Israel

SmokeyBear1861

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

They didn’t “deliberately provoke Iran.” Iran has been waging a “proxy” war (and sometimes, really not bothering with the “proxy” part) against Israel for a long-ass time. Iranian backed strikes against Israel are a regular thing. Israel’s return strikes have NOT been to assets on Iranian soil. Objectively, Israel has been restrained with respect to Iran (note the qualifier - I am just speaking to Israel’s actions regarding Iran).
They hit Iranian assets hard last week. Iran wants to hit back. This shit was always going to happen. Sorry, the fucking burden here is on Iran. It has ZERO natural reason to be at war with Israel. It’s a psychotic islamofascist war they’ve been waging for deranged reasons. Fuck em.

I think Israel cynically attacked the embassy in Syria to provoke this shit.

Are they wrong to want to strike at Iran? No. Iran is conducting violent operations against Israel. In a vacuum, I would always support Israel over the theocratic tyranny in Iran. 

It is Israel's choice of targets that raises my eyebrow.

I really want the US out of this fucking shit. Israel is not a state in the union. Trying to cast this as good guys versus bad guys is American naivete at it's worst and most dangerous. Israel is slaughtering Gazans and calling it a war. Iran is supporting attacks on Israel which kill Israelis.

I suppose it's good that a number of countries united to augment Israel's air defenses. It's defensive and saved lives. I wouldn't commit to much else.

7 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I don't disagree, but even Israel's own intel pointed to Iranian retaliation being extremely likely before they struck that embassy in Syria.

With all they've got going on, can they really stretch themselves far enough to escalate and sustain an external conflict right now?

My main issue is how many American weapons and dollars are being used here. That and everyone over there just being dead set on wiping each other out while we sit to the side and toss dollar bills like we just rolled up hood rich to Chicas Bonitas.

I agree with a lot of this. 

I've read all the posts to this point. The above exchange should not be forgotten in war fervor. I don't want American soldiers fighting in this conflict. I would only commit to helping Israel when evidence arose that they might be overrun. I don't want that country destroyed.

Maybe we could deliberate about what we would do with the same alacrity the West is using to do anything to keep Gaza from being overrun and turned into an epic act of cruelty. We wouldn't wait until Israelis were huddling in refugee camps watching their children suffer, starve, and die. We shouldn't do that with Gaza. 

I hate being involved in this shit fire.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All I have learned from flipping the news channels this afternoon.

CNN/BBC/MSNBC- Iran fired weapons at Israel and a war is breaking out.

Fox News- Iran fired weapons at Israel and it is all Joe Biden’s fault and if Trump was president none of this would have happened and the whole world would be filled with rainbows and unicorns.  Half the country watches that shit and nods along is what is so infuriating. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-has-reportedly-launched-a-drone-attack-on-israel-how-we-got-here-and-what-happens-next-210336502.html
Tensions have long simmered and flared between Iran and Israel. Iran has been accused of providing funding and support to militant groups like Hamas and Hezbollah to help facilitate attacks on Israel.

But Saturday's attack came less than two weeks after a suspected Israeli strike on the Iranian embassy in Damascus, Syria. The attack killed seven of Iran’s military advisers, including three senior commanders.

Although the attack took place outside Iran, it may as well have been a direct hit on the country. Diplomatic compounds, including embassies and consulates, are generally considered sovereign territory of the country they represent and are afforded certain protections. However, during times of war or conflict, diplomatic compounds may become targets for attacks by opposing forces. These attacks are usually condemned by the international community, and when they do occur in conflict zones, it often leads to diplomatic tensions — and potential repercussions.

Saturday's attack came amid the ongoing war between Hamas and Israel, although Iran does not take responsibility for aiding Hamas during its attack on Oct. 7 that killed 1,200 Israelis.

It was an interesting strategy.

“Dear Zionists. We are sending a bunch of slow moving drones your way. They should be there in 4-5 hours. There is no way you can shoot down our very slow moving drones with your primitive F35 planes and GtA defenses. This is your final warning. Sometime in the next few hours your shit will be on blast.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We had gotten to a point where Biden was talking about conditioning aid to Israel and seeing opinion shift in a big way against Israel and then Iran launches a major attack that accomplishes nothing except probably shaking loose a huge Israel aid package.  Lol, maybe the Zionists do control the world, even the ayatollahs. 

It's like the plot of an F-tier Clancy novel tbh

It was an interesting strategy.

“Dear Zionists. We are sending a bunch of slow moving drones your way. They should be there in 4-5 hours. There is no way you can shoot down our very slow moving drones with your primitive F35 planes and GtA defenses. This is your final warning. Sometime in the next few hours your shit will be on blast.”

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Joe told Bibi he'll be on his own in any counterattack.

