2019 MLB thread

spystud13

Incredible pitching matchup in KC tonight.

f28a78199a54e911738ac10bc79e09ed.jpg

Here is your schadenfruede game watching guide for tonight:

A’s/ O’s: 6pm Central. Davis should have tied the hitless streak by 7pm at which time you can flip over to:

Mariners/Royals: 7pm Central. See if either Felix or Homer can make it out of the third (they won’t) at which time you can flip over to:

Red Raiders/Cavaliers: 8pm Central. See if either team can break 50. (Total O/U 117.5).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Incredible pitching Mariners/Royals: 7pm Central. See if either Felix or Homer can make it out of the third (they won’t) at which time you can flip over to:

Red Raiders/Cavaliers: 8pm Central.

Alright, I’ve got $20 with a buddy that one will be gone by actual tip time. Sea/KC is 7:15, hoops is 8:20, gonna need a long national anthem. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

His is absolutely unconscious.  The talk out here is whether to buy out his (and Seager's) arbitration years with long term deals like the Braves gave Acuna.  We have a lot of dough coming off the books after this season.  I think we should.

are you guys still paying darren dreifort?

• Haha 1

Chris Davis now 0 for 49.

Ford and Sparks announced when he tied the record saying things like, "Poor guy." Except he's not poor. He's getting paid millions to be this bad. He's crying all the way to the bank. And not the local branch bank that you and I plebs go to, the big one where they give you gold toasters for opening an account.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Chris Davis now 0 for 49.

Ford and Sparks announced when he tied the record saying things like, "Poor guy." Except he's not poor. He's getting paid millions to be this bad. He's crying all the way to the bank. And not the local branch bank that you and I plebs go to, the big one where they give you gold toasters for opening an account.

Counts $21 million against the cap this year, still has almost $100 million on his contract

Why do the Orioles always suck?

Edited by pacman

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

Why would he agree to that? He’s fully guaranteed, zero incentive to take a penny less. 

it's like the lotto when you get a certain amount up front.  it's gotta be worth it, right?

i mean, i get that wind energy is the wave of the future, but there's gotta be a limit...

11 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Why would he agree to that? He’s fully guaranteed, zero incentive to take a penny less. 

I bet they could leverage some emotional issue with him.  Tie an immediate retirement with a restructured contract that somehow saves them a few million.  We will allow you to be put out of misery, or we will keep trotting you out there having the world hate you.  It's not like you are costing us a playoff spot.  In fact, your horribleness increases our draft position.