Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hunter Biden earned a shitload of foreign money in a job he wasn't at all qualified for specifically because his paymasters wanted influence. They weren't buying Hunter's expertise, they were buying influence. Did they get it? Maybe not, but that doesn't change the reality. A reality that many here and liberals in the media are desperate to pretend isn't reality.

The evidence that Joe got paid is scant. The evidence that Hunter's paymasters got something from Joe is also scant.

It's unacceptable regardless.

Joe Biden, who looks like he's going to be the next president, is not good enough for the office for a BUNCH of reasons, and potential graft is one of those many reasons. Our president should have ZERO foreign entanglements, past, present, or future.

Are Republican voters hypocritical sacks of shit? Yes.
Is Donald Trump exponentially worse? Yes.
Are the Trump kids exposed to 100x the foreign influence that Hunter ever was? Yes.
Can a person vote for Trump and still be considered someone worth listening to regarding ethics and morality? No.
Should people still vote for Biden in this specific circumstance? Sure (if their vote will matter).

But none of that changes the reality about Hunter Biden's "work" for Burisma, which is classic influence-peddling.

Get Trump out of office. Purge the Democratic party of ancient cronies and dynastic power.

Sorry man but this is a really dumb take

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

No one is trying to change your mind my good man. You’ve already admitted you would put a murderer in the White House.

Just stop. They will rationalize their hypocrisy and lack of integrity till the ends of days. 

Same folks that thought Kavanaugh drove a rape bus in college because the NYT said so.  Dove in with both feet for every outrageous claim made by the media for 4 years, like Trump pissing on dead soldiers graves. It would require they admit to themselves they have believed any negative story about a conservative regardless of how ridiculous or unverified. They still quote Charlottesville both sides, assuming no one can read for themselves. ......But a meth head, who knocked up a stripper and banged his dead brothers wife, well that’s just a bridge to far to believe. 

Just sit back and enjoy the gymnastics. 

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Just stop. They will rationalize their hypocrisy and lack of integrity till the ends of days. 

Same folks that thought Kavanaugh drove a rape bus in college because the NYT said so.  Dove in with both feet for every outrageous claim made by the media for 4 years, like Trump pissing on dead soldiers graves. It would require they admit to themselves they have believed any negative story about a conservative regardless of how ridiculous or unverified. They still quote Charlottesville both sides, assuming no one can read for themselves. ......But a meth head, who knocked up a stripper and banged his dead brothers wife, well that’s just a bridge to far to believe. 

Please tell us about rationalizing hypocrisy. Honestly I would love to hear you explain who is doing that and how they are doing it?

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

But a meth head, who knocked up a stripper and banged his dead brothers wife, well that’s just a bridge to far to believe. 

I believe that could have happened. Maybe likely happened. IDGAF wrt Biden’s candidacy

I also believe he had a no show job from a Ukrainian oligarch while his father was VP. It’s legal but stinks to high heaven. That would be a scandal if he were running against anyone but Trump. 

The idea that there are emails and texts (texts on a laptop?) that tie Joe Biden to pay for play with Ukraine and or China is ridiculous and should be treated as such. That would be Trump’s holy grail. No way The FBI could hide that from Barr; and no way Barr would keep that from Trump. If you buy into that you are fucking crazy

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Does it hurt to be this stupid?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Actually, we thought Kavanaugh was a rapist because a woman said he raped her.  

Ford's accusation was that Kavanaugh and his friend got on top of her and groped her and tried to take her clothes off. There was no rape accusation.

38 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sorry man but this is a really dumb take

Why? Is there any part of it that is wrong?

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

If Joe got money, he was a private citizen when he got it which is absolutely legal. Kinda like when GWB got paid by China to give a speech days after he stopped being President. 

you’re barking up the wrong tree. 

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Meh.