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/14/biden-netanyahu-iran-israel-us-wont-support

President Biden told Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a call on Saturday that the U.S. won't support any Israeli counterattack against Iran, a senior White House official told Axios.

Behind the scenes: Biden told Netanyahu the joint defensive efforts by Israel, the U.S. and other countries in the region led to the failure of the Iranian attack, according to the White House official.

"You got a win. Take the win," Biden told Netanyahu, according to the official.

The official said that when Biden told Netanyahu that the U.S. will not participate in any offensive operations against Iran and will not support such operations, Netanyahu said he understood.

U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin spoke on Saturday with his Israeli counterpart Yoav Gallant and asked that Israel notify the U.S. ahead of any response against Iran, a senior Israeli official said.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bolverk said:

When I was still on Twitter, I remember one of those OSINTdefender accounts ended up being one that spread Russian propaganda. It looked virtually identical to another legitimate OSINTdefender account. 

that account is also followed by some navy people I follow, looks real to me

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

that account is also followed by some navy people I follow, looks real to me

That's cool. I just recall at one point, I was following two accounts that looked virtually identical with the exact same little logo/icon as the profile pic and both with the name OSINTdefender and realized after a while that one of them was parroting Kremlin talking points. 

Obviously, I only brought it up in the context that someone commented, and I didn't see it reported anywhere, that no one else was saying that US troops were also under attack. 

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

My thoughts were it would be a show hit, Israel cannot really hit Iran without shit really going up. So the IAF will focus on Syria and Lebanon when they want to do something vs. Proxies.

Yeah, Israel regained a bit of moral high ground yesterday with the attack, which was demonstrated by Jordan and Iraq closing their airspace and the former assisting in defending them. While Israel could bypass Jordan by flying over Syria, they wouldn't be able to avoid flying over Iraq. It seems that the Israeli Air Force would have the air superiority advantage over both of them; I do think it's a risk, and I also don't know if Russia has any air assets in Syria nor whether they'd intervene in protecting Iran (their ally in the Ukraine war). So, that's a consideration. And that doesn't even take into account the risks of escalation in a direct confrontation between Iran and Israel. 

If Israel were able to pull off taking out any nuclear facilities or drone manufacturing operations unscathed and without a lot of collateral damage to civilians while also avoiding a wider regional conflict, okay, sure. I wouldn't squawk too much about it. However, I don't think that's feasible any longer. Iran just demonstrated they have the capacity to hurt Israel if they really wanted to with an even larger drone/missile attack. This is a capability Iran didn't have a couple of decades ago when Israel previously bombed nuke shit there. 

Simmer down, oh, control your temper
Simmer down, for the battle will be hotter
Simmer down, can you hear what I say?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, Israel regained a bit of moral high ground yesterday with the attack, which was demonstrated by Jordan and Iraq closing their airspace and the former assisting in defending them. While Israel could bypass Jordan by flying over Syria, they wouldn't be able to avoid flying over Iraq. It seems that the Israeli Air Force would have the air superiority advantage over both of them; I do think it's a risk, and I also don't know if Russia has any air assets in Syria nor whether they'd intervene in protecting Iran (their ally in the Ukraine war). So, that's a consideration. And that doesn't even take into account the risks of escalation in a direct confrontation between Iran and Israel. 

If Israel were able to pull off taking out any nuclear facilities or drone manufacturing operations unscathed and without a lot of collateral damage to civilians while also avoiding a wider regional conflict, okay, sure. I wouldn't squawk too much about it. However, I don't think that's feasible any longer. Iran just demonstrated they have the capacity to hurt Israel if they really wanted to with an even larger drone/missile attack. This is a capability Iran didn't have a couple of decades ago when Israel previously bombed nuke shit there. 

Simmer down, oh, control your temper
Simmer down, for the battle will be hotter
Simmer down, can you hear what I say?

It would be a hell of a flight if they had to go around the Peninsula and up into the Gulf region.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

If Israel were to retaliate, I don't see how Iran wouldn't strike back in kind.

But Israel will. They will push more at Syria and Lebanon proxies.

There could be something else to consider. SA and Jordan helping them means they might have some leverage on Gaza. More aid, let heavy hits, etc. Not saying for sure, but would be nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

But Israel will. They will push more at Syria and Lebanon proxies.

There could be something else to consider. SA and Jordan helping them means they might have some leverage on Gaza. More aid, let heavy hits, etc. Not saying for sure, but would be nice.

Those are great arguments for Israel NOT to respond directly by bombing shit in Iran and instead to keep it all in the local area with proxies.

