Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Sure.  If his old idiot buddy stays 7-10 points ahead I'm not ruling out Obama getting a jump on the main campaign by supporting Joe.  I hope you're right but I sure af would not rule out Obama teaming up with Joe a little earlier than he needs to - and thereby ending the primary.  

If Obama cleared a primary for Joe and then Joe lost to Donald...

Both of their political reputations would join Hillary's in the trash bin. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

If Obama cleared a primary for Joe and then Joe lost to Donald...

Both of their political reputations would join Hillary's in the trash bin. 

He would wait long enough to where it wasn't 'cleared' for Joe.  It would clearly be a 'Joe was gonna win anyway'.  Whether that's true or not.  If the Democrats lose to this steaming pile of shit again, Obama is the last one that needs to worry about his reputation, no matter wtf he does leading up to the election.  

Looks like mayor Pete and Beto are just about done. The others have been done for awhile or right out of the gate. 

I think now it’s Biden or Warren. Kamala has a shot but I think if Biden tops her in South Carolina she’s done.

Loved the Bern in 2016 but I definitely think he loses head to head to Biden and head to head is an underdog to Warren or Harris. He’s not out though depending on who stumbles. 

54 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Looks like mayor Pete and Beto are just about done. The others have been done for awhile or right out of the gate. 

I think now it’s Biden or Warren. Kamala has a shot but I think if Biden tops her in South Carolina she’s done.

Loved the Bern in 2016 but I definitely think he loses head to head to Biden and head to head is an underdog to Warren or Harris. He’s not out though depending on who stumbles. 

Agree with pretty much all of this, though there's still a long way to go until the first primary votes are counted.

Still, Biden is the safe choice and a fuckton more electable in the general than any of the other top 3 or 4, especially after Obama starts to make joint campaign appearances about a year from now.

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Someone should ask him what he thinks about expanding the childcare tax credit in 2019.

"I've evolved, okay? Going back 40 years, its a bunch of malarkey.  My personal friend Barack Obama will vouch for me. God I hope my time is up, I've had to speak a long time.  Oh shit did I say that out loud? Um...30330!" 

Just now, Js1 said:

"I've evolved, okay? Going back 40 years, its a bunch of malarkey.  My personal friend Barack Obama will vouch for me. God I hope my time is up, I've had to speak a long time.  Oh shit did I say that out loud? Um...30330!" 

Half of the Democratic electorate would find this answer acceptable.

15 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Anyone somewhat younger than you ought not be offended and Ms. Harris seems to not have been.

Twitter people are. The most vocal element of the party is the the leftist part, and they're making it a big kerfluffel. That is a mistake.

Twitter people are stupid.

• Like 1

Biden’s schtick is so one dimensional.  I still have yet to see a reporter press him on the impeachment question or even ask him if he’s read the Mueller Report.  

Total fucking fail media.  

But of course it’s intentional since we’re getting Uncle Joe forced down our throats. 

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Biden’s schtick is so one dimensional.  I still have yet to see a reporter press him on the impeachment question or even ask him if he’s read the Mueller Report.  

Total fucking fail media.  

But of course it’s intentional since we’re getting Uncle Joe forced down our throats. 

why do you care what biden thinks about impeachment or the mueller report?  i certainly don't.

there are plenty of things to shit on the media about, but this is not one of them.  it's definitely not a "total fucking fail".  jesus.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

why do you care what biden thinks about impeachment or the mueller report? 

Because he’s a citizen of this country just like me.   Because, like any highly politically engaged concerned citizen, he should at least have a well informed opinion on both impeachment and the Mueller Report.  This motherfucker wants to be president of the United States.  He should know what the fuck is going on.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i certainly don't

You should.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Because he’s a citizen of this country just like me.   Because, like any highly politically engaged concerned citizen, he should at least have a well informed opinion on both impeachment and the Mueller Report.  This motherfucker wants to be president of the United States.  He should know what the fuck is going on.

right, ok.  well, pardon me for saying, but i wouldn't rake the media over the coals for not pressing you on the issue either.

biden is not in congress, and literally has no say in the matter.  his best (only) chance to remove trump is through the electoral process next year.  you're acting like asking about impeachment/mueller is some hard hitting question that's gonna put biden in a pinch - hint, it isn't.  his whole campaign is built on bashing trump (and being bff with barack).  he'd have no trouble saying, "come on, man, of course he should be impeached, he's unfit, next question."

there are a bunch of things the media should be pressing joe on.  this is not one of them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If that doesn't put a dent in his numbers with black voters nothing will. 

Did he mean "poor kids are just as smart as rich kids" or "black kids are just as smart as white kids". The world may never know.

If you've watched his political career, none of this is surprising. It's not old age. It's just Joe. I still have think he collapses before Iowa.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

right, ok.  well, pardon me for saying, but i wouldn't rake the media over the coals for not pressing you on the issue either.

biden is not in congress, and literally has no say in the matter.  his best (only) chance to remove trump is through the electoral process next year.  you're acting like asking about impeachment/mueller is some hard hitting question that's gonna put biden in a pinch - hint, it isn't.  his whole campaign is built on bashing trump (and being bff with barack).  he'd have no trouble saying, "come on, man, of course he should be impeached, he's unfit, next question."

there are a bunch of things the media should be pressing joe on.  this is not one of them.

Agree to disagree.  The media is letting Biden have it both ways by not questioning him hard on impeachment and Mueller.  Biden is running around calling Trump this huge danger to the republic but he’s not leading a charge in calling to have him immediately removed by the tools available in our democracy.  It doesn’t fly, it shouldn’t fly.  

The democrats aren’t impeaching because they say that’s not what the public wants.  Leaders don’t look at polls to tell them what to do.  They push to do the right thing and public opinion should follow.  It’s just another example of how out of touch Biden and the media are.

It’s a joke.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
Subject verb agreement

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden