2019 MLB thread

spystud13

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Shouldn't today be one of those days where there has to be a full slate of games?

don't get me fucking started.

so far this season the st louis cardinals have been off on two fridays and now memorial day.

and the fridays weren't weird international travel related like the astros/angels earlier with the mexico games.

so dumb for the fans.

• Like 1

the last few years have been a real dickpunch for pedroia.

DUSTIN PEDROIA 2B, BOSTON RED SOX

Dustin Pedroia (knee) told the media Monday that he is "not sure" whether he'll be able to play again.

Pedroia was officially transferred to the 60-day injured list on Monday morning after suffering yet another setback with his surgically-repaired left knee in a rehab game Friday at Double-A Portland. "I'm at a point right now where I need some time," said the veteran second baseman. "That's what my status is ... It's to a point now where my knee is not allowing me to play every day. Time will give me the right answer on if I can do this." Pedroia, 35, is still owed around $36 million from the Red Sox on a contract that runs through 2021.

11 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Just barely misjudged

and he would have been out at home by a mile (or he wouldn't even have rounded third) if Grichuk had given *any* effort whatsoever after his mistake:

that kind of thing makes me irate as a coach. if i were i his manager i'd fine him and sit him the next game, very publicly. 

1 minute ago, spystud13 said:

Those dudes were as close to the ball as Grichuk. 

Are tweets playing for everyone else? Not working on iPad, more borkage. 

Yeah I don't know what the deal is with it.  Works on my phone, doesn't on the desktop