2019 MLB thread

spystud13

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

@Goo Punch Didn't you know this guy or something? Swear I remember you talking about him a lot before. I've long considered RAB the best independent online blog about an MLB team because they always put out content like this. Unfortunately the owner is shutting down the site after 12 years at the end of April. 

The hidden glory of Greg Golson

Yep, he went to Pflugerville Connally. He was built like a UT safety and is one of the best athletes i've ever known. definitely could have been a football star if he'd wanted to.real five tool player. super fast with a cannon arm. ran a Tom Moss-like 6.25 60-yard sprint. never worked out though, like so many others before him. That said he'll always have this: 

edit: lol, this entire post is essentially a word-for-word recap of the first paragraph of the link. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Chris Davis finally got his hit. 2 run single in the first inning against Boston. 

Edit: haha he was asking for the ball on first base like it was his first hit. Good for him man. 

Just drove in another with a double to raise his average to a smoking .056.

After watching the Yanks and White Sox combine for 15 runs last night, in a constant downpour the entire game, the White Sox get one hit today in CC's season debut. Nice to see a really cool guy like CC have a good start to his final year. Going to miss watching him pitch in the Bronx. 

Bullpen had a great last four innings. It's always fun to see Chapman pitch as well. I can't imagine stepping into the batter's box and facing him.

Edited by UpperWestside

^ I like his bolded quote. 

“It’s a tough trend,” said Miller. "They acknowledge that it wasn’t fair. But I’m just a player. I go out there and play my hardest and play for the guys next to me.

Obviously, they don’t want the best guys up here. So I’m just trying to take it somewhere else and see what we’ve got.”

And more on the Miller move... 

The Indians signed Miller on March 24 after they declared that Lindor and Kipnis would open the season on the injured list. Miller was previously signed by the Dodgers on Feb. 27, but he was released on March 21. The Tribe knew it would have to make a decision between Miller, Eric Stamets and Max Moroff when Kipnis would rejoin the club. While Miller was one of just four Indians hitting at least .250 on the season, Stamets has hit .053 in 38 at-bats and Moroff is hitting .077 in 26 at-bats.

I know Stamets still has plenty of options. Miller could have faked SS until Lindor returns. 

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

dude you talk about a frozen rope...this coulda killed someone:

That game was on where I was picking up dinner last night. Sounded like they had a microphone in everyone's bat, it was absurd. Every foul ball sounded like it had a 120mph exit velocity. Is that the thing now?

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That game was on where I was picking up dinner last night. Sounded like they had a microphone in everyone's bat, it was absurd. Every foul ball sounded like it had a 120mph exit velocity. Is that the thing now?

i noticed that the other night too. i'm hoping it's not the new thing. i like it when the sound of the bat tells me about the hit.