2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

so a few days ago on the astros instagram or someplace, i saw #takeitback like i had dozens of times before.  but for some reason, in my head, instead of an angry "let's take back the fucking championship" voice, i heard it in a whiny child's voice.  like when two siblings are fussing at each other and one of them says something over-the-line mean, and the other one starts crying, and is like, "take it back!"

and now i can't hear it in my head any other way.

6 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I'm mostly not a huge Yuli fan because he isn't a good on-base guy (.324 career) - i.e., he makes a lot of outs, compounded by his propensity to hit into double plays. For a guy with mediocre power who provides mediocre defense, that's not very good. If he was a more disciplined hitter and drew more walks, I'd be a bigger fan. 

Don't get me wrong - he's an Astro and I hope he kicks ass; I just find him frustrating because he swings at too many bad pitches, which limits what he can do offensively. 

Those things are true, but he is also one of the better hitters in the league with runners in scoring position. 

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so a few days ago on the astros instagram or someplace, i saw #takeitback like i had dozens of times before.  but for some reason, in my head, instead of an angry "let's take back the fucking championship" voice, i heard it in a whiny child's voice.  like when two siblings are fussing at each other and one of them says something over-the-line mean, and the other one starts crying, and is like, "take it back!"

yes, thanks for that

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

ha, this is exacly how i've heard it in my head since it debuted on social media.