2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

15 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Lesson learned for the Warriors, can’t put all your eggs on the starters and leave a shit bench.

Kerr didn’t do a great job all series either. Raptors balled out when they had to.

Congrats to the Raptors.

Name a single NBA championship team that won with two starters missing significant minutes.  Every team has a shit bench when two of the bench players have to play starter minutes.

• Like 1

So does the Raptors get invited to the White House? Do Canadian teams rostered with Americans get an invite? They probably shouldn't get invited because Kawhi might shit in a corner of the White House, not for political reasons but because Kawhi is a semi-functional retard.

• Like 1

Name a single NBA championship team that won with two starters missing significant minutes.  Every team has a shit bench when two of the bench players have to play starter minutes.

My point was the they got rid of some good role bench players for Boogie and when the injuries hit, it was a bigger drop off this year.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Kawhi was not a major factor when the Spