2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I am still amazed by Urquidy’s performance tonight. As the announcers correctly mentioned, Urquidy was in command of the game in a way none of the aces on either team were able to match. That was one of the all-time most clutch performances in Houston sports history, especially coming from a rookie. He lifted the team’s spirits and we are back now. He has earned the Charlie Morton honorific of “fucking” as his middle name. He is Jose Fucking Urquidy now.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

I am still amazed by Urquidy’s performance tonight. As the announcers correctly mentioned, Urquidy was in command of the game in a way none of the aces on either team were able to match. That was one of the all-time most clutch performances in Houston sports history, especially coming from a rookie. He lifted the team’s spirits and we are back now. He has earned the Charlie Morton honorific of “fucking” as his middle name. He is Jose Fucking Urquidy now.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Urquidy is so impressive. He will be available for game 7 if necessary as soon as Greinke is done.

Hell, Cole might be available in game 7 if necessary. I figure verlander would most likely be the only pitcher not available.  

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hell, Cole might be available in game 7 if necessary. I figure verlander would most likely be the only pitcher not available.  

Verlander would be available for a batter or two if needed.  They had him and Keuchel both warming up in the bullpen in Game 7 of the 2017 World Series, you know one day after Verlander went 6 innings in game 6.

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Verlander would be available for a batter or two if needed.  They had him and Keuchel both warming up in the bullpen in Game 7 of the 2017 World Series, you know one day after Verlander went 6 innings in game 6.

Yep, I remember. CFM had shit on lock down though

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1