Israel

SmokeyBear1861

The first 6 minutes are worth watching—there are lots of good chuckles about Israel and Iran. The remaining 8 minutes make fun of Trump if you care to stick around for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You keep posting that mass displacement is the answer. Many posters have told you how stupid and unworkable this is, but you keep beating the drum. There are like 3 million more in the West Bank. You think it's going to be workable when Israel ramps up killing Palestinians and taking their homes over there, worse than what's already going on? You're insane. This is not how the world works.

i never mentioned migration from the west bank. Read my PERFECT plan over and over again folks. It's the best for all parties for all time.

Gaza migration only and given the incredible deal they would get (free transport, jobs, education, medical care/surgery, a $20k starter kit per individual), I'd say they would almost all take it gladly.

Israel would not murder/steal anymore from the West Bank because they would become Israeli citizens. 

124k Afghans evacuated in 3 weeks to the US, not a problem.  Gave examples of Ethiopians and Soviet Jews. OMG !! It's so impossible!!! OMG the world cannot spin the opposite direction Taco! Well, it's not difficult at all.

My plan is perfection. 

29 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The first 6 minutes are worth watching—there are lots of good chuckles about Israel and Iran. The remaining 8 minutes make fun of Trump if you care to stick around for that. 

The line "did you have a nice sandwich?  Good, now run!" is a callback to Stewart's first nationally broadcast comedy special, written almost 30 years ago.  "Unleavened."  He has great bits in it on Israel/Palestine/Islam, etc.  I'm no talent scout, but you could tell he was going places.  His stuff was smart, hilarious, and approachable.......and made you think while doubled over laughing.  A few years later, he took the desk at the "Daily Show."  And subtly re-told the same joke as if to say, "Circle of life, Simba." 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

i never mentioned migration from the west bank. Read my PERFECT plan over and over again folks. It's the best for all parties for all time.

Gaza migration only and given the incredible deal they would get (free transport, jobs, education, medical care/surgery, a $20k starter kit per individual), I'd say they would almost all take it gladly.

Israel would not murder/steal anymore from the West Bank because they would become Israeli citizens. 

124k Afghans evacuated in 3 weeks to the US, not a problem.  Gave examples of Ethiopians and Soviet Jews. OMG !! It's so impossible!!! OMG the world cannot spin the opposite direction Taco! Well, it's not difficult at all.

My plan is perfection. 

I literally can't tell if this is a bit or if you're just incredibly delusional.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I literally can't tell if this is a bit or if you're just incredibly delusional.

anyone who thinks there's a solution other than  what I posted has no clue about the level of Israel's power in the matter. 

a viable 2 state solution is delusion.  A 1 state solution without Gaza migration is delusion. Keep reading my perfect answer, it has no weakness.

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This is what being "cancelled" actually is, as opposed to what right wing mouth breathers cry about.

I'm sure Elon Musk will come to the rescue in response to this egregious censorship

While we are talking about heavy-handed universities, a while back Columbia protesters alleged they had gotten attacked by a chemical weapon and got the Intercept to write breathless articles.

https://theintercept.com/2024/01/22/columbia-university-palestine-protest-skunk/

University responded to reports of students being injured by a chemical attack against an on-campus rally for Gaza by chiding students for holding protests without official authorization. Meanwhile, students told The Intercept that even as the school’s public safety department has said it is investigating the incident, school administrators themselves have yet to contact the victims — some of whom have had to seek medical care for their injuries. 

During a rally on Friday, according to attendees, two individuals sprayed a hazardous chemical that released an odious smell. Dozens of students have reported an array of symptoms, such as burning eyes, nausea, headaches, abdominal and chest pain, and vomiting.

Columbia suspended the chemical attacker whose it turned out, sprayed Amazon prank fart spray (“Liquid Ass” and “Wet Farts”).

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, YGIFS said:

The line "did you have a nice sandwich?  Good, now run!" is a callback to Stewart's first nationally broadcast comedy special, written almost 30 years ago.  "Unleavened."  He has great bits in it on Israel/Palestine/Islam, etc.  I'm no talent scout, but you could tell he was going places.  His stuff was smart, hilarious, and approachable.......and made you think while doubled over laughing.  A few years later, he took the desk at the "Daily Show."  And subtly re-told the same joke as if to say, "Circle of life, Simba." 

I think it resonates because that's how the US operates. In Latin America, we prop up dictators and train death squads. We also have American churches building hospitals and the Peace Corps doing what they do. That bolded line is so very succinct. 

Stewart's vision is so clear and detached. I didn't much care for him prior to doing The Daily Show; since then, he has actually become important. He states things with no attached sentimentalism and he does so with brevity and wit. Truly an astounding figure. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

This is what being "cancelled" actually is, as opposed to what right wing mouth breathers cry about.

USC was only acting as a university and not some corporate middle management as evidenced by the below:

In the statement, Tabassum wrote that she met with the Office of the Provost Sunday to express her own concerns about safety at commencement, to which they responded that “the University had the resources to take appropriate safety measures for my valedictory speech, but that they would not be doing so since increased security protections is not what the University wants to ‘present as an image.’”

It has always been the duty of colleges and universities to stifle differing opinions and pacify the majority by bowing to their tender feelings. Once we root out the groomers, woke-ists, and agenda-hiders, we'll be on the way to having a universal education approach that will be the envy of the world. 

18 hours ago, South Austin said:

USC should just give the speech to Vince Young.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

you don't have a plan and cannot specify anything wrong with mine (no  one can even Brisket!).  Go ahead, give me something bro. 

Well, yeah....so long as one agrees with the premise of "ethnic cleansing is super cool," then you're right, no criticism of your plan at all.  However, there DOES seem to be just a teeny tiny problem with it if one takes the position of "ethnic cleansing is a war crime."

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, yeah....so long as one agrees with the premise of "ethnic cleansing is super cool," then you're right, no criticism of your plan at all.  However, there DOES seem to be just a teeny tiny problem with it if one takes the position of "ethnic cleansing is a war crime."

it's not ethnic cleansing if there is a choice, albeit a quasi forced one. Or no choice and they live in hell (Gaza) for the rest of their miserable lives. Tell me, what are the opportunities there for young people? It's time to get out. The US already has about 200,000 Palestinians, one of them in Congress, the numbers have dramatically increased in the last 20 years.  Lots of them in Canada, UK, and France already. This isn't difficult despite the faux outrage of ethnic cleansing. 

• Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

While we are talking about heavy-handed universities, a while back Columbia protesters alleged they had gotten attacked by a chemical weapon and got the Intercept to write breathless articles.

https://theintercept.com/2024/01/22/columbia-university-palestine-protest-skunk/

Columbia suspended the chemical attacker whose it turned out, sprayed Amazon prank fart spray (“Liquid Ass” and “Wet Farts”).

This is a shitty (maybe farty?) take. Yes the substance was later found to be harmless but I don't blame anyone who was sprayed with an unknown substance that is obviously irritating and foul-smelling from seeking medical attention and being concerned. Maybe I'd be called a "whiner" later but spraying people with things like that is not a "prank".
 l

22 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

This is a shitty (maybe farty?) take. Yes the substance was later found to be harmless but I don't blame anyone who was sprayed with an unknown substance that is obviously irritating and foul-smelling from seeking medical attention and being concerned. Maybe I'd be called a "whiner" later but spraying people with things like that is not a "prank".
 l

Nothing like hindsight to make a person so confidently condescending, right?

8 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

it's not ethnic cleansing if there is a choice, albeit a quasi forced one. Or no choice and they live in hell (Gaza) for the rest of their miserable lives. Tell me, what are the opportunities there for young people? It's time to get out. The US already has about 200,000 Palestinians, one of them in Congress, the numbers have dramatically increased in the last 20 years.  Lots of them in Canada, UK, and France already. This isn't difficult despite the faux outrage of ethnic cleansing. 

Just catching up but it sounds like your plan is to turn Gaza into Oklahoma. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Just catching up but it sounds like your plan is to turn Gaza into Oklahoma. 

or Tel Aviv South, provided Israel gives full citizenship, freedom of movement, property and legal rights to all Arabs under their control (ie West Bank). Israel does not want a 1 state solution because the need to maintain a Jewish majority forever. Exclude Gaza and you already have that.  Many people have proposed this, it's not a wild idea, the 2 state solution is for the really stupid/ignorant who don't pay attention. My only add to the 1 state idea is Gazans get a better life elsewhere, especially now, when Gaza is Hiroshima the Day After. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

Guys, I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I think I've come up with the PERFECT solution that NONE of you will be able to find a fault in.

Let's give most of Far West Texas to the Israelites and let them voluntarily move there. It's got mountains and access to both the Pecos and Rio Grande rivers. In the northeastern portion of that area, there's a fuckton of oil. So, they ought to make a pretty good economy out of it.

image.thumb.png.f807c5dee2bf8549dbb93fcbaa9de00e.png

Plus, they'd have a whole bunch more land than they currently have. Yeah, there are a few people out there, but not many--I'd guess maybe 40,000 more or less. So, it's not like they'd be displacing many folks. They'd easily have a majority and be guaranteed a Jewish state.

image.thumb.png.c76b88b13cd627e56495f1804be192dc.png

Sure, we'd be forfeiting the Davis Mountains and Big Bend, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice so long as they allow Americans to visit. Plus, we'd get a groovy new trade partner to join NAFTA.

What's not to like? I CHALLENGE ANYONE to come up with faults in my PERFECT PLAN! Why can't y'all see my wisdom?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Guys, I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I think I've come up with the PERFECT solution that NONE of you will be able to find a fault in.

Let's give most of Far West Texas to the Israelites and let them voluntarily move there. It's got mountains and access to both the Pecos and Rio Grande rivers. In the northeastern portion of that area, there's a fuckton of oil. So, they ought to make a pretty good economy out of it.

Plus, they'd have a whole bunch more land than they currently have. Yeah, there are a few people out there, but not many--I'd guess maybe 40,000 more or less. So, it's not like they'd be displacing many folks. They'd easily have a majority and be guaranteed a Jewish state.

Sure, we'd be forfeiting the Davis Mountains and Big Bend, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice so long as they allow Americans to visit. Plus, we'd get a groovy new trade partner to join NAFTA.

What's not to like? I CHALLENGE ANYONE to come up with faults in my PERFECT PLAN! Why can't y'all see my wisdom?

Plus, they're pretty good at border security, so it should be an easy plan to sell to the GQP ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

Oh, yeah, El Paso could finally hook up with New Mexico, which is what I suspect they've always wanted anyway with their contrarian "Mountain Time Zone."

I figure another good source of income for New Israel be the tolls they could place on I-10 & 20 without even having to build the dang things. They could have that infrastructure for FREE!

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, bolverk said:

the Israelites already have everything.  We just want everyone living there to have the same rights as the Jews, whose army is never leaving, and become Israelite citizens. This is the 1 state solution that is mainstream.  

your mockery has failed young skywalker.

46 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the Israelites already have everything.  We just want everyone living there to have the same rights as the Jews, whose army is never leaving, and become Israelite citizens. This is the 1 state solution that is mainstream.  

your mockery has failed young skywalker.

Ah, that's where you're wrong, my jejune Jar Jar. They could have really friendly neighbors and never have to worry about security again. Hell, they wouldn't ever need a dang army. And can you imagine what kind of awesome fucking canteloupe-, nopal-, and yucca-based dishes they could come up with? My gawd.

Make em eat Kosher Bell!

So, instead of kicking out 2.2 million brown people for everlasting security, we'd only have to kick out less than 40k. Of course, this would mean the Israelis must "volunteer" to make this happen. 

Never mind that, though, this is TOTALLY doable. No problemo!!!

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, bolverk said:

Ah, that's where you're wrong, my jejune Jar Jar. They could have really friendly neighbors and never have to worry about security again. Hell, they wouldn't ever need a dang army. And can you imagine what kind of awesome fucking canteloupe-, nopal-, and yucca-based dishes they could come up with? My gawd.

Make em eat Kosher Bell!

So, instead of kicking out 2.2 million brown people for everlasting security, we'd only have to kick out less than 40k. Of course, this would mean the Israelis must "volunteer" to make this happen. 

