Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

It's amazing that Trump has uncovered the three biggest scandals in political history (her emails, Obama sabotaging him, Hunter Biden) and his own hand-picked crony attorney general has put forth exactly zero effort to prosecute anyone involved in any of the three hugest scandals ever. 

These fools are on here wanting the media to run with these tabloid conspiracies and the president who created them won't even prosecute them. How embarrassing for those like Enchubben and ChickenSandwich who think they deserve to be taken seriously in this discussion.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I hate Putin but goddamn this guy can troll:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-putin-idUSKBN27A0TA

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Good summary....and that’s pretty much my entire takeaway from the entire Hunter Biden saga that team Trump is so desperately trying to make happen.

Hunter, a dude with addiction issues and likely an unsavory sexual history, traded on the family name for cash...so, garden-variety unsavory stuff in the world of the well-connected. Nothing remotely firm or reliable showing that Joe was on the take with respect to any of it.

I mean, if we want to rant about how the well-connected get a shitload of unearned advantages from the family name, sure, ok, let’s have that conversation. But understand that folks who have sold their souls to support a man who, as president, has made his completely unqualified children and son in law senior US officials, need to sit the fuck down and SHUT. THE FUCK. UP. You don’t get to participate in that conversation. You spent four years destroying that privilege. So fuck right off.

i think on january 21st, joe should name hunter secretary of state.

it would be worth it for the head explosions alone.

and he'd still probably be better than pompeo.

• Like 1

It might be well worth it to extricate from the specific Biden accusations/disinfo/factual evidence the discussion about the various types of media, corporations, the idea of  'gatekeepers', and censorship and either start a specific thread if one doesn't already exist or resurrect an old one. Going forward we've always been playing catch-up to technology and human behavior and it's not going away so we're going to have to deal with it.

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It might be well worth it to extricate from the specific Biden accusations/disinfo/factual evidence the discussion about the various types of media, corporations, the idea of  'gatekeepers', and censorship and either start a specific thread if one doesn't already exist or resurrect an old one. Going forward we've always been playing catch-up to technology and human behavior and it's not going away so we're going to have to deal with it.

Nobody is actually interested in talking about tech companies refusing to help spread disinformation. That’s their “ethics in gaming journalism” cover.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hate Putin but goddamn this guy can troll:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-putin-idUSKBN27A0TA

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.

Donny is panicking now that his one way ticket to Moscow on Jan 21 just got cancelled. 

28 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Nobody is actually interested in talking about tech companies refusing to help spread disinformation. That’s their “ethics in gaming journalism” cover.

I believe that. Pity, as the consolidation of local broadcast stations, media websites, and print has been an ongoing undercurrent during the last decade but has accelerated during the last four years and is being aided by the economic downturn. We have stations with foreign influence, stations that appear local but are actual not, 'news' outlets that require substantial detective work to determine ownership, etc. That doesn't include the social media big players with respect to Twitter, Facebook, Parler, YouTube, etc.

And even worse than all these emails, laptops and oil & gas money — 225,000 people have died on Joe’s watch due to a pandemic response that was more aimed at improving his election chances than protecting the health of Americans.

*checks notes*

Oh, wait, sorry... that was, er, President Trump... who has had 225,000 people die on his watch due to a pandemic response that was more aimed at improving his election chances than protecting the health of Americans.

So, uh.... maga?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem is the Enchubbens of the world can't really support the assertion with much actual concrete evidence. It's about feelings, not facts. That's why you see the "drop in and disappear" posts where they don't stick around to defend their claims.
You can't really have a thread about feelings. Well, you can, but it'll end up like the Eyes or the Riots threads which are two of the worst on this site.
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I agree the Hunter Biden deal is BS and frankly nepotism is rampant everywhere, but you really cannot compare his experiences with these folks. He had nowhere near the chops of these people when he was awarded his position.

I have no idea what the issue is. Private companies are allowed to hire whomever they want for whatever reason they want and, likewise, private citizens are allowed to take whatever positions private companies offer to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I have no idea what the issue is. Private companies are allowed to hire whomever they want for whatever reason they want and, likewise, private citizens are allowed to take whatever positions private companies offer to them. 

Totally agree. I don't see an issue beyond one of general day to day nepotism.

This kind of stuff happens all the fucking time. Outside of nepotism there is just general networking as well. It is the reason people join country clubs and send their kids to private schools, to build a network for themselves and their families (and because they don't want blacks around, but that is different issue) in order to support their current and future endeavors.

This is a giant nothing burger and again unless they can show where Pappa Joe did a "guns for oil" type deal because of this it means jack shit.

15 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Essentially, Molloy says it better than I ever could and more succinctly. Tabloid going to tabloid, though.

That comes nowhere close to addressing Taibbi's entire article.  To use reductionist messaging by calling him 'tabloid' is on point for blue check maga.

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Although it’s a uuuuuuge nothing berder, it’s all they have.

12 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I agree and it's funny I was going to say it could be comparable for a mid size company to look at him for a board spot. I will say if his last name wasn't Biden it wouldn't have been a remote possibility. I voted for his dad and to me this is nothing but standard "day to day" nepotism. You see this everywhere and in lots of industries. IDMAS.

Unless someone can show categorically that Big Biden was on the take somehow this is a total non-issue and just part of life.

This.

And the irony of Trumpkins suddenly being concerned about nepotism and shady business dealings is, well, completely predictable.  

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

cursed with a fuckup son who was happy to take a job

you just described probably 20-30% of privileged white families in the US with fuckup sons getting work.  Mind you this "fuckup son" has a fucking JD from Yale.  Compare that to trump's offspring - jr. with a BS in economics and Eric with a degree in finance and management and your argument that hunter's position is solely because they want to influence his father and I can't help but laugh.  I'd say little Biden is easily more qualified for board positions.

• Hook 'Em 1

We are all, ostensibly, educated men. Can we please stop talking about the Ivies like they aren't finishing schools for the children of the wealthy and powerful? They are other things, as well, of course, but "UH HE WENT TO YALE/HARVARD/ETC" only impresses me when it's some kid who grew up in the dirt.

Stop trying to sell Hunter Biden as something he's not.

Very soon the Trumps will be gone and mass media oddities and we will have a world to manage without them in power. Call me a bootstraps conservative, but we should be overtly hostile to nepotism. We should shame the powerful when they use their connections (either actively or passively) to enable a consequence-free lifestyle for their families borrowing our power. Joe Biden is responsible for thousands and thousands of men rotting in prison for drug use while his son bungles through life being perpetually coddled and rescued and never ever suffering the consequences his class imposes on others.

It should disgust you. He's a loving father which is nice, but what Joe Biden has done to thousands of Americans should disgust you.

Now many of you cannot read that without thinking, "OH SO YOU WANT TRUMP TO WIN!"and you need to pull  your head out of your ass. We didn't get here by accident. Trumpism isn't an alien lifeform that landed on a meteor, it's here because DC is a corrupt nightmare and the people know it.

Fuck the guy I hope is president soon.

• Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

eddie murphy film GIF

Most voters on this latest Hunter issue - "I ain't falling for the banana in the tailpipe this time"

It says a lot about this story that the WSJ ultimately chose to run a very watered down version.

Noted libtard publication the Wall Street Journal.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

We are all, ostensibly, educated men. Can we please stop talking about the Ivies like they aren't finishing schools for the children of the wealthy and powerful? They are other things, as well, of course, but "UH HE WENT TO YALE/HARVARD/ETC" only impresses me when it's some kid who grew up in the dirt.

Very soon the Trumps will be gone and mass media oddities and we will have a world to manage without them in power. Call me a bootstraps conservative, but we should be overtly hostile to nepotism. We should shame the powerful when they use their connections (either actively or passively) to enable a consequence-free lifestyle for their families borrowing our power. Joe Biden is responsible for thousands and thousands of men rotting in prison for drug use while his son bungles through life being perpetually coddled and rescued and never ever suffering the consequences his class imposes on others.

It should disgust you. He's a loving father which is nice, but what Joe Biden has done to thousands of Americans should disgust you.

Now many of you cannot read that without thinking, "OH SO YOU WANT TRUMP TO WIN!"and you need to pull  your head out of your ass. We didn't get here by accident. Trumpism isn't an alien lifeform that landed on a meteor, it's here because DC is a corrupt nightmare and the people know it.

I agree with this. Hunter trading on his dad's name is simultaneously legal, very normal and common, and also a representation of what's wrong with politics and power brokerage in general in our country/world. 

But let's maintain focusness for 10 more days. 

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

i am still mad that hunter took the ukraine job that should’ve gone to a more deserving state-school graduate with a common last name. he/she is the real victim here. 

Weird I thought this was about graft? I guess that wasn’t really the point after all.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The Ivy League is for the elite, not the smart, so your rant is correct about that. 

But the 1994 Clinton crime bill? Signed into law by a president you voted for and even supported by Bernie I do believe. 

Find another hill to die on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

That comes nowhere close to addressing Taibbi's entire article.  To use reductionist messaging by calling him 'tabloid' is on point for blue check maga.

I own several of Taibbi's books and used to love his work, but he sucks now. Nothing is dumber or more tiresome than anti-anti-Trumpism.

Edited by wildcat09

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

you just described probably 20-30% of privileged white families in the US with fuckup sons getting work.  Mind you this "fuckup son" has a fucking JD from Yale.  Compare that to trump's offspring - jr. with a BS in economics and Eric with a degree in finance and management and your argument that hunter's position is solely because they want to influence his father and I can't help but laugh.  I'd say little Biden is easily more qualified for board positions.

You're seriously understating the prevalence of large adult failsons in privileged white families.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

But the 1994 Clinton crime bill? Signed into law by a president you voted for and even supported by Bernie I do believe. 

Find another hill to die on. 

Defending the War on Drugs to own the left lol

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I own several of Taibbi's books and used to love his work, but he sucks now. Nothing is dumber or more tiresome than anti-anti-Trumpism.

You say that now, but just wait until you see anti-Trumpism  in 2022 being used to shame anyone objecting to the further degradation of the "progress" party in US politics.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Defending the War on Drugs to own the left lol

You say that now, but just wait until you see anti-Trumpism  in 2022 being used to shame anyone objecting to the further degradation of the "progress" party in US politics.

I see you didn’t bother to deny anything I said.  

And the war on drugs started with Reagan in the 80s. 

Member? 

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I’ll worry about that when the fascists are out of power.

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

Just a quick reminder that Jared Kushner, the President’s Son in Law, defacto Chief of Staff, and living genitalia free mannequin was admitted to Harvard because his dirt bag father bought him an acceptance, much to the dismay of high school officials who said he was clearly unqualified. 

Story, by Pro Publica, I case you’d like to question its provenance. Also, fun fact: the going rate for Harvard in 1998 was $2.5-ish million.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh, OK.  The story/article had nothing to do with Trump, really.  I find the the majority of VBNMW types have already turned off their critical thinking quite some time ago. Which of course, if I take to its logical conclusion I should just shut up and let you all celebrate when the candidate who promises nothing will change wins.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I see you didn’t bother to deny anything I said. 

I hate Bill Clinton (look at the header in my profile) and always have. I was a Jackson '88 volunteer and the way that primary played out made me outright loathe the party until Obama '08 when we, for the first time in decades, had the potential to break away from the "new Democrat" politics of being meaner than Republicans. I know that the two-faced one-party system in the US has reduced me to the choices of either not voting or voting for a basically-Republican. I know that very well so it's not exactly a burn.

