2019 MLB thread

spystud13

jose ramirez was one of the worst hitters in baseball during his wife's pregnancy, and the tribe was awful with a scuffling lineup. since his child was born:

36 G

46 H

12 2B

10 HR

34 RBI

6 SB

12 BB

10 K

1.003 OPS

Indians record: 28-7

Trevor Bauer aside, the return of Clevenger and the return of Jose's bar has the Tribe looking pretty damn good.

Edited by Goo Punch

19 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

jose ramirez was one of the worst hitters in baseball during his wife's pregnancy, and the tribe was awful with a scuffling lineup. since his child was born:

36 G

46 H

12 2B

10 HR

34 RBI

6 SB

12 BB

10 K

1.003 OPS

Indians record: 28-7

Trevor Bauer aside, the return of Clevenger and the return of Jose's bar has the Tribe looking pretty damn good.

cleve gonna win that division going away.

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It was a predictable outcome. You didn’t have to watch the AB to know how that situation was going to play out. We’re just trying to keep y’all in the wild card hunt long enough to give you hope, because Cleveland v Boston seems inevitable at this point.

As a person who loathes the Red Sox with every fiber of my being, I'm ok with any situation where they're iced out. 

I just hope we don't waste our time with the Matts. And we do tend to improve as the season goes on.

21 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I would think Astros, Mets, and A's fans could understand Bauer's reaction.  That inning reminded me of 2014-2015 Royals.

Well we do to some extent but still not sure we would melt down and throw a HR.  Speaking of old wounds it is remarkable how badly Hinch goat fucked the Astros in the 2015 ALDS because he pulled McCullers too soon.  He repeated the exact same fuckup in the 2017 ALCS too but thankfully that one didn't cost the team the series.

2015 ALDS Game 4: https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU201510120.shtml

Highest expected win % of 98% in bottom of the 7th inning. McCullers gets the leadoff out in the 7th but then proceeds to hit Salvador Perez which triggers Hinch to panic and puts in Will Harris who had been amazing all year but was starting to wear down having blown up game 2 already.  He gets out of the inning but then in the 8th inning he proceeds to give up 4 straight hits.  Hinch brings in Sipp who lets all 3 of the inherited runners in because of the Correa error.  This all of course happened after Abbot's infamous tweet congratulating the Astros on getting to the ALCS.

2017 ALCS Game 5: https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA201710170.shtml

Highest expected win % of 94% in top of the 7th inning.  McCullers gives up a leadoff HR to Judge in the bottom of the 7th and Hinch panics and pulls him to put in Devo who gives up a triple to Gregorius immediately then Didi scores on a sacrifice but Devo gets through the rest of the inning unscathed.  Joe Musgrove came in and gave up back to back singles then Giles was brought in to try and cleanup the mess even though he had proven he was horrible outside of the clean save situation all year and it went predictably horrible from there.

25 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

2015 ALDS Game 4: https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU201510120.shtml

Highest expected win % of 98% in bottom of the 7th inning. McCullers gets the leadoff out in the 7th but then proceeds to hit Salvador Perez which triggers Hinch to panic and puts in Will Harris who had been amazing all year but was starting to wear down having blown up game 2 already.  He gets out of the inning but then in the 8th inning he proceeds to give up 4 straight hits.  Hinch brings in Sipp who lets all 3 of the inherited runners in because of the Correa error.  This all of course happened after Abbot's infamous tweet congratulating the Astros on getting to the ALCS.

Worst day in this state's baseball history.  I had a class that finished at 3pm.  At about 2:30, I checked scores on my phone for the last time and the Astros led 6-2.  By the time the Astros' game was over, the Rangers were down something like 7-0.  

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Worst day in this state's baseball history.  I had a class that finished at 3pm.  At about 2:30, I checked scores on my phone for the last time and the Astros led 6-2.  By the time the Astros' game was over, the Rangers were down something like 7-0.  

Yeah most definitely we really should have had an all TX ALCS in 2015 with the Rangers going up 2-0 after the first two games in Toronto and the Astros should have been up 2-0 against KC but blew game 2.  They recovered and had it all but wrapped up until Hinch melted the bullpen down in game 4.  Can you imagine how much vitriol would have been spewed had that come to fruition?  With as badly as the Rangers had the Astros number in 2015 it likely would have resulted in the Rangers in the World Series.