Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran.

Anastasis

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

That's hardly anyone. 

Feel free to name a news source that consistently reaches a larger audience.  Like it or not Fox and Tucker aren’t going anywhere.   

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

Feel free to name a news source that consistently reaches a larger audience.  Like it or not Fox and Tucker aren’t going anywhere.   

That's not what I'm arguing at all. I'm saying the Fox News audience is a miniscule percentage of the American population. When you compare it to the other networks, their audiences are all tiny.

Edited by David Dennison

We’re going to need a timeline of events here between the boat bombings, the CIA informant executed, the cyber offensive, the drone getting shot down, and the time Tucker Carlson prevented World War 3. 

Oh wait, never mind this is still bullshit.  We’re not going to war with Iran. 

asking permission to attack? Fucking next-level gamesmanship. No one's ever even tried it. Maybe they say "yes" on accident and then THEY are the asshole when a bunch of civilians die!

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

"Hey, can I stop asking?"

- "Yes.

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

- "Yes.

- "Yes.

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "Yes."

"AHHHHHHHH GOTCHA! NO TAKEBACKS!"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Do suicide bombs still work? Vehicle-borne IEDs? Shoulder-mounted stand-alone ground to air missiles? We should probably expect some of those everywhere Iran has friends.

along with weapons we've sold in the region in the past and whatever Putin is selling them now.  

56 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

asking permission to attack? Fucking next-level gamesmanship. No one's ever even tried it. Maybe they say "yes" on accident and then THEY are the asshole when a bunch of civilians die!

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

- "Yes.

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "No."

- "Yes.

- "Yes.

"Hey, can we bomb you?"

- "Yes."

"AHHHHHHHH GOTCHA! NO TAKEBACKS!"

It’s like asking the popular girl in school if you can tell people that you kissed her, and her telling you to fuck off.

Unfortunately for Trump, she’s not going to come back in two weeks and say she’s needs money and that for a $100, she’ll let you go down on her for 10 minutes as long as you don’t tell anybody.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s like asking the popular girl in school if you can tell people that you kissed her, and her telling you to fuck off.

Unfortunately for Trump, she’s not going to come back in two weeks and say she’s needs money and that for a $100, she’ll let you go down on her for 10 minutes as long as you don’t tell anybody.  

This seems a little too specific.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

F65A2370-7169-4A59-BD4D-B669AF973934_zps

So the US president isn't legitimate because he won't start ANOTHER expensive and unnecessary war in the middle east after a handful of very obvious false flag "attacks".

Is that your position?  You're upset because we haven't started sending young men 11 thousand miles away to kill Iranians?   

What if one of our allies, say a country that is a mere 900 miles from Iran, attacks first?   They could use their own missiles, use their own jets, use their own tanks, and send their own young people to destabilize Iran and turn it into a set of easily managed micro-states. 

If they want this war so much, why can't they fight it themselves?  

If war starts, are you going to sign up for military service?  Or will you keep your job here, spending hours and hours and hours trying to influence the population of a state with 38 electoral votes?

Edited by Monster
  • Like 3

Since may of you seem to enjoy false flags, I offer you a movie that is possibly more relevant today than it was in 1995.

"Canadian Bacon" with John Candy.  (His last film)

Here it is, in its entirety, for free.  Enjoy.

Generation Z, you're up.
Gen X sitting back and watching. We kicked major fucking ass in our two week war in 1991.

I hate CR, but I’m drunk and made the mistake of looking at this thread. Even though there’s plenty to read, this post got me. Please tell me you’re kidding.
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Monster said:

You're upset because we haven't started sending young men 11 thousand miles away to kill Iranians?   

That’s one of the things that really makes me wonder about this whole thing.  If we hit Iran, we know they’d hit back, and hit back hard, and yet we deployed less than a thousand additional troops, and most of those were for drone operations.  

There should have been another carrier group headed that way, or at the very least some additional ships to support and defend what’s already over there.  The Air Force should have been moving a shit-ton of planes out of the states and Europe.  The Marines and one of the Army’s light infantry divisions, or perhaps an airborne regiment should have been heading over there, even if we weren’t going to invade, to cover areas around the Strait of Hormuz.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

That’s one of the things that really makes me wonder about this whole thing.  If we hit Iran, we know they’d hit back, and hit back hard, and yet we deployed less than a thousand additional troops, and most of those were for drone operations.  

There should have been another carrier group headed that way, or at the very least some additional ships to support and defend what’s already over there.  The Air Force should have been moving a shit-ton of planes out of the states and Europe.  The Marines and one of the Army’s light infantry divisions, or perhaps an airborne regiment should have been heading over there, even if we weren’t going to invade, to cover areas around the Strait of Hormuz.  

This brings me comfort.   From here, the best case scenario is that the current sitting US president rattles his saber as hard as he can, placating our "Allies".  Our 'Allies' increase pressure, but wait, because he is an asshole and he might actually start the war they want.  So they don't JFK him during this term.   

This allows Americans, for the next 18 months, to  continue living in something akin to peace, building, developing, strengthening their communities here at home.   Plus, we don't have to borrow hundreds of billions of dollars (plus interest) from the insatiably greedy banks who are highly incentivized to use those funds to disseminate propaganda that would extend the war in Iran.  Or they use those funds to plan the next one.  And the next one.   And then the big one.   

Best case scenario, sabers rattle and Americans stay home with their families and pursue happiness, instead of traveling to the other side of the world to kill and maim and die. 

Edited by Monster

2 hours ago, Monster said:

So the US president isn't legitimate because he won't start ANOTHER expensive and unnecessary war in the middle east after a handful of very obvious false flag "attacks".

Is that your position?  You're upset because we haven't started sending young men 11 thousand miles away to kill Iranians?   

What if one of our allies, say a country that is a mere 900 miles from Iran, attacks first?   They could use their own missiles, use their own jets, use their own tanks, and send their own young people to destabilize Iran and turn it into a set of easily managed micro-states. 

If they want this war so much, why can't they fight it themselves?  

If war starts, are you going to sign up for military service?  Or will you keep your job here, spending hours and hours and hours trying to influence the population of a state with 38 electoral votes?

just asking questions!!!!

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Homesickhorn said:

I hate CR, but I’m drunk and made the mistake of looking at this thread. Even though there’s plenty to read, this post got me. Please tell me you’re kidding.

No we pretty much kicked ass in the Gulf War. And the whole thing was televised.

Bernie fucking hates Trump and the hates the media. It's beautiful.

[edit]

lol @ this media talking head moron "correcting" Bernie by saying it was a limited strike. She doesn't even say, "But the Trump administration claimed it was a limited strike", she just straight out whitewashes the message by saying it like it's just objective and common truth.

The mass media is an enemy to the anti-war movement. They aren't an enemy to the nation as a whole, of course, but they are absolutely an enemy to the anti-war movement.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 2

The funny thing about this is it’s so nakedly wag the dog politics.  I have little doubt Trump would gladly sell Iran a nuclear weapon if he could profit off it and get away with it. 

Since the Mueller report came out, everything this administration does will be 99% nonsense with the goal of taking up oxygen in our information/media space.

He’s going to distract as much as possible from the Democratic primaries. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The funny thing about this is it’s so nakedly wag the dog politics.  I have little doubt Trump would gladly sell Iran a nuclear weapon if he could profit off it and get away with it. 

Since the Mueller report came out, everything this administration does will be 99% nonsense with the goal of taking up oxygen in our information/media space.

He’s going to distract as much as possible from the Democratic primaries. 

I disagree. He’s backed himself into a corner and now has zero good options to get out of it. Iran understands this and is going to continue goad him into doing something he wants nothing to do with. 

This isn’t a situation Trump can control, and it’s going to end horribly for him (he either comes out looking weak for the world to see or he enters a war he can’t afford to fight).

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

IMO he’s just going to move on or pull a North Korea and completely capitulate for a photo summit. 

The Iran situation might bubble up again before November 2020 but this isn’t going to war.  Trump can’t control a war and his freedom is pretty much tied to winning the next election.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

IMO he’s just going to move on or pull a North Korea and completely capitulate for a photo summit. 

The Iran situation might bubble up again before November 2020 but this isn’t going to war.  Trump can’t control a war and his freedom is pretty much tied to winning the next election.  

Norks wanted a summit. Iran doesn’t.

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Don't they have a glowing orb he can touch or something?

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It might not be a summit, just some way for Trump to declare a victory with Iran.  It could be a fake Trump Iran deal. 

They’re not dumb enough to give him a win. The only way that happens is if the sanctions are lifted, at which point he already lost. He’s fucked here, and this isn’t a wag the dog situation. This is a result of actions he took over a year ago, and there’s no clean way he gets out of this situation.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

They’re not dumb enough to give him a win. The only way that happens is if the sanctions are lifted, at which point he already lost. He’s fucked here, and this isn’t a wag the dog situation. This is a result of actions he took over a year ago, and there’s no clean way he gets out of this situation.

If sanctions are lifted, his base gets a little more disenchanted - the hard-core types are pretty pissed about the wall if you read their forums.   They feel like he caved to Pelosi.  Oh, and they are really pissed right now about the delayed ICE raids   Really pissed.

Of course those morons couldn’t explain to you why Iran is being sanctioned, and they damn sure don’t understand that Iran feels like the sanctions are a form of warfare (see Japan in 1940 and mid-1941). 

Reneging on the treaty and rolling back DACA with an E.O. were both petty revenge because Obama and tan suits. Zero thought as to what US policy should be after each action. Let's just punish the brown people with dog pounds (here) and sanctions (there).

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

IMO he’s already lost with Iran.  No one cares.  

How Trump spins the loss is what matters politically. 

Not starting another expensive, atrocity-filled war = loss.  That's how you see things? 

Hugo and those lusting for blood and bombed out cities shouldn't panic just yet.  Not everyone has given up on manufacturing another destabilizing quagmire in the middle east.   These two guys met earlier today.   One can only imagine what sorts of 'Crisis Initiation' schemes we'll see rolled out in the next few weeks.    Prepare for more "Iranian Aggression".

vW00D9k.jpg?1

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/23/world/middleeast/john-bolton-iran-drone.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

IMO he’s already lost with Iran.  No one cares.  

How Trump spins the loss is what matters politically. 

he will cave and lift sanctions, declare victory, and spin it as "fixing the mess obama made."  100% of republicans will buy it, and his approval numbers will get a slight bump.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

he will cave and lift sanctions, declare victory, and spin it as "fixing the mess obama made."  100% of republicans will buy it, and his approval numbers will get a slight bump.  

This is exactly right.  And it's concerning, because if he can "fix the border crisis" and get a 1% bump, and "fix the Iran crisis" and get a 1% bump, the manufactured crises will continue until he gets re-elected or one of them goes terribly wrong and we end up in a war.

And if the middle is stupid enough to give him the 1% bumps, then Trump is the leader we deserve.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You quoting that complete and utter idiot, as if anything she says mean anything of importance, or coherence for that matter, is the best laugh I've had so far today.  If he's doing it, he learned it from Billy C.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Monster said:

Not starting another expensive, atrocity-filled war = loss.  That's how you see things? 

Hugo and those lusting for blood and bombed out cities shouldn't panic just yet.  Not everyone has given up on manufacturing another destabilizing quagmire in the middle east.   These two guys met earlier today.   One can only imagine what sorts of 'Crisis Initiation' schemes we'll see rolled out in the next few weeks.    Prepare for more "Iranian Aggression".

vW00D9k.jpg?1

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/23/world/middleeast/john-bolton-iran-drone.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Those two need to go to the gym and pump each other.

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Remarkable you don’t have the same standards for the president of the United States 

Yeah ?  How many of his tweets have you ever seen me post, or support ?  (You haven't) When have you seen me support him in any way other than posting out hypocrisy by people on the left for the same shit their guy did when he was in office ?

That you'd roll out anything as he states as some actual fact is just some funny ass shit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You quoting that complete and utter idiot, as if anything she says mean anything of importance, or coherence for that matter, is the best laugh I've had so far today.  If he's doing it, he learned it from Billy C.

But Hillary Bill.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

When have you seen me support him in any way other than posting out hypocrisy by people on the left for the same shit their guy did when he was in office ?

Bwahahahaha.   When have you ever seen me support Trump, other than in one particular way with almost everything I post every single day?!? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Wow.  They finally ran out of shit to pin on Obama and now it's Bill's fault.  Y'all are gonna get to Carter by the holidays.

• Like 1

Then I would like a link to where you post something like the above after every Trump tweet that is posted here.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Seriously, no shame. Pathetic how he and other posters don’t have the testicular fortitude to say anything bad about the thousands of bull shit lies told by trump. 

"All I care about is pointing out hypocrisy," they cry, after 8 years of mercilessly attacking Obama without ever defending him by deflecting to something a Republican once did. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1