2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

59 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also, another narrative.

"the yankees have missed so many opportunities and the astros are just getting the big hits and taking advantage and the yankees aren't."

forget the fact that pitching should be credited at least a little - the yankees offense has faced jv/cole/greinke + our 4 great bullpen arms in the past 3 games.  but it's not even accurate.  yeah, the astros had some smart baserunning in g3 that led to a sac fly and a passed ball - no hits with risp.  g4 we finally powered up and took advantage (homers and errors), but still are leaving a ton of guys on base.

Was bitching about this same narrative to co-workers this morning. 

TEAM LOB     NYY   HOU

Gm 1                7          2

Gm 2                 7         10

Gm 3                 9          10

Gm 4                10          8

Edited by Gourmand

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

He’s gonna look so perfect in pinstripes in a few years...
I’m just happy we get to see him dropping bombs against them for now

I'm not sure about that.  I have it on good authority that when he's compared to Didi, it's basically a push.

Edited by kevwun

25 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm not one to get oversensitive about lineups like the fox guys, but holy shit - brett gardner has made quite the journey thru that order from one day to the next, especially considering all our starters are righties.

has anyone ever hit 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 9th all in the same series?

The way he was making his point was pretty hilarious, but there was a point there. Boone's lineups are like he uses a dart board. Last night having Hicks hitting 3rd behind Judge made no sense. 

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

also, another narrative.

"the yankees have missed so many opportunities and the astros are just getting the big hits and taking advantage and the yankees aren't."

forget the fact that pitching should be credited at least a little - the yankees offense has faced jv/cole/greinke + our 4 great bullpen arms in the past 3 games.  but it's not even accurate.  yeah, the astros had some smart baserunning in g3 that led to a sac fly and a passed ball - no hits with risp.  g4 we finally powered up and took advantage (homers and errors), but still are leaving a ton of guys on base.

this is what the series looks like, and makes it tough to believe the astros are the team "getting the hits when it matters".

springer .118

bregman .182

yuli .063

yordan .067

correa .176

chirinos .000

get the entire fuck outta here with that nonsense.  they better hope we don't actually start to hit.  outside of altuve and uncle mike, we've basically been dormant.  still have a lower avg with risp this series than the yankees.

ok, i'm done now.

Lulz "Astros just got lucky"

EHIEZnIX4AEs0UE?format=jpg&name=medium

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

On the MLB Radio pre-game show were Jim Bowden and that guy whose voice sounds like he's playing My Little Pony with his daughter (Ryan Spilborghs?)  Both were raving about what a good job the HPU did and what a great strike zone he had. 

Maybe they were sitting in Bob Uecker's "great seats."

On 10/12/2019 at 9:18 PM, henrygandorf said:

last postseason, there was a pretty fucking good team that won 103 games and finished with the 2 seed.  then they swept their division series, and went on the road to win game 1 of the alcs convincingly, and everyone said they were unbeatable.

then they lost 4 straight to the red sox who won the world series.

settle fucking down.

3/4.

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I like these game intros that don't even fucking mention the Astros.  They might as well have aired the games on the YES network.

Haha, I recall how they specifically stated before the game 2 intro in Houston that they'd got a lot of complaints about the game 1 intro being mostly the Astros, but here's equal time (that g2 promo featured mostly the Yankees.)  I thought maybe they'd just alternate between teams for the intro, but of course nope.

Edited by clapclapclap