2019 MLB thread

spystud13

Good job, idiot. 

L.A. Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias -- a rising star in the organization -- was arrested for domestic violence Monday night ... TMZ Sports has learned. 

The 22-year-old was arrested at 9:30 PM in Los Angeles after an incident at the Beverly Center, an upscale shopping area. 

We're told a witness called cops claiming Urias was in the parking lot arguing with a female companion and shoved her to the ground. 

Cops responded and spoke with the woman, who denied anything physical took place ... and insisted it was nothing more than a heated verbal argument.  

However, sources connected to the situation tell us ... witnesses were adamant they saw Urias push the woman and video from the scene appeared to back up the witness accounts.

Urias was arrested and transported to a nearby station where he was booked for misdemeanor domestic battery. 

He spent the night behind bars and bailed out early Tuesday morning after posting $20,000 bail. 

The left-hander made his MLB debut in 2016 when he was 19 years old. He missed a lot of time over the last couple of years due to injuries but he's been on fire in 2019, winning 2 games and saving 2 games for the 1st place Dodgers so far this season.

This is even worse than KC’s backtracking. On Sunday, again two whole days ago, Travis Shaw said this... 

Shaw called Sunday’s batting practice session “phenomenal” and one of his best all season, giving him reason for hope that he can move past his early-season struggles.

Less than 48 hours later, he is being fake IL’d with a wrist “injury” (not to mention a blistering .548 OPS) so they can promote their stud prospect Keston Hiura. 

15 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

This is even worse than KC’s backtracking. On Sunday, again two whole days ago, Travis Shaw said this... 

Less than 48 hours later, he is being fake IL’d with a wrist “injury” (not to mention a blistering .548 OPS) so they can promote their stud prospect Keston Hiura. 

Hiura gonna win batting titles.  333/408/698(!!!) at San Antonio (extreme hitter's park) this year.

Josh Bell and Musgrove teaming up for quite the night so far in Arizona

Bell HR #1 exit velo 110; 446 to smack dab straight away center

Not good enough

Bell HR #2 exit velo 111; 460 waaaay over the pool in right center

Yes, 906 feet of home runs tonight

Musgrove: 7 IP, 1 hit

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

Fucking lame they didn't let Sale go for 21.  They deserved to lose for pulling him.

The problem with that many Ks is pitch count.  The Kerry Wood out front shoulda told ya.  

With Sale’s shoulder issues last year, you can’t blame Cora for yanking him at over 100 pitches.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I'm going to throw out some CF names, i want you guys to rank them as center fielders- so as fielders only:

Pillar

Kiermeier

Almora Jr

Laureano

Buxton

Cain

JBJ

Trout 

This is impossible to do.  The best CFers are the guys who have the most range, not the guys who make the most diving catches or the homer robberies (hey to Spy's boy Adam Jones).  The best CFers I've ever seen were Devon White and Garry Maddox.  I don't remember either making incredible plays, but if the ball was in the air anywhere towards CF, the batter was going to be out and they'd make it look routine.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

This is impossible to do.  The best CFers are the guys who have the most range, not the guys who make the most diving catches or the homer robberies (hey to Spy's boy Adam Jones).  The best CFers I've ever seen were Devon White and Garry Maddox.  I don't remember either making incredible plays, but if the ball was in the air anywhere towards CF, the batter was going to be out and they'd make it look routine.

I mean i'm right there with you. I think that Kalani Napoleon was just as good in center as Drew Stubbs, even if he wasn't spectacular like Stubbs. Still, the guys I listed all have some combination of outstanding range, speed, anticipation, athleticism, and a pretty good arm. There's a whole lot of defensive center field talent out there right now. 

21 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I'm going to throw out some CF names, i want you guys to rank them as center fielders- so as fielders only:

Pillar

Kiermeier

Almora Jr

Laureano

Buxton

Cain

JBJ

Trout 

I would go with JBJ.  I think he is underrated as a CF.  His defensive numbers are diminished some due to the park he plays in, that wall takes away some plays from him.  It doesn't help that the other 2 OFs, Betts and Benintendi, are damn good OF in their own right thus reducing the spectacular plays he could be making in the gaps.

If Torres and Sanchez had 162 games against the Sally League Orioles they'd both hit a 100 homers. Then again a big chunk of players could pull that off as well. 

Domingo German has been a completely different starter this year as well. Did not see this level of improvement coming.