Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

I really wonder how the fuck the idiots on the no bookfags  thread live. 

in the last 30 mins, someone asked what happened to Tormund & Brienne.... and then another asked if Tyrion was dead.

Holy fuck people, just watch the fucking show, stuff like that was answered easily by just watching the damn show. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I really wonder how the fuck the idiots on the no bookfags  thread live. 

in the last 30 mins, someone asked what happened to Tormund & Brienne.... and then another asked if Tyrion was dead.

Holy fuck people, just watch the fucking show, stuff like that was answered easily by just watching the damn show. 

They can't even be bothered to read,  why would they spend an hour watching a movie

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

Out of all the horrible takes and predictions on both threads, this one may take the cake...

62c2dce7371f8260e9d263dcc85d28f0.jpg

I'm sure a swarm of turkey sized dragons would have really fucked up Euron's plans. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

We’ve already seen him burn his hands on a damn lamp, come on...

the show writers keep skipping over previously" important" details and re-writing them. As was posted above, Kings landing used to have fucking mountains on its sides and front,  Gendry should have been named Gendry Waters, not Rivers, yet that didnt stop the show from saying he was Rivers.

The burned hand was in season 1, something like 65 episodes ago.

im not saying my prediction is right, but lets be hones D&D have stopped paying hyper-close to the fucking details on the show in a while.    only bookfags would remember the hand burning from season 1. 

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

The only silver lining to how shitty the last two seasons have been is that I'm fully confident the book ending has not been spoiled hardly at all, assuming GRRM or someone else actually ever write the last two books. 

Is it even possible for the show to massively disappoint anymore? The writing the last two seasons have lowered my expectations so much that I don't think I could possibly be massively disappointed by these last two episodes.

I was wrong. That episode was worse than even my low expectations. That might’ve been the dumbest episode in the whole series. Even dumber than the let’s go North to get a wight plot. 

D&D can go fuck themsleves. Better to write nothing at all than write that stupid shit, but don’t get me wrong, GRRM can go fuck himsef too.

4 minutes ago, naija said:

Which character was massacred the most, in the translation from the books to the show?

The top 2 have to be Jon and Tyrion.

Bran and Jon. The show at least nailed Tyrion’s character for like 6 seasons. It’s always a done a shit job with Jon and Bran. I’d say Bran is the worst. 

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

The problem with the show is they’re just hitting plot points without earning it. They did a poor job narratively building to this.

Technically speaking the episode was great. The acting, cinematography, and the music was masterful as always.

Right,  if they had spent 2 seasons having Dany devolves into madness instead of just doing a Anakin swift turn into Darth Vader it would have been perfect. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Right,  if they had spent 2 seasons having Dany devolves into madness instead of just doing a Anakin swift turn into Darth Vader it would have been perfect. 

Yep. Why the fuck would Dany burn all the peasants? If she has just burned the Lannister army after they surrendered and then gone at the Red Keep. It would’ve made sense and got them to where they needed to get for the next episode (Jon decides she can’t be the ruler) and would’ve at least been believable. But they did not come close to laying the foundation  for her burning thousands upon thousands of innocents in King’s Landing just becuase she can.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

ae1fu81jqxkxgewmlve8.jpg

This was exactly what I said to my friends at the end of the episode. Forget jumping the shark, forget the end of Lost, etc. This one takes the cake. 

The only two good parts of the episode, IMO, were Varys going out like a man and the Hound taking his bro with him into the flames.   Pretty much everything else was absurd, even by the standards of these writers. 

I mean, visually there was plenty of cool stuff.  In terms of the story, though. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

6 minutes ago, naija said:

why did Jaime kill the Mad King again? I mean, if he didn't care one way or another about those innocents?

where did all the damn Dothraki come from again? did the Night King even happen?

This questions applies to about 50 plot points. Why have all the prophecies about Azor Ahai, Valonqar, etc. if you’re just going to ignore them? Why even have Bran? Why bill Dany as the breaker of chains for 6 seasons if she’s just going to forget all that and kill everyone? 

4 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

The wildfire explosions were a nice touch

I was wondering about this. Did Cersei plan to burn the city if she lost (like in Blackwater), or was it that Drogon lit the wildfire under the city with his fire and it was symbolic of what her father planned to do to the city?

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The only two good parts of the episode, IMO, were Varys going out like a man and the Hound taking his bro with him into the flames.   Pretty much everything else was absurd, even by the standards of these writers. 

I mean, visually there was plenty of cool stuff.  In terms of the story, though. 

I didn’t even buy the Varys thing. This guy was cunning and ruthless the whole show, and now he’s just walking around Dragonstone telling everyone who will listen that he’s committing treason? That’s not how Varys’ character ever would’ve gone about that.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I didn’t even buy the Varys thing. This guy was cunning and ruthless the whole show, and now he’s just walking around Dragonstone telling everyone who will listen that he’s committing treason? That’s not how Varys’ character ever would’ve gone about that.