We have rules that address divesting and financial entanglements for certain government employees.  Those rules don't normally extend to children since there is an expectation that children should be able to lead their own life.  There are rules that act as guardrails against nepotism, against self-dealing between family members, and ensure disclosures when potential conflicts exists.  There is zero evidence any of these guardrails or rules were crossed.  That should be the end of discussion - but because of right-wing propaganda - folks but into the "controversy."

If folks want to expand our current system and increase prohibited activities when it comes to children, that is fair and there is a rule making process to make those kinds of things possible.  However, pushing manufactured right-wing propaganda isn't the way. 

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Living up to the name again. What an idiotic take. Sure, get rid of cronyism in politics. But this isn't it. You're literally saying Biden should be disqualified because someone can make up allegations of potential graft and not because anything actually happened. That is stupid. Really fucking stupid. People are always going to attempt to gain influence on those powers. The cleanest President ever is still going to have groups to try and do that. Their attempts are their crimes (although often not literally crimes). You can't impute those crimes on the person in power without some evidence that the attempts were actually successful and embraced by the person in power. 

I can guarantee you that your hero Bernie Sanders has had similar attempts to gain his influence. Would you really buy the argument that he should be disqualified because someone tried to gain his influence and not because they actually succeeded? 

@bad_teammate

All of these are reasons why it’s a dumb take.

37 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Yes, tell please explain to us hypocrisy as you feign outrage about foreign influence of our elected officials and nepotism. It would be best if you could do that all while ignoring that Trump has assets literally controlled by foreign nations and operatives and while ignoring that his children and their spouses have getting paid with tax payer money for positions they have no qualifications for. It would be an extremely illustrative example. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, the part that treated naked allegations of others attempting to court favor with a politician as that politician actually granting favors. Again, do you honestly think that nobody has attempted to gain influence with Bernie Sanders? Do you believe those attempts disqualify him from office? 

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I get that many of you think it’s clever to keep repeating hunter isn’t running for president but.......... the minimal amount of attention this is getting is because:

a) it’s relevant to the election that the son of the next potential president has a very checkered past that is amoral, criminal, and funded in part by a Ukrainian gas company, a Chinese military defense company, and who knows where else,

b) it’s both possible, and there is at least limited tangible evidence and witness testimony that part of that money went to Joe Biden which would be a major problem, (and yes some of this was while joe was in office)

c) Joe Biden has said multiple times he never had any involvement in his sons dealings or knew what was going on, which has turned out to be a lie,

d) it points out the hypocrisy of the media outlets and talking heads running with the Steele dossier, Kavanaugh accusations, Trump pee pee tape etc for months, but refuse to look into this for a day before claiming “But Russia!”, and refusing to cover it.

Now I fully understand some of the skepticism since the laptop hasn’t been fully verified etc, but it should be getting coverage by every mainstream news outlet until it’s either verified or not. As far as the witness testimony goes, the guy turned turned over his hard drives and phones. Is this all supposed to be some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy still?

And if we’re waiting for all of this to be 100% verified before reporting, maybe the media needs to be a little more consistent in doing that going forward.

now do this for the trump children!

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Every accusation is a confession. 

You support Donald trump. That means you are by definition a complete piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes, the part that treated naked allegations of others attempting to court favor with a politician as that politician actually granting favors.

Did I actually do that, though? Or are you just using hyperbole to address an argument you wish I had made instead of one I actually did.

Words I actually said:
The evidence that Joe got paid is scant. The evidence that Hunter's paymasters got something from Joe is also scant.

Again, do you honestly think that nobody has attempted to gain influence with Bernie Sanders?

Oh I'm sure a ton of people have, but that's not the question here.

The question here is: What kind of exposure might Joe have to influence because his screwed-up son, who he loves and is dedicated to, has god-knows-what hooks in him?

Might be zero. Might be a lot. I don't see any evidence for it, but by nature a lot of this stuff is done in such a way as to not leave evidence. My own personal belief is that there's not really much there there, but it shouldn't even be on the table.

Also, I'm flummoxed as to why "Dubya got rich after office, too!" is a defense here. First, Dubya is bad. Second, Dubya got paid off AFTER he left office. Joe is about to become the fucking president, so who did he make MILLIONS in speaking fees from? Are we seriously going to pretend that giving a guy millions of dollars personally and tens of millions in campaign contributions right before he becomes president is fine and cool?

Of course we are. We are in the age of nothing matters.

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Ford's accusation was that Kavanaugh and his friend got on top of her and groped her and tried to take her clothes off. There was no rape accusation.

So just attempted rape.  My bad.  Kavanaugh feels like 500 years ago at this point.  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

With several current cases pending at the moment w/respect to the WH and alleged rapes, it is probably easy for someone to get mixed up on particulars. However, I would agree that when possible, (out of concern for the plaintiffs/defendants) it's a good idea to do a quick info check.

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Did I actually do that, though? Or are you just using hyperbole to address an argument you wish I had made instead of one I actually did.

. . . 

My own personal belief is that there's not really much there there, but it shouldn't even be on the table.

That's exactly what you did. What else does "it shouldn't even be on the table" mean? What does "It's unacceptable regardless" mean? 

Like, it shouldn't be possible? How do you make things like that impossible? If, in your own words, "there's not really much there there," then why in god's name are you suggesting this is a reason why Biden shouldn't be qualified? 

I agree, actually peddling in foreign influence shouldn't happen. I don't see anyway of preventing foreign entities (or even local ones) from attempting it. So, why should their attempts be a mark against a politician unless the attempts were either invited or successful? 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That's exactly what you did. What else does "it shouldn't even be on the table" mean? What does "It's unacceptable regardless" mean? 

Like, it shouldn't be possible? How do you make things like that impossible? If, in your own words, "there's not really much there there," then why in god's name are you suggesting this is a reason why Biden shouldn't be qualified? 

I agree, actually peddling in foreign influence shouldn't happen. I don't see anyway of preventing foreign entities (or even local ones) from attempting it. So, why should their attempts be a mark against a politician unless the attempts were either invited or successful? 

He’s really really dumb and arrogant. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Watching conservatives feign concern over foreign influence while getting mad no one cares is almost orgasmic. Crack and hooker footjob orgasmic.

Do you think it would bother anyone if Joe Biden owed Russia $400 million?

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm not saying it happened, I'm saying it's a possibility.

If you are dismissing even the possibility you're trying too hard.

How do you make things like that impossible?

Don't run a guy who has questionable foreign entanglements. We had 400 other options. Seems... simple?

Obviously we are stuck with what we're stuck with for this election, but going forward our standard should be: Not even a sniff of foreign entanglement.

You're making a fairness argument, I guess, right? That it would be unfair to Joe if we considered him disqualified because his son was OBVIOUSLY involved in high-dollar foreign influence peddling?

Is it fair to Joe if he's squeaky clean he's just cursed with a fuckup son who was happy to take a job whose obvious purpose was to compromise his father? No.

Do I care? No. Deserve's got nothing to do with it. I can believe Joe, but this is a lot bigger than what I, a lifelong Democratic voter, can be convinced of.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Don't run a guy who has questionable foreign entanglements. We had 400 other options. Seems... simple?

Obviously we are stuck with what we're stuck with for this election, but going forward our standard should be: Not even a sniff of foreign entanglement.

You're making a fairness argument, I guess, right? That it would be unfair to Joe if we considered him disqualified because his son was OBVIOUSLY involved in high-dollar foreign influence peddling?

Is it fair to Joe if he's squeaky clean he's just cursed with a fuckup son who was happy to take a job whose obvious purpose was to compromise his father? No.

Do I care? No. Deserve's got nothing to do with it. I can believe Joe, but this is a lot bigger than what I, a lifelong Democratic voter, can be convinced of.

