2019 MLB thread

spystud13

hilarious.

so i always hear ranger fans bitch about specific players just killing them.

how does this compare to khris davis or one of those?  didn't tim salmon used to have some ridiculous history against texas too?

for the astros, only pujols comes to mind because of the league change.  there were definitely a few back in the nl.  ron gant, i'm looking in your direction.

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I'd guess Jake Marisnick may be the first player in mlb history to ground into a triple play, double play, and K in the same game.

Prove me wrong.

jake also assisted in a double play from the outfield.

that combination has to be rare.

where you at, elias?

10 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

I know there was some MLBer that grounded into a TP in his only AB. That would suck. 

i played in an alumni game last summer.  i hadn't faced live pitching in 18 years.  first AB, men on 1st and 2nd, no outs.  i lined one to the 1b who for some reason was holding on the runner and he turned a 3-6 triple play.  

• Like 1

several years ago i went to my nephew's coach pitch league game in atlanta, and his team's ss had an unassisted triple play.  he caught a liner, and all the coaches and fans started yelling at him telling him what to do as he ran around and tagged everyone.

it went viral, got on the news, and someone linked it on the shag.

i was like, oh, i was at that game.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i played in an alumni game last summer.  i hadn't faced live pitching in 18 years.  first AB, men on 1st and 2nd, no outs.  i lined one to the 1b who for some reason was holding on the runner and he turned a 3-6 triple play.  

What moron was at 2nd that didn’t get back before the catch and throw all the way from first?  Mr 60 foot secondary lead?

Since we’re telling stories... Charity softball tourney, champ game, bases loaded, no outs, down 3. I’m RH, but usually go oppo. Tall mother fucking lefty 1B knows me, so he’s playing in. I hit a one-hopper right the fuck at him, he spins behind him & tags runner from 1st, steps on 1B bag, throws runner from 3rd out at home on tag.  3-2 TP that may have taken 3 seconds. Sickest thing I’ve ever seen. 

If there has has ever been a 3-2 TP in MLB history, I would love to fucking see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

hilarious.

how does this compare to khris davis or one of those?  didn't tim salmon used to have some ridiculous history against texas too?

for the astros, only pujols comes to mind because of the league change.  there were definitely a few back in the nl.  ron gant, i'm looking in your direction.

Jose Valentin used to crush Cubs pitching and then do the Sammy Sosa HR celebration every time. Fucking hated that guy. 

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so are we not gonna talk about gleyber torres?  he has 10 homers vs baltimore this season and it's may 22.

he's 20-41 overall vs the o's in 2019.

I saw a few of those 10 in person. The three in the doubleheader last week was cool. I said last week he'd hit a 100 against them if that was the only team he played all year. Torres is fun to watch and he's still so young. He has been the most consistent Yankee hitter over the last year. 

hilarious.

Chris Young used to kill the Astros as well

Chris Young used to kill the Astros as well 

Triggered.......

Jim Edmonds is another one for me that always seemed to be a pita.

Looked it up and averaged a homer every 4th start against the Astros in his career. Slash line of

.283/.379/.563

Edit: turns out Chris Young had virtually half the numbers of starts that Edmonds had vs the Astros (64 to 122) and “on pace” numbers nearly identical.

15 HR vs 31.

15 2B vs 28.

.310/.372.563

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Triggered.......

Jim Edmonds is another one for me that always seemed to be a pita.

Looked it up and averaged a homer every 4th start against the Astros in his career. Slash line of

.283/.379/.563

Edit: turns out Chris Young had virtually half the numbers of starts that Edmonds had vs the Astros (64 to 122) and “on pace” numbers nearly identical.

15 HR vs 31.

15 2B vs 28.

.310/.372.563

Yeah Youngs #s against the Astros compared to the rest of the teams is pretty funny because even though he has 15,18 etc homers against other teams they were over a course of like 200 more ABs against those teams.  

*cool story bro time

My buddy and I were standing in home run alley behind the Crawford boxes about 6 years ago and Young blasted a homer over the boxes and into the alley (which rarely happens because it typically hits above the boxes).  My buddy runs over to it and corners the ball up against the wall and is able to grab it.  He comes back to me and is like "wooo look I got the ball"  I immediately look at him and tell him throw that shit back (which I admit is kind of a lame but whatever).  He launches it back in and almost hits Villar at SS.  Only homer me or anyone I know has ever gotten.   Story time over.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

hilarious.

So apparently the major league record for hrs by a single player vs one team in a season is 12. He has 10 hrs against them, and they play the orioles 7 more times this year. 

So apparently the major league record for hrs by a single player vs one team in a season is 12. He has 10 hrs against them, and they play the orioles 7 more times this year. 

Meanwhile, I read this and think “Yankees are 14 game over .500 and have played the Orioles 12 times . Hmm”
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Meanwhile, I read this and think “Yankees are 14 game over .500 and have played the Orioles 12 times . Hmm”

And that’s fair. It’s one reason they have that record. But when you don’t have your:

#1 or #2 starters (severino and Paxton)

your MVP LF (Stanton)

your all star RF (judge)

your all star SS (Didi)

your starting CF (hicks)

your starting 3B (andujar)

your all star catcher for a huge chunk of the season (Sanchez)

and your main setup guy (betances)

yet you’re still tied with the best team in the AL in the loss column, it’s impressive no matter how you slice it. I might even be missing someone. They have a makeshift lineup right now. Look I hate the Yankees as much as you do lol, but credit where it’s due. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Not MLB, but just an awful way to lose a baseball game. Also, didn’t we win the series against LSU earlier this year? If so, how lol?

Not just won, we swept them.  Played at home and we (they) were much better (worse) in the beginning of the season, but we (they) tanked (improved) as shitty (solid) teams tend to do.