Regarding Bernie, he was put in a position of being for or against VAWA because it was included in the overall bill. He spoke out vociferously against the portions he opposed (escalation of the drug war, mandatory minimums, etc..) that Biden adored and advocated for. He, like me, chose the most practical route and voiced his disapproval while doing so. A pathetic character, like me. No wonder I have such an affinity for him.

Not sure what your point here is, really, other than to troll on the Internet.

41 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Oh, OK.  The story/article had nothing to do with Trump, really.  I find the the majority of VBNMW types have already turned off their critical thinking quite some time ago. Which of course, if I take to its logical conclusion I should just shut up and let you all celebrate when the candidate who promises nothing will change wins.

I'm not particularly interested in why someone who caped for Bill Barr's misleading letter about the Mueller report thinks that journalists and tech platforms should be amplifying foreign disinformation operations.

49 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Oh, OK.  The story/article had nothing to do with Trump, really. 

You're correct, it didn't and the 'tabloid' comment I made had to do with the NY Post not Taibbi. I had read the article (and btw, TY for posting it since it's paywalled) and was primarily pointing out that he leads with a bit of a weak argument (the Twitter NY Post dustup) but I do think he raises some important questions which is why I suggested separating the them out. One could discuss a concern he has regarding Biden, but IMO the bigger issue of search engines, media, and information assessment is a topic useful on its own merit.  This problem isn't going to go away.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm not particularly interested in why someone who caped for Bill Barr's misleading letter about the Mueller report thinks that journalists and tech platforms should be amplifying foreign disinformation operations.

Yeah, and I'm pretty dismayed by "Russia! Russia! Russia" which is the blue flavor of "antifa!"

Amazing how everything is Putin's fault these days. Memes = foreign disinformation campaigns.

6 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Yeah, and I'm pretty dismayed by "Russia! Russia! Russia" which is the blue flavor of "antifa!"

Amazing how everything is Putin's fault these days. Memes = foreign disinformation campaigns.

I'm confused by this take. Do you think Russia hasn't been involved in a disinformation campaign? Or do you think we just shouldn't care about it?

And yes, a good number of political memes start as a foreign disinformation campaign and then are spread internally. 

Edited by Dahobbs

8 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

There's an extremely long thread on this and I'm not going to get back into it. Suffice it to say that if your hatred of liberals and mainstream media leads you to believe that there was nothing to the Mueller investigation, you have brain worms.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm confused by this take. Do you think Russia hasn't been involved in a disinformation campaign? Or do you think we just shouldn't care about it?

And yes, a good number of political memes start as a foreign disinformation campaign and then are spread internally. 

I think its incredibly overstated, and seemingly rarely questioned.  

5 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I think its incredibly overstated, and seemingly rarely questioned.  

So you don't find Trump's love of all things russia and putin related to be AT ALL suspicious?

God damn man like what the fuck is wrong with some people. Learn some history or dont fucking bother participating.

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

There's an extremely long thread on this and I'm not going to get back into it. Suffice it to say that if your hatred of liberals and mainstream media leads you to believe that there was nothing to the Mueller investigation, you have brain worms.

yeah, that really is an apples:oranges comparison. like, fresh apples and rotten oranges, even. why did I just type that in Snagglepuss' voice?

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

So you don't find Trump's love of all things russia and putin related to be AT ALL suspicious?

God damn man like what the fuck is wrong with some people. Learn some history or dont fucking bother participating.

Do you not understand the definition of 'overstated?"  And as someone else noted, this apparently isn't the thread to argue all things Russiagate.  "

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

Look I didn't want to get this thread off on a big Russia tangent. But I thought it was worth pointing out that the angry, self-righteous media criticism of someone who in the Trump era has pulled a full 180 on all of his prior public convictions, to the extent that he championed Bill fucking Barr as someone who the media and the people should unquestioningly believe, might be a little disingenuous if not completely full of shit. 

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Look I didn't want to get this thread off on a big Russia tangent. But I thought it was worth pointing out that the angry, self-righteous media criticism of someone who in the Trump era has pulled a full 180 on all of his prior public convictions, to the extent that he championed Bill fucking Barr as someone who the media and the people should unquestioningly believe, might be a little disingenuous if not completely full of shit. 

1. Link?

2. Does that invalidate anything he sourced in the one article I made the mistake of posting?

And lastly, something like this:

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

lol...the Guardian, NYT and NBC opinion pieces cited as sources and all of the attendand "kudos"

Are links o the Sean Hannity show good as "proof" here?  

I was wondering, other than the giant move left on this board since I last visited, why chacters like ol "ibid" here are acting so strangely about this.  Yelling to "shut the fuck up about this?"   His show pony who is now in hiding and there's no other honest explanation for these "lids"  and e's  possibly business partners with the Chinese Communist Party, was the sitting VP when the arrangements were made and is asking people to vote for him to be the President now, but neither we nor the media are supposed to even ask about this?  There IS a laptop, there wasn't a dossier.  There are witnesses here, not  opque 'whistle blowers.'

Love the nice touch of pointing at the tax returns as some sort of proof.   Seems to me that one would leave off reporting to the IRS the receipt of bribes from the Chinese, the Ukranians and the Iranians. 

Then it occured to me....this "Dabobbs"  dude is terrified.  That is what abject fear reads like -  coming through the key stokes as he rapidly bullet points more opinoin pieces to substantiate his hypocrisy. 

Quick question for anyone who is still interested in being honest with themselves here instead of writing shit that reads like you are a terrified bitch.....if there's nothing to these emails that have been released....who here or anywhere else wouldn't immediately be out in front of reports that there's evidence of you possesing child porography and in compirising positions with you underessed underaged niece?    

Have enjoyed the gymnastics on display here, trying to convince youselves that Biden has done nothing wrong here, you actually still believe any of that impeachment shit you put this country through AND are on any sort of moral high gound, disciminating who and what need be "taken seriously"

Y'all some scared bitches and it shows.

Edited by TtomTerrific
apostrophe
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

lol...the Guardian, NYT and NBC opinion pieces cited as sources and all of the attendand "kudos"
Are links o the Sean Hannity show good as "proof" here?  
I was wondering, other than the giant move left on this board since I last visited, why chacters like ol "ibid" here are acting so strangely about this.  Yelling to "shut the fuck up about this?"   His show pony who is now in hiding and there's no other honest explanation for these "lids"  and e's  possibly business partners with the Chinese Communist Party, was the sitting VP when the arrangements were made and is asking people to vote for him to be the President now, but neither we nor the media are supposed to even ask about this?  There IS a laptop, there wasn't a dossier.  There are witnesses here, not  opque 'whistle blowers.'
Love the nice touch of pointing at the tax returns as some sort of proof.   Seems to me that one would leave off reporting to the IRS the receipt of bribes from the Chinese, the Ukranians and the Iranians. 
Then it occured to me....this "Dabobbs"  dude is terrified.  That is what abject fear reads like -  coming through the key stokes as he rapidly bullet points more opinoin pieces to substantiate his hypocrisy. 
Quick question for anyone who is still interested in being honest with themselves here instead of writing shit that reads like you are a terrified bitch.....if there's nothing to these emails that have been released....who here or anywhere else wouldn't immediately be out in front of reports that there's evidence of you possesing child porography and in compirising positions with you underessed underaged niece?    

Have enjoyed the gymnastics on display here, trying to convince youselves that Biden has done nothing wrong here, you actually still believe any of that impeachment shit you put this country through AND are on any sort of moral high gound, disciminating who and what need be "taken seriously"

Y'all some scared bitches and it shows.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7gahyokwcrapuvvqb5f8p5y775li5sjbczp9vflmt&rid=giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I remember one of the many Times TTom here fell off the wagon while posting and thought it was a good idea to post pics of him in some lakeway hotel room with a young hooker and bragging about all the blow or meth he was doing and how life was good. It just occurred me that girl was almost certainly underage and probably his niece. 

Every accusation is a confession. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden