Texas v. Lipscomb-THU, 6:00p-CDT

Guest Lobo

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The question has to be asked. Where in the hell were these guys during the later part of the regular season? If they had played two or three games we lost in the regular season with as much as intensity they played the last three, we would have been in the tourney.

they were playing other teams that didn't make the tournament either.  let's not get carried away.  might as well win the tournament since we were in it, we won 5 in a row against average teams, but this doesn't change a lot as to where we are.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Warms my heart to see 5 star players who underachieved their entire careers get hot for 1 game and shit all over 2 star players who overachieved and worked their ass off to get to this game. 

We don’t have a single 5 star player on this roster.

10 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

So because of our run in the NIT Kerwin doesn’t get to complete in the college dunk competition.

He submitted his with about 2 minutes left. 

Edited by SDG
  • Like 1

they were playing other teams that didn't make the tournament either.  let's not get carried away.  might as well win the tournament since we were in it, we won 5 in a row against average teams, but this doesn't change a lot as to where we are.

It could be argued a few teams in the NIT very well could have made the NCAA’s if it were not for auto bids which every conference is entitled to no matter how much the conference sucked.

Honestly my expectations were low at the start of the NIT. I thought we were going to lose to SDSU and we almost did. But we managed to play some decent ball, save for a couple of meltdowns against Colorado, TCU and tonight.

Congrats to the team. You could tell it meant something to them. Once you're in it, go ahead and win it. Which they did with relative ease, once shots started to fall. 

I have no idea what it means for the future of the program, but seeing as Shaka was almost certain to be retained anyway, I'll just hope it's stepping stone to a much better season.

Hook 'em.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It could be argued a few teams in the NIT very well could have made the NCAA’s if it were not for auto bids which every conference is entitled to no matter how much the conference sucked.

Honestly my expectations were low at the start of the NIT. I thought we were going to lose to SDSU and we almost did. But we managed to play some decent ball, save for a couple of meltdowns against Colorado, TCU and tonight.

mine too.  and yeah this puts us at about #40 or so.  If Febres and one other guy are hot from 3 we can play with most teams. again, its great for the players and its always better to win than lose.

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

Yay?

You would've preferred that we lost?

All jokes aside, doubt anyone is going to be donning an "NIT champs" shirt. This team underachieved for most of the season and should've been in the running for the league title and a low single-digit NCAA seed.

Still, I'm happy for the players and for the school. We might not think much of it, but you can see it meant a lot to them. They won a trophy and a couple of nationally televised games at Madison Square Garden--it's an experience they'll keep with them the rest of their lives.

But, no, it's absolutely not on par with doing damage in the main event.

• Like 3

You would've preferred that we lost?
All jokes aside, doubt anyone is going to be donning an "NIT champs" shirt. This team underachieved for most of the season and should've been in the running for the league title and a low single-digit NCAA seed.
Still, I'm happy for the players and for the school. We might not think much of it, but you can see it meant a lot to them. They won a trophy and a couple of nationally televised games at Madison Square Garden--it's an experience they'll keep with them the rest of their lives.
But, no, it's absolutely not on par with doing damage in the main event.

Nah just messing with the dude that seemed like we should be really excited about winning the NIT

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

mine too.  and yeah this puts us at about #40 or so.  If Febres and one other guy are hot from 3 we can play with most teams. again, its great for the players and its always better to win than lose.

Yep.

69 jokes aside, if you were to eliminate auto-bids and seed teams purely based on resume, Texas would have been around #45 in the NCAA tourney. That's... still not good enough. Metrics say this was around a top-30 team, and the win-loss record did not reflect that.

That said, they finished the season out the right way. Losing because "you didn't care" is for shitty SEC fans.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

WE DA CHAMPS YA BITCH ASS BITCHES WHO HATED. 

GET. PUMPED. LETS GET NAKED. 

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes 
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

15 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I'm gonna be at the bar at the Round Rock Olive Garden all night celebrating this championship season. How many scotches will it take for this championship buzz to come down? I don't know. You do the math, I'm doing the alfredo, and the hostess, in that order. Maybe both at the same time. Who knows. Anything goes when the Horns win a title.

Get an Uber/Lyft. RRPD ain't letting you slip by.  Hell, they may have read this already.