Never mind that, though, this is TOTALLY doable. No problemo!!!

your posts are becoming more and more nonsensical.  It's not about Israel's security, an irrelevant issue, but about a better life for the Arabs. The well being, security, economy/trade of the Jews isn't part of the discussion at all - solely that of the 'Palestinian' Arabs. The Jews have a fantastic life already and will continue to get better. 

They are not being kicked out either, all voluntary migration from Gaza and I'm sure at least 80% will take it when the benefits are too. good to pass up.

A One-State solution is a mainstream idea, did you know that? A recent Nove 121, 2023 short write-up from the Jewish Zionist perspective - the major objection is demographic fear of Jews being overwhelmed by an Arab majority.  But Taco's ideas is workable -- exclude Gaza and everyone wins.  Gaza can be excluded even if the 2.2 million Arabs do not migrate, migration isn't a necessary first step to resolution. 

https://www.american.edu/sis/news/20231121-what-is-the-one-state-solution-and-why-is-it-unlikely-to-work.cfm

In basic terms, what is a Zionist state, and why would a one-state solution in Israel necessarily mean that Israel would no longer be a Zionist state?
Zionism is an ideology that promotes Jewish statehood; it’s the liberation movement of the Jewish people. For Zionists, Judaism isn’t merely a religion, it’s a nationality. The establishment of the State of Israel was the realization of the Zionist dream of a Jewish state that would enable Jews to live freely and safely. Only a relatively small proportion of Jews in the 19thcentury joined this movement. With the violent antisemitic pogroms of Czarist Russia at the turn of the century, followed by the Nazi Holocaust that decimated world Jewry, this minority of Zionists became a majority. Most Jews, including those residing in the United States—the largest diaspora—identify as Zionists. A one-state solution is incompatible with Zionism because Israel would cease to be a Jewish state. It would become, instead, a binational state in which Jews would likely become the minority.
More recently, there are prominent Likud members who advocate for a single state. These arguments have a basis in the belief that biblical lands in the West Bank should remain a part of Israel, but this view also includes the idea that democracy—which includes Palestinians as full citizens of Israel—is an important goal in and of itself. Critics say this view is delusional. In 2023, with a war raging in Gaza, do you believe there is a good argument that a one-state solution should be debated alongside the more common two-state argument?
I consider a one-state solution in any of its variants to be delusional. The one-state solution, as envisioned by its left-wing intellectual adherents, is dramatically different than the one-state solution being promoted by those on the far-right in Israel. Equality for Jews and Arabs, on the one hand, and Jewish supremacy, on the other hand, are irreconcilable positions. None of the disparate visions of the one-state solution, moreover, has the support of either Israelis or Palestinians. I haven’t seen a single poll that points to substantial support for this solution. Not one. A single state that would satisfy the national aspirations of both Jews and Palestinians is simply not feasible; the Hamas massacre, its aftermath, and how this war is perceived by Israelis and Palestinians further point to the impracticability of the one-state option.

11 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Not seeing this in a mainstream places. Did this happen, a playground in Rafah being droned?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24258389.gaza-children-killed-israeli-strike-playground-leaves-11-dead/

It's okay, they didn't mean to hit a playground. They were aiming at a food convoy.

Israel Government Press Release:

Tragic. Our hearts break for those dead children. The Israeli ones not the Palestinian ones. It's all about the children; ours.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Not seeing this in a mainstream places. Did this happen, a playground in Rafah being droned?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24258389.gaza-children-killed-israeli-strike-playground-leaves-11-dead/

It’s a refugee camp in central Gaza. CNN has a blurb on it but it’s been reported in AJ more extensively. Video of the aftermath is out there, but you can only watch so many videos of parents weeping while they cradle their dead child before they all start to run together. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's okay, they didn't mean to hit a playground. They were aiming at a food convoy.

Not enough Brits or Australians on the playground to generate a full blown western media outrage.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Fuck you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

congrats to Big Mo for winning the award !

https://www.reuters.com/world/reuters-mohammed-salem-wins-2024-world-press-photo-year-award-2024-04-18/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR3oVnNIlH2D7KQOUzAFLIoyds8FOrFBJ23Yy69szGj_S0Shd50BaA2uWcY_aem_ATIxbuGzRL8fw4ZbOaSWsR6ivzbnPnYq4GwRm2OLHqwvCSxVbSHJFwOPudwk6JzHrWzT8lzTsEilSiVIyhs4qNej

AMSTERDAM, April 18 (Reuters) - Reuters photographer Mohammed Salem won the prestigious 2024 World Press Photo of the Year award on Thursday for his image of a Palestinian woman cradling the body of her five-year-old niece in the Gaza Strip.

IDW6YRXEVNICXDISM3HT5U6KSU.jpg?auth=7fa2

I think it is a no win for the US. This would make the Two State system law. I agree with the two state solution.

At the same time, there are a lot of groups, sure, not as controlled as Palestinians, who would push for this. Do you recognize them all? Curious, who were the 15?

Also, unlike a lot of groups they do have a voice, just not a vote.

Palestine is a non-member observer State of the UN, the same status as held by the Holy See. Any application for UN membership is considered by the Security Council, which then forwards it on to the 193-member General Assembly to adopt a resolution for the admission of a Member State.

A bit more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine_and_the_United_Nations

Spoiler

2015-2020 and Recognition

By September 2012, with their application for full membership stalled due to the inability of Security Council members to 'make a unanimous recommendation', the Palestine Authority had decided to pursue an upgrade in status from "observer entity" to "non-member observer state". On November 27 it was announced that the appeal had been officially made, and would be put to a vote in the General Assembly on 29 November, where their status upgrade was expected to be supported by a majority of states. In addition to granting Palestine "non-member observer state status", the draft resolution "expresses the hope that the Security Council will consider favorably the application submitted on 23 September 2011 by the State of Palestine for admission to full membership in the United Nations, endorses the two-state solution based on the pre-1967 borders, and stresses the need for an immediate resumption of negotiations between the two parties."

On Thursday, 29 November 2012, In a 138–9 vote (with 41 abstaining) General Assembly resolution 67/19 adopted, upgrading Palestine to "non-member observer state" status in the United Nations.[39][40] The new status equates Palestine's with that of the Holy See. The change in status was described by The Independent as "de facto recognition of the sovereign state of Palestine".[41]

The vote was an important move for the State of Palestine, whilst it was a diplomatic setback for Israel and the United States. Status as an observer state in the UN will allow the State of Palestine to join treaties and specialized UN agencies, such as the International Civil Aviation Organisation,[42] the Law of the Seas Treaty and the International Criminal Court. It shall permit Palestine to claim legal rights over its territorial waters and air space as a sovereign state recognized by the UN. It shall also provide Palestine with the right to sue for control of disputed territory in the International Court of Justice and bring war-crimes charges, mainly those relating to Israel's occupation of the State of Palestine, against Israel in the International Criminal Court.[43]

The UN has permitted Palestine to title its representative office to the UN as 'The Permanent Observer Mission of the State of Palestine to the United Nations',[44] and Palestine has started to re-title its name accordingly on postal stamps, official documents and passports,[40][45] whilst it has instructed its diplomats to officially represent 'The State of Palestine', as opposed to the 'Palestine National Authority'.[40] Additionally, on 17 December 2012, UN Chief of Protocol Yeocheol Yoon decided that "the designation of 'State of Palestine' shall be used by the Secretariat in all official United Nations documents",[1] thus recognising the PLO-proclaimed State of Palestine as being sovereign over the territories of Palestine and its citizens under international law.

As of 4 April 2024, 140 (72.5%) of the 193 member states of the United Nations, in addition to the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, have recognised the State of Palestine as sovereign over both West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Many of the countries that do not recognize the State of Palestine nevertheless recognize the PLO as the 'representative of the Palestinian people'.[46]

Edited by InkaUtexas

This situation obviously sucks for the Palestinians. We all should have the freedom to exist and be able to do so without a threat of lead falling from the sky that could kill us at any moment. 

I do not believe that any of us will live long enough to see a two state solution implemented nor will the bickering that leads to outright violence ever stop. If I was the president of a country of people who embraced different cultures and didn’t have 40 percent or so of it that hates brown people I would offer every single Palestinian full citizenship that would want to take it. They are entitled to have the ability to live life without the fear of death hanging over them. We get one life and so much of theirs is wasted by their neighbor being a schoolyard bully while the teachers and administration (Us and the rest of Israel’s enablers) lets this continue on.