Except he doesn’t have questionable foreign entanglements. Which is the point 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

you're never going to get bt pinned down.  he's slytheryn.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Except he doesn’t have questionable foreign entanglements. Which is the point 

Obviously this is the question. I'm inclined to believe that Burisma got nothing from Hunter in return for millions of dollars, but it's not inconceivable to believe otherwise since... that was the entire purpose of them giving him money. That doesn't mean it's beyond question or beyond reason.

And... who was paying Joe tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches? Why can't we know that?

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Obviously this is the question. I'm inclined to believe that Burisma got nothing from Hunter in return for millions of dollars, but it's not inconceivable to believe otherwise since... that was the entire purpose of them giving him money. That doesn't mean it's beyond question or beyond reason.

And... who was paying Joe tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches? Why can't we know that?

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The president of the United States has been spending thousands of tax payers dollars (or is it millions now?) at his private properties. Essentially using the presidency for his own financial benefit. 

But please tell me more about your concern about Biden being paid for speeches.

sarcastic samantha bee GIF

• Like 1

Just now, thepop said:

The president of the United States has been spending thousands of tax payers dollars (or is it millions now?) at his private properties. Essentially using the presidency for his own financial benefit. 

But please tell me more about your concern about Biden being paid for speeches.

sarcastic samantha bee GIF

B_T is every bit as bad as maga. Ignorant, totally emotionally unstable. The simple truth is, your hard core Bernie bros aren’t much different than a hardcore trumper. They just blame different people for why they’re such a loser.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Is there ever going to be an acceptable motive or time to offer a criticism of President Joe Biden? Or is he, like Donald to MAGA people, infallible?

Yea when there is a reason to provide criticism. Not when there is bullshit. You are peddling bullshit. Period

I have criticized him and didn’t want him to win. But he did. And when he does something worthy of scorn I will scorn him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hunter Biden earned a shitload of foreign money in a job he wasn't at all qualified for specifically because his paymasters wanted influence. They weren't buying Hunter's expertise, they were buying influence. Did they get it? Maybe not, but that doesn't change the reality. A reality that many here and liberals in the media are desperate to pretend isn't reality.

It's unacceptable regardless.

Joe Biden, who looks like he's going to be the next president, is not good enough for the office for a BUNCH of reasons, and potential graft is one of those many reasons. Our president should have ZERO foreign entanglements, past, present, or future.

Are Republican voters hypocritical sacks of shit? Yes.
Is Donald Trump exponentially worse? Yes.
Are the Trump kids exposed to 100x the foreign influence that Hunter ever was? Yes.
Can a person vote for Trump and still be considered someone worth listening to regarding ethics and morality? No.
Should people still vote for Biden in this specific circumstance? Sure (if their vote will matter).

But none of that changes the reality about Hunter Biden's "work" for Burisma, which is classic influence-peddling.

Get Trump out of office. Purge the Democratic party of ancient cronies and dynastic power.

So if the Hunter stuff isn’t a criticism of joe, what was the point of this post?

And now you’re moving the goalposts from your original point. First it was Burisma now it’s paid speeches.

Edited by hobbes2702

36 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Dude, do you honestly believe that it is impossible that some foreign entity tried to influence Bernie Sanders? Do you think he is immune to allegations of that? This argument is dumb. 

Other possible things:

• Biden is really an alien from planet Glarsnock 7
  • Trump has actually been anointed by God to be President
  • Trump is actually battling an international ring of pedophiles headed by the Democratic party
  • BT could rethink his completely irrational position.

I mean, none of things have or apparently will happen. But they aren't "impossible," whatever the fuck that means.  

No one is dismissing the possibility of foreign influence being an issue. We're saying, as everyone with a brain should, that you need fucking evidence of it.

Me: Bernie Sanders received money from China. 

BT: This thing shouldn't be possible. Bernie Sanders should be running for office. 

Everyone else: That is dumb, there is no evidence to backup Dahobbs' claim. 

BT: But, you can't ignore that it is possible. 

Everyone else: What the fuck are you talking about? 

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden