Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, no shit Joe.  Welcome to the party pal.

No fucking shit Joe.  How do we do that?  By electing you president?  You need to articulate how this is going to go down. 

Sometimes fabric can't be repaired.   Sometimes it has to be replaced with new fabric. 

17 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Not sure it this was Hugos point, but I think Hillary 2016 may have been a better candidate than Biden 2020 would be, and Hillary was a god awful candidate who lost to Trump. Biden cannot be the nominee.

I don't see how that's possible.   She was the subject of an ongoing FBI investigation and took the industrial Midwest for granted against a candidate who focused entirely on the white working class.  Even Dementia Biden won't lose any state she won and is more likely to win a few she lost, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Please forget I mentioned Hillary, a highly competent, educated, and experienced political leader that isn’t a walking zombie that spews dumb shit every other day. 

If you mean she'd be better at running the levers of government, I agree. As a candidate trying to win, the zombie is better. 

24 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

She was the subject of an ongoing FBI investigation and took the industrial Midwest for granted against a candidate who focused entirely on the white working class

Crazy to see how those republican talking points still permeate into the general population and broadly accepted as fact.  Hillary’s whole platform was based around rebuilding the middle class and the FBI investigation was a fucking joke that produced zero incriminating evidence. 

And I don’t like defending Hillary at all. 

Her fatal flaw was people didn’t trust her, and for good reason.  The gop spent decades altering the public’s perception of Hillary Clinton and she didn’t always show fidelity to the truth.

So they took a chance with Trump, a man whose lies are measured in the thousands.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Crazy to see how those republican talking points still permeate into the general population and broadly accepted as fact.  Hillary’s whole platform was based around rebuilding the middle class and the FBI investigation was a fucking joke that produced zero incriminating evidence. 

It's not just a Republican talking point.  The FBI investigation wasn't a joke and found that every element of a crime was satisfied but the mens rea, which wasn't even a statutory element but which Comey (reasonably) concluded was an implicit requirement.  Nobody knew how the investigation would play out.  It's nuts to support someone under such circumstances, and it turned out to be decisive when the investigation was revived at the last second. 

And I don't think Wisconsin voters were reading her platform when she failed to stop by after the convention.   Hell, she visited Arizona a few days before the election.   She paid the rust belt lip service but took it for granted.   

• Like 1

You make good arguments. I think the underlying problem was her hubris and the underestimation of the appeal of Trump.  In short, “out of touchness.”

Biden is much worse than Hillary in this area.  Just because Biden is pandering to the Midwest does not automatically make him a better candidate.

It's still weird to me that so much is being decided about future candidates now in the summer before the summer of election year. Maybe, maybe, 20% of the electorate is looking seriously at candidates who are being measured against each other by how a bunch of Iowa yokel will prospectively vote in their caucuses.

Biden is past it, and his performance and the ridicule of it make me sad. He proves the power of name brand recognition in politics. If everyone were watching and judging, he'd be out of the race. If there were a Dem named Clinton "Bud" Light, it would all be over.

This process is such a vile distortion of how democracy should work. The news media has institutionalized it as normal. They're lazy and this template is easy to follow.

There is so much fucked up in this country. We might get a doddering Dem against a ranting Dotard as our choices to lead the US in the critical four years after Trump's first term. A sad joke everyone can see versus a horrific nation-destroying joke that 40% refuse to see.

usa-american-flag-waving-animated-gif-34

Greatest country in the world! Don't change a thing! Envy of the world! Shining City...

Bullshit

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Now imagine Biden is a woman 

Who cares what his sex is ?   Hilaries issue wasn't that she was a woman.  I'd cast a vote for Mrs. Warren based on her citizens over the big guys stance. .All you seem to ever care about is R vs D.  Always trying to make issues of sex, race, religion.... the democratic way of misdirection and scam.

Divide and conquer .... but don't come knocking on my door to take my daughter out to church, mosque or synagogue it seems now.....

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden