Hanoi. 

Oh look, Sean Hannity is in Hanoi, and fed lines to POTUS at the presser.

But the wordstuff. The wordstuff. Not a sentence was finished. In transcript form, it would be a travesty. Even Pompeo unable to say anything concrete.

So in summary: the kabuki summit to distract from the not-kabuki Russia investigations was a failure, and even managed to fail to fully interrupt the Cohen hearing cycle.

2EF91F7B-3686-4500-B938-61BB400791E5_zps

64BE91DC-7FDB-4C73-A57A-E98B975C73AB_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, Eggo said:

No matter how they spin this, this has to be one of the worst failures of his term so far. 

I consider the first NK summit one of the biggest failures of the Trump administration and I still do.  More so than this one because we gave away all the leverage with the meeting itself.  

ANY President could meet with the Kim but none dared because the meeting would be an enormous concession that we could never get back. 

We could have given NK an aircraft carrier in exchange for nuclear inspections and inventory instead of a summit and that would have been a better deal for us because we could always destroy the aircraft carrier if things went south. 

We will never be able to get that first meeting back.  

Fuck Trump.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

The funny part is when Trump fans claim that meeting with NK itself was some big victory, as if to suggest that others had tried and failed. 

We prostated towards one of the world's worst dictators and gave him validation twice. For nothing. 

I am fine with debating that this is a long game and just the start of a long journey. But that debate is ruined when Trumpkins want to spike the football and dance at the 40 yard line with the ridiculous "Obama never did this!" bullshit. 

12 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The funny part is when Trump fans claim that meeting with NK itself was some big victory, as if to suggest that others had tried and failed. 

We prostated towards one of the world's worst dictators and gave him validation twice. For nothing. 

I am fine with debating that this is a long game and just the start of a long journey. But that debate is ruined when Trumpkins want to spike the football and dance at the 40 yard line with the ridiculous "Obama never did this!" bullshit. 

Oh honey, no.  It's worse.

They want to spike the football and dance at the 40 yard line after they practically impeached Obama for saying he would meet with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Cuba as President without preconditions.

10 years later, Donald Trump is validating the leader of North Korea, believing him against our intelligence agencies regarding the death of an American and the same Republicans are acting like this is worthy of a Nobel Prize and putting Trump on Mount Rushmore. 

I wish they'd all jump into a lake full of acid. 

Edited by Js1

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I consider the first NK summit one of the biggest failures of the Trump administration and I still do.  More so than this one because we gave away all the leverage with the meeting itself.  

ANY President could meet with the Kim but none dared because the meeting would be an enormous concession that we could never get back. 

We could have given NK an aircraft carrier in exchange for nuclear inspections and inventory instead of a summit and that would have been a better deal for us because we could always destroy the aircraft carrier if things went south. 

We will never be able to get that first meeting back.  

Fuck Trump.

Okay, fine. Trump and North Korea overall sucks.

52 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Well, not nothing.  Didn't we get like 3 or 8 prisoners back.

th?id=OIP.ZbcSRWJkLx_2eW0GJcay0AAAAA&pid

• Like 1

This was designed to fail by NK, IMO. What motivation do they have to commit to verified destruction of known test cites and surrender of enriched uranium? They get another photo op & lavish praise from the US president, he looks weak and ineffective, and they get to continue building ICBMs. 

I bet they went in with outrageous demands that if Trump was stupid enough to agree to, then good for them- if things blew up, there’s zero downside. Trump’s ego thought he could walk in the room and come out with historic concessions. He probably ignored intelligence briefings and hasn’t properly staffed up with Korean experts. 

Oh and we unnecessarily drag Otto Warmbier’s family for good measure. What a clown

Given that Trump is the aggiest President ever, it’s fitting that this falls apart on the same day that Johnny Manziel gets banned from playing football in Canada.  

They both went to other countries hoping to get a great deal and distract the folks back home, and both step on their own dicks.  

36 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

It is easy to shit on Trump and Co, but I rather no deal than a bad deal. I’m more amazed that Trump can walk away and not fold like a cheap lawn chair.

North Korea got exactly what they wanted and expected out of the summit.  

You think they give a shit about sanctions?  They border Russia and China and know Trump isn’t going to enforce shit on mommy and daddy. 

13 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Come on now.  It’s not all bad.  At no point in the 98 Finals did I ever believe I would be blessed enough to read a letter on Dennis Rodman stationary written to POTUS in an effort to promote global diplomacy.  

No way that wasn't written by Dotard and sent to Rodman for him to sign.  Kind of like his pre-campaign doctor's note.

43 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This was designed to fail by NK, IMO. What motivation do they have to commit to verified destruction of known test cites and surrender of enriched uranium? They get another photo op & lavish praise from the US president, he looks weak and ineffective, and they get to continue building ICBMs. 

I bet they went in with outrageous demands that if Trump was stupid enough to agree to, then good for them- if things blew up, there’s zero downside. Trump’s ego thought he could walk in the room and come out with historic concessions. He probably ignored intelligence briefings and hasn’t properly staffed up with Korean experts. 

Oh and we unnecessarily drag Otto Warmbier’s family for good measure. What a clown

also, on a serious note - this is good analysis. it's obvious that trump thinks he understands how eastasia works. but he doesn't at all understand. 

kim got over on us, and gains a fucking metric fuckton of face in the region. 

trump is going to claim victory, and think he's looking strong by saying "sometimes you have to walk away." yeah, remember how that worked out with nancy and chuck? that's his signature move - walk away like a petulant child. you aren't buying a fucking car, dude. this is international foreign policy with decades-long ramifications, you fucking stooge.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That’s a shame.  And to think one day you might have been able to get half your money back selling the coins alongside Nazi memorabilia at a local gun show.

the value for the first coin is already $100 according to that website. i think i bought it for like $40.

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

(When was the last time the U.S. tested a nuclear weapon? We're still armed to the teeth.) 

This guy from a Stanford think tank was on NPR yesterday saying that he thought the situation was improving because they weren't testing.  This was my exact thought.  What if they are just satisfied with their capabilities and don't see the need to test anymore?