I meant him walking up to his execution, giving the touching goodbye to Tyrion after he snitched, and standing tall before the dragon.  He took his death well. 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

I meant him walking up to his execution, giving the touching goodbye to Tyrion after he snitched, and standing tall before the dragon.  He took his death well. 

Turns out he had bigger nuts than Tyrion after all.

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yeah but he was just never the type of character that would do that before. They did nothing with him for like 2 seasons and now he’s all of a sudden a valiant martyr for the realm. Idk. It just seemed like another plot point that wasn’t earned, IMO.

also, can someone explain to me how Harrenhall has to be melted from the outside becuase the dragon couldn’t get though (and this was even referenced in the show) but now Drogon can just explode everything with his fire as if it’s some sort of bomb?

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Meant to post this over here and crossed stream but fuck it. Actor that played Barristan Selmy says the books are done. Skip to 31:40

I’d buy it. GRRM has book 6 pretty much done in 2012 when he released those preview chapters.

Edited by Burt Macklin

The Classic Dany heel turn. Clegane Bowl was great. I'm fine with Cersei dying with Jaime. That's been telegraphed since the first season. Prophecies don't always have to turn out to be exact. The sheer brutality of it all was interesting. The vision in season 2 came true, only it wasn't snow in the destroyed throne room but ash. 

Edited by mdmost

39 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah but he was just never the type of character that would do that before. They did nothing with him for like 2 seasons and now he’s all of a sudden a valiant martyr for the realm. Idk. It just seemed like another plot point that wasn’t earned, IMO.

also, can someone explain to me how Harrenhall has to be melted from the outside becuase the dragon couldn’t get though (and this was even referenced in the show) but now Drogon can just explode everything with his fire as if it’s some sort of bomb?

you don't even need to go that far back. Jon Snow was hiding from the Ice Dragon's breath behind walls like 2 episodes ago

So Varys was writing letters informing someone about Jon Snow’s heritage and using the little girl to smuggle out the information.  
Who would he write?  Illyro? Yara? Citadel? the Iron Bank?  

All of the above plus several others in southern Westeros perhaps...

Who cares though, this was a terrible episode filled with the laziest writing imaginable. I only hope there’s a book to unravel this sordid mess.

I knew it was going to be bad.  I knew it was going to be dumb.  I just didn't realize exactly how bad and dumb it actually was going to be.

This shit is even more frustrating when you realize HBO was going to give these assholes as much time and money as they wanted to finish the story, but they said "Nah.  We only want to do one more season with six episodes."

Absolutely can't wait for these two to fuck up Star Wars even further.  Should be a barrel of fucking laughs. 

I feel bad for Dinklage, Clarke, Harrington, and the rest.  The acting has always been on point.  Having to sit down, read the script before the season started, realize it's a flaming pile of dog shit, and then soldier through anyway?  And all those people who tirelessly worked on the costumes, sets, VFX, etc.?  Tip of the hat to them for continuing to give a fuck even while the two idiots running the show clearly checked out a long time ago. 

• Like 4

I don't think the little girl was smuggling the letters out or at least that did not seem to be what she was discussing with Varys. Sounded like he was trying to poison her, since the girl worked in the kitchen and he said we will try again at supper.

Edited by bamachine
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bamachine said:

I don't think the little girl was smuggling the letters out or at least that did not seem to be what she was discussing with Varys. Sounded like he was trying to poison her, since the girl worked in the kitchen and he said we will try again at supper.

Yeah I got the poison vibe as well. Though seems like Varys could've just had one of his birds shank that bitch as a last resort if he ever got busted. 

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Dany puts Tyrion on trial,  jon defends him in combat.  Arya kills Dany, Jon heads north to the wildlings and Hot Pie sits on the iron throne

Arya kills Dany but doesn’t want to be queen. So she trains Hot Pie to become a faceless man and Hot Pie puts on Dany’s face. Everyone thinks it’s Dany so Hot Pie and John rule the kingdom. The last scene is Jon and Dany going at it, super graphic, and then the spell wears off and it’s Hot Pie. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bamachine said:

I don;t think the little girl was smuggling the letters out or at least that did not seem to be what she ws discussing with Varys. Sounded like he was trying to poison her, since the gilr worked in the kitchen and he said we will try again at supper.

I thought that too.  “She’s not eating” etc.

The dumbing down of Varys to yadda yadda his ending was a tad cringey.  D&D neutered Varys worse than the wizard who cut his nuts off 

• Like 2

Just now, bamachine said:

Did not say it made sense, just that seemed to be what they were hinting at.

Oh I completely agree with that.  He was definitely trying to poison Dany with the help of that girl.   I just meant that it made his treasonous statements to Tyrion and Jon all the more stupid.