• Hook 'Em 1

Israel will retaliate, not just by attacking Lebanon and Syria, but assassinate the highest level generals in Tehran directly responsible for these drone attacks.  Israel has killed dozens of military and nuclear scientists on Iranian soil within the last 20 years, very easy for them. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Senior U.S. Defense Officials have now revealed that the Arleigh Burke-Class Guided-Missile Destroyers, USS Carney (DDG-64) and USS Arleigh Burke (DDG-51) were the Two Ships of the U.S. Navy that were in the Eastern Mediterranean and launched Standard Missile-3s (SM-3s) to Down between 4 and 6 Iranian Medium-Range Ballistic Missiles last night over Israel.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Imagine you’re laying pipe to your hairy Iranian wife

I thought this was funny…

…in the mid-80s, when I heard the racist dumb kid who was held back in fourth grade make the same joke in the school cafeteria. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Imagine you’re laying pipe to your hairy Iranian wife and this drops on the patio ….

Islam requires a pretty strict adherence to the removal of body hair…. Especially public hair.

In addition circumcision is also part of the religious practice / tradition.

Therefore, the women of Iran are likely not hairy…. And possibly completely bare down there in addition to the men being circumcised with manscaped pubes….. something actually akin to the US from the early 00’s to mid 2010’s.

Anecdotally, the Turkish girl I would hook up with was super big on showers before / after sex in addition to being completely shaved. If we showered together I couldn’t touch her / get down until she washed / ‘said a payer’ or did her little meditation. Even though she wasnt super religious and more of the secular Turkish tradition/ dated a fool like me / had sex before marriage the cleanliness aspect of Islam remained ingrained.

That is all.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 2

Islam requires a pretty strict adherence to the removal of body hair…. Especially public hair.
Therefore, the women of Iran are likely not hairy…. And possibly completely bare down there in addition to the men being circumcised with manscaped pubes….. something actually akin to the US from the early 00’s to mid 2010’s.
Anecdotally, the Turkish girl I would hook up with was super big on showers before / after sex in addition to being completely shaved. If we showered together I couldn’t touch her / get down until she washed / ‘said a payer’ or did her little meditation. Even though she wasnt super religious and more of the secular Turkish tradition/ dated a fool like me / had sex before marriage the cleanliness aspect of Islam remained ingrained.

That is all.

Pics?

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

That is all.

image.jpeg.76fca6a8e015b72e8bf725bd8be7647e.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

That is all.

Despite your precocious use of slashes, of which I cannot comprehend, I am, nonetheless intrigued.

• Haha 1

I'm fascinated by the stupidity of the Iranian regime thinking that anything would work with their primitive weapons against the ultra modern stuff employed by the US and Israel.  I'm sure more damage was done to Iranian villages than to intended targets.  Also read some reports that a few Jordanian military were injured by falling debris.  Iran - the dumb Mullahtocracy. 

The Gaza bloodbath, a rapid evolution of this 130 year old conflict, with a resolution close at hand.  

1. Migrate all Gazans to about a dozen nations in the west. This can be done in less than 12 months. The 2.2 million Gazans get the good life with economic opportunity and political freedom. Best for their families, kids, the elderly, rehab for the 3000 kids who lost limbs etc etc. 

2. Israel takes all of Gaza, moves in Jewish settlers, bulldozes everything, gets prime real estate.

3. Israel no longer has a demographic threat from an Arab baby boom, can annex the west bank and give citizenship to the Arabs. Palestine is finished. 

4. US can reduce aid to Egypt and Jordan, irrelevant because the Palestinian issue is over. Even reduce or eliminate aid to Israel. 

5. Regime change in Iran and Syria to get the militias out. With that, Hizballah withers away. 

Win all around. We get back to baseball. 

14 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

The Gaza bloodbath, a rapid evolution of this 130 year old conflict, with a resolution close at hand.  

1. Migrate all Gazans to about a dozen nations in the west. This can be done in less than 12 months. The 2.2 million Gazans get the good life with economic opportunity and political freedom. Best for their families, kids, the elderly, rehab for the 3000 kids who lost limbs etc etc. 

2. Israel takes all of Gaza, moves in Jewish settlers, bulldozes everything, gets prime real estate.

3. Israel no longer has a demographic threat from an Arab baby boom, can annex the west bank and give citizenship to the Arabs. Palestine is finished. 

4. US can reduce aid to Egypt and Jordan, irrelevant because the Palestinian issue is over. Even reduce or eliminate aid to Israel. 

5. Regime change in Iran and Syria to get the militias out. With that, Hizballah withers away. 

Win all around. We get back to baseball. 

You keep posting that mass displacement is the answer. Many posters have told you how stupid and unworkable this is, but you keep beating the drum. There are like 3 million more in the West Bank. You think it's going to be workable when Israel ramps up killing Palestinians and taking their homes over there, worse than what's already going on? You're insane. This is not how the world works.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3