2019 MLB thread

spystud13

20 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

This is fucking sick, click the time if it doesn’t play. Pillar who? 

It looked like the seams on that ball were coming undone off the bat. jonathan davis was probably thinking, "this ball is falling away from me" before he made that spectacular catch. playing CF like that is so badass. he's got the life. 

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Almora has missed two easier catches this series....tonight and one monday

Overrated

one bad night does not erase an entire career of absolutely spectacular defense. Javy is easily our best/most exciting defensive player, but Almora is easily no.2. he's super legit in CF. probably the best defensive CF we've had in my lifetime, and we did have Corey Patterson for a spell. 

I’ll never understand people that can’t protect themselves or won’t be paying attention sitting in certain areas of the park. 

Obviously I know basically nothing about this particular incident, but in general.  I at least hope the dad had thought about this and sat between her and the action so he at least had a chance to stop a ball, even if it didn’t work out this time. 

I’ll never understand people that can’t protect themselves or won’t be paying attention sitting in certain areas of the park. 
Obviously I know basically nothing about this particular incident, but in general.  I at least hope the dad had thought about this and sat between her and the action so he at least had a chance to stop a ball, even if it didn’t work out this time. 

Maybe watch the video before you show your stupidity?
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Certain parts of the park, it doesn't matter how attentive you are, those balls can get up on you quickly. My uncle used to have season  tickets right behind the 1st base dugout at the Texas Rangers and I have sat there quite a few times. Even paying attention the whole time, my uncle had to save us a few times with his glove he used to bring as well as a few others in that section. Some people don't realize how fast those balls are coming off the bat into the stands. I prefer not to sit in those seats anymore. Great view but it's not relaxing for me any longer. I think there's a net that runs down that portion of the park now, though.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:38 AM, Beau Vine said:

My favorite piece of classical music:

though not as easy to find, i always enjoyed the opening jingle as well.  always playing in the background until mel allen said, "all this and more....on this week...in baseball."

the ending song, while brilliant, triggered such a sad feeling in me, because i knew it was the longest possible wait until the next twib.

Top Batters in May per FG

AL:

1) Trout (LAA), .275/.427/.604, 1.8 WAR

t2) Polanco (MIN), .355/.427/.552, 1.5 WAR

t2) Bogaerts (BOS), .314/.400/.552, 1.5 WAR

t4) Bregman (HOU), .260/.363/.635, 1.4 WAR

t4) Devers (BOS), .351/.380/.640, 1.4 WAR

NL:

1) Arenado (COL), .425/.479/.783, 2.1 WAR (good lord)

t2) Bell (PIT), .390/.442/.797(!), 1.8 WAR

t2) Bryant (CHC), .333/.443/.719, 1.8 WAR

4) Rizzo (CHC), .355/.435/.688, 1.5 WAR

5) Story (COL), .309/.382/.609, 1.4 WAR