2019 MLB thread

spystud13

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How do rizzo, polanco, and bogaerts all have 1.5 war with their respective numbers?  Rounding?  PA difference?  Position?

17 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Defensive value. SS more valuable than 1B

I don’t know about Bogaerts, but Polanco has been a monster this year. AL leader in batting average with a 1.000 OPS before today. And Rizzo has been en fuego lately. 

Steve Garvey getting inducted into the Dodgers inaugural “Legends of Dodger Baseball” class.  The Dodgers only retire HOF numbers. I think Garvey should be in it.  He was far and away my favorite player as a kid.  Kimmel is inducting him.  The most enduring infield is there to be participate.  Lopes, Russell, and Cey.  That infield WAS my childhood.  Along with Yeager behind the plate.  He is one of those players that didn’t do anything spectacularly, but did everything great.  Holds the NL record for consecutive games played.  .294 career BA, .314 career playoff BA, 10 time All-Star.  Met him a couple of years ago and I was like a schoolgirl.  He looks like he’s about 2 years older than me, but he’s 70.  LOTS of Dodger haters on here, and that’s OK because I hate the Yankees with a passion, but respect the organization.  But Garvey is legit.  I hope others agree.

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Some of them give off that vibe, but there is a group of them who have been sitting there since the mid-90's. The roll call to begin every game is cool and the no way in hell we do the wave announcement because this isn't CITI Field is funny. Gardner has the funniest response to his roll call. The trash talk is incredible most of the time. Game 4 against Cleveland in 2017 was wild. The things said to Jay Bruce were so bad he would not repeat it after the game. He had 8 innings of continual Jay Bruce sucks chants (among many other things) that he actually acknowledged. You could hear it on TV from what I read. Love to go to another ballpark that does that. 

Edited by UpperWestside

29 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Garvey was a god back when batting average and fielding percentage were everything.

He also fucked a lot of women, so he's got that going for him.

He cheated on Cindy Garvey, who was hot AF.  And came out clean on the other side.  My man.

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Some of them give off that vibe, but there is a group of them who have been sitting there since the mid-90's. The roll call to begin every game is cool and the no way in hell we do the wave announcement because this isn't CITI Field is funny. Gardner has the funniest response to his roll call. The trash talk is incredible most of the time. Game 4 against Cleveland in 2017 was wild. The things said to Jay Bruce were so bad he would not repeat it after the game. He had 8 innings of continual Jay Bruce sucks chants (among many other things) that he actually acknowledged. You could hear it on TV from what I read. Love to go to another ballpark that does that. 

Oh yeah, that sounds awesome...I love going to baseball games to hear 9 innings of trash talk.  

giphy.gif'

yankees-fan-yanks-home-run-ball-away-fro

tenor.gif?itemid=8171468

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

If there is a more fun section to see a game at than 203 in the Bronx I would like to know about it. The Bleacher Creatures never disappoint no matter the outcome. 

That is the NFL section of baseball. Fuck them

• Like 2

Maybe you guys should stick to attending golf tourneys or something. Some people like watching sports at venues with actual character & atmosphere.
Character and atmosphere. The new Yankee stadium is a morgue and those people are lowest common denominator trash. But you do you.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Oh yeah, that sounds awesome...I love going to baseball games to hear 9 innings of trash talk.  

giphy.gif'

yankees-fan-yanks-home-run-ball-away-fro

tenor.gif?itemid=8171468

Fyi, the 1st gif isn’t in bleacher creature territory. It’s still hilarious & only butthurt ranger fans view it as some type of slight against Yankee fans.

Fyi, the 1st gif isn’t in bleacher creature territory. It’s still hilarious & only butthurt ranger fans view it as some type of slight against Yankee fans.

You don’t help your cause by pointing out the lack of class extends beyond a certain section. Not that this surprises anyone not a Yankees fan.

Sincerely,

Not a Rangers Fan

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Grant Brisbee wrote an entire column mocking those retards.  Brisbee is not a butthurt Ranger fan.  

I know it’s nothing compared to the old stadium but I can still appreciate the liveliness of the fans there. I’m lucky enough to have seen 1 game at the old stadium & 3 at the new one, so I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about.

This says a lot about Helobious. Been to 4 games and he’s an expert.

I’ve been watching a lot of twins games lately because of fantasy baseball. Man, when they get Nelson Cruz back and they go back to putting Marwin Gonzalez in a bench role giving guys days off here and there, they might have the best lineup in baseball 1-9. Pitching is meh (both starting and bullpen) but that lineup is stacked. I say that assuming Polanco, and Rosario keep it up, and I don’t see any reason they wouldn’t. Rosario isn’t hitting 40 hrs like he’s on pace to, but he had a solid year last year and he’s clearly a good hitter. 

Astros and Yankees lineup are more proven when healthy (at least the big boppers), but if anything Minnesota’s lineup is every bit as good. 

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Two years ago that would have been intentional on the part of the Padres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they are losing 3-0 to the marlins, and Trevor Richards has 6 k’s through 3 IP, so maybe you’re right haha. Back on now, though.

8 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Clint Frazier's 7th inning in right was LOL worthy. His first miscue was something you expect to see in little league. The guy can hit but he is horrific at taking good routes to the ball.

Definitely one of the worst innings I've seen a defensive player have in awhile.

This was exactly two days ago... 

Friday's outfield work is one example of how Judge is impacting the team outside of game action. Combining his work with Frazier's defensive work has let Judge advise Frazier on how to handle right field at Yankee Stadium, where Judge has been a more than capable defender.

"I'm liking what I'm seeing out there so far," Judge said. "We're talking back and forth. I've been out there a little bit in right field; I've played that wall a little bit. I just give him some tips on that, tips on his reads. Sometimes the media can be a tough thing -- you make a couple of errors and everybody hops on you and says you've got bad defense. But really, his first initial reads are never bad, and that's what I try to preach to him: ‘Hey man, trust your instincts, you're an athlete.'"

Boone was happy to see Judge and Frazier working together and said Frazier is getting better.

"To Frazier's credit, he's worked really hard," Boone said. "Even though he's had some mistakes out there, and some drops and whatnot, some of the things we're seeing with him are really encouraging. From a first step, and just becoming a better overall outfielder, we feel he's made a lot of strides in that area."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

The twins have the largest lead over 2nd in baseball...by 2.5 games

Up 11.5 on ChiSox and Cleveland

Also, I’m tired of the Twins. They can fade anytime now.

You might as well get used to them. Cleveland ain’t catching them. Not with that trash ass lineup. Easily the worst division in baseball.