2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

oh fuck off dude.

you're posting someone else's pic of a 12 year old making a lewd gesture.

i told you i would neg rep until you stopped, and you haven't stopped.

you want to go to war on this?  my side is bigger than yours.

(so far i see 3 neg reps on random posts i've made)

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

oh fuck off dude.

Stop whining.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You neg repped it the year we didn’t win the WS so you continue neg repping it this year?  Makes a lot of sense. 

it was originally posted the year we won (i think?).  then last year, when it was posted, i was done with it.  so were lots of others.  i said i would neg-rep it anytime i saw it, and i'm a man of my word.

it's a stupid picture.  i'm down with luck and superstition, but this is neither.

The Round Rock Express power surge continues. Kyle Tucker and Myles Straw hit 2 run bombs today.

Ready to see it live.
Can’t imagine a minor league vibe getting much better than tomorrow. Home opener of your 20th season but 1st with the Astros in 9 years.
Whitley on the mound with that firepower behind him

30 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Ready to see it live.
Can’t imagine a minor league vibe getting much better than tomorrow. Home opener of your 20th season but 1st with the Astros in 9 years.
Whitley on the mound with that firepower behind him

I live in Austin, but I've been boycotting them since they stopped being an Astros farm team. Hopefully I'll get to go to a few this season. 

oh fuck off dude.
Just enjoy the games you fag. I'm not an easy target like some drunk mid on a creep rape bus

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

oh fuck off dude.

I got the same treatment. He actually had the nerve to neg rep my post of the picture of Julia and  LilShep. That alone should be enough to initiate mob justice.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Can we ban both sides of this debate? WTF

I’m tired of this bullshit and have decided to just block Cosmi instead of continuing the fight. He adds nothing to the conversation. I imagine at least 1/2 of his whopping 144 posts are that disgusting photo or related to it. He will join his butt buddy, Fudge Nuggets, on my ignore list and my season will be more enjoyable as a result. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

it's an unfunny pic the third time you've seen it and doesn't add anything to the thread, but I'm not going to neg rep or bitch about it either. just ignore it. it's dumb. 

I laughed the first time I saw it.  Now it's about as funny as my boss saying, "Hey, did we wake ya?!" to every person as they come in every single god damned morning.

Edited by TexArcher

8 hours ago, rvm96 said:

I live in Austin, but I've been boycotting them since they stopped being an Astros farm team. Hopefully I'll get to go to a few this season. 

The last Express game I attended was when OKC rolled through Round Rock shortly before George got the call to the bigs. There was a time when the Express tried to maintain an identity somewhat separate from their parent organization, but that wasn't 2014. The Dell Diamond was sickening that year, a gaudy display of Rangers shit everywhere. The previous RR administrations never gorgled Astros ballsacs like the Rangers bukkaking they had going those years. 

Thank goodness all is right with the world again and the Express are back where they belong. 

32 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

It's going to take something special, like a comeback win against the vaunted Yankees bullpen, for that to happen. 

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I laughed the first time I saw it.  Now it's about as funny as my boss saying, "Hey, did we wake ya?!" to every person as they come in every single god damned morning.

Doesn't help that it isn't cropped efficiently. It's a dumb picture now, but we have some dumb people that will want to post it. 

• Fuck You 1

PETER SOLOMON SP, HOUSTON ASTROS

Astros RHP prospect Peter Solomon struck out 11 hitters over 4 2/3 innings while allowing two runs for High-A Fayetteville on Monday.

Solomon allowed six hits -- one a homer -- and he walked one to go with the 11 punchouts. The 22-year-old was a fourth-round pick out of Notre Dame in 2017, but it's worth pointing out that coming into his junior year, he was viewed as a potential first-round pick. He touches 97 mph with his fastball, and he has two unique breaking-balls that consistently show above-average. The change and command are both below-average, but they only need to reach that 50-grade for him to be a starter. If not, Solomon could be an excellent reliever. He could help the Astros' pitching staff in the next two years.

8 minutes ago, mycox said:

Looks like Orbit is about to go to court for breaking someone's finger with his t-shirt cannon.

i'm no lawyer, but i would think the team would pay for her medical procedure and not much else.  i would also think whatever fine print on a ticket that absolves the team of liability from foul balls, also would cover t-shirt canon injuries.  or if it didn't, it probably does now.

love that the lawsuit covers loss of earnings, both in the past and future.

"she'll never play golf again."

(just found her on twitter.  she's an aggie.  story checks out.)

• Haha 1

Please put me on this jury so i can laugh at this broad for suing because she doesnt know how to catch.

I guess i should sue Bregman for the foul ball of his that i caught that bruised my hand. Maybe 3 mil for mental anguish. And diamond club seats for life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Please put me on this jury so i can laugh at this broad for suing because she doesnt know how to catch.

I guess i should sue Bregman for the foul ball of his that i caught that bruised my hand. Maybe 3 mil for mental anguish. And diamond club seats for life.

a fucking rolled up t-shirt.  made presumably from cotton.  it's not like some high exit velo foul ball or homer.

• Like 1