Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why are they flubs and gaffes for Biden, and lies for trump?

Probably because Biden corrects himself, either immediately or later, while Trump repeats the same lies over and over again.  And because Biden does it a few times a week, and Trump averages at least 10 significant lies per day. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Probably because Biden corrects himself, either immediately or later, while Trump repeats the same lies over and over again.  And because Biden does it a few times a week, and Trump averages at least 10 significant lies per day. 

Trump’s are malicious and deliberate.  Biden’s are serious mental errors.  Both are huge liabilities for a president, or they should be.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I don't think the distinction is that strong. They're both arrogant, sundowning guys who are generally confused and ignorant about what's happening and mad at the world for being younger and more dynamic.

Biden is smarter and better as a person, of course, but it's not a good vs evil thing.

Former Vice President Joe Biden increased his lead atop a crowded field of Democratic presidential candidates by 2 points, a new poll finds.

Biden now has the support of 33 percent of Democratic primary voters across the nation, according to the Morning Consult survey, 13 points above the next-most popular candidate, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)

Rounding out the top five are Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) at 15 percent, followed by Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) at 8 percent and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 5 percent, the poll shows.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/458919-biden-edges-higher-atop-field-of-2020-democrats-poll

Biden and Trump both have a combination of broke-brain and arrogance that I can't help but find occasionally delightful.

[edit]

"Obungler" is the best. Right-wingers are so angry and unfunny that it sometimes loops around to gold.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

Trump: "I could've nailed Cheryl Tiegs in her prime!"

Biden: "Oh yeah? I was the inspiration behind MLK's first marches!"

Trump: "I convinced Mayor McCheese to make the Big Mac. Huge success!"

Biden: "Raprock Mobamba told me I would be the best president before he died in my arms."

Me: "Can I vote for BOTH of these men!?!?"

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Trump: "I could've nailed Cheryl Tiegs in her prime!"

Biden: "Oh yeah? I was the inspiration behind MLK's first marches!"

Trump: "I convinced Mayor McCheese to make the Big Mac. Huge success!"

Biden: "Raprock Mobamba told me I would be the best president before he died in my arms."

Me: "Can I vote for BOTH of these men!?!?"

The other liability with Biden is this notion he would only be a one term president.   That’s a HUGE RED FLAG in itself because you lose the incumbency advantage and leave the door open for the Trumpublicans to win back the White House.

And for the record, I seriously doubt Biden would step down after one term regardless of how senile he is.  This guy’s ego and entitled sense of self importance is way too strong.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The other liability with Biden is this notion he would only be a one term president.   That’s a HUGE RED FLAG in itself because you lose the incumbency advantage and leave the door open for the Trumpublicans to win back the White House.

And for the record, I seriously doubt Biden would step down after one term regardless of how senile he is.  This guy’s ego and entitled sense of self importance is way too strong.

Just came here to post this. Here's the WaPo version.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-he-campaigns-for-president-joe-biden-tells-a-moving-but-false-war-story/2019/08/29/b5159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

“He said, ‘Sir, I don’t want the damn thing!’ ” Biden said, his jaw clenched and his voice rising to a shout. “ ‘Do not pin it on me, Sir! Please, Sir. Do not do that! He died. He died!’ ”

The room was silent.

“This is the God’s truth,” Biden had said as he told the story. “My word as a Biden.”

Except almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect. Based on interviews with more than a dozen U.S. troops, their commanders and Biden campaign officials, it appears as though the former vice president has jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story of bravery, compassion and regret that never happened.

Biden absolutely cannot be the nominee. He is too flawed and his flaws make him a poor contrast to Trump.

So Warren blasted Biden in the NYT 17 years ago:

“Banking and credit lobbyists have been trying to change the bankruptcy laws for years. The current bill was stuck in conference between the Senate and House until Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware -- where many banks and credit-card issuers are incorporated -- agreed to vote with Republicans on almost all the issues that were holding up the bill. But Mr. Biden also told his Democratic colleagues that he would support an amendment to stop abortion protesters from using bankruptcy protection to avoid damages they might otherwise have to pay for violating federal law in violent clinic protests.

Regardless of one's views of the amendment, the bill itself is unconscionable. If it becomes law, the economic effects on more than 1.2 million women each year will be devastating. Apparently many politicians believe they can remove the last safety net for families facing financial disaster (many of which are led by women) so long as they can find another highly visible issue that lets them proclaim their support for women.”

[snip]

”Do politicians like Mr. Biden who support the bankruptcy bill believe they can give credit-card companies the right to elbow out women and children so long as they rally behind an issue like abortion? The message is unmistakable: On an economic issue that attracts millions of dollars of industry support, women have no real political importance.

Wednesday's meeting of the House-Senate conference is the final showdown. Will the credit industry's bankruptcy bill pass the conference? Or will it stall over the issue of abortion? If Senator Charles Schumer, who wrote the abortion provision in the Senate bill, holds his ground, he will do a great service to the women who have fought hard for their rights to access to abortion clinics. But if the amendment prevents the bill's passage, he will do an even greater service to hundreds of thousands of women trying to collect child support and to millions more who are trying to survive after financial disaster.

These women are not fighting a pro-life or pro-choice battle. They are just fighting to make it to the next payday.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

29 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can we all just agree we will vote for Bernie and then B_T will maybe quit shitting on every single candidate thread?  It's unbearable.  

B_T, the only person criticizing Biden in a thread called...

*scrolls up* *adjusts glasses*

"Things not going well for Joe Biden"

(you're a crybaby)

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:51 AM, bad_teammate said:

Fun question for thought: Is Donald Trump more of a dove than both Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden?

What’s most shocking about that tweet to me is the final debate was one month after the first anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.  Back then it felt like we were invading 30 minutes after the first tower collapsed.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden