actors from The Wire

Gil Bang

So, Marlo and Daniels are on Bosch.  Daniels is still a cop, Marlo is now Jerry Edgar, a cop instead of a drug dealer. 

I just came across "Chicago PD", and Bunny Colvin is some sort of commander of the cops there.

Herc has been on Blue Bloods.  So has Burrell.  So has Bodie.

Ziggy was on Generation Kill, and was actually likable, so he must be a great actor, because I fucking hated ziggy. 

Where else have you spotted these guys?

The Sobotka's have been all over the place.

Other than the aforementioned Ziggy

Nick- Orange is the New Black, American Gods, and a few others I can't think of. 

Frank- The Deuce, Survivor's Remorse, True Blood, American Crime Story, and shit load of other things

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The Sobotka's have been all over the place.

Other than the aforementioned Ziggy

Nick- Orange is the New Black, American Gods, and a few others I can't think of. 

Frank- The Deuce, Survivor's Remorse, True Blood, American Crime Story, and shit load of other things

Don't forget that Prius commercial.

Toyota-Prius-commercial-The-Wire-760x403

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

So, Marlo and Daniels are on Bosch.  Daniels is still a cop, Marlo is now Jerry Edgar, a cop instead of a drug dealer.  

Ziggy was also in Bosch season 2. He played the dirty narcotics officer.

17 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

he was good in the benghazi movie. 

he’s also liev schreiber’s brother. 

Edited by futureman

49 minutes ago, F250 said:

Don't forget that Prius commercial.

Toyota-Prius-commercial-The-Wire-760x403

was just about to post that. wtf was the point of that? a storyline that got scrubbed? think it was a superbowl commercial, no? all i remember was that i was glad at least someone from the show was getting work. 

39 minutes ago, futureman said:

he was good in the benghazi movie. 

he’s also liev schreiber’s brother. 

he was in "the brink" with my buddy, so i still follow him on instagram.  he's fucking busy.  he was in that bank robber movie with a big cast.

ziggy also is in bosch.  same brink buddy was also in bosch.  and gen-kill.  but not the wire.

mcnutty's ex wife pops up all over.  she played a similar character in rescue me, if i recall correctly.  also animal kingdom.

bunk has become a big part of suits over the years.  played meghan markle's dad, if you're into that.

chris was in the good wife and the deuce.

whomever mentioned frank sobotka - dude showed up in parks and rec at least 1-2x.  he works a lot.

drug lawyer is in billions this season, and hilariously so.

obviously carcetti has been in a few things...

that's off the top of my head.  i'm sure imdb is a virtual treasure trove.

Edited by henrygandorf

20 hours ago, qwertyu1234 said:

I don't know if this counts since it was before the Wire existed, but there were loads of people from the show that were on Oz. 

Yep. Oz had tons of characters that went on to be in other prominent shows. I remember quite a few of them in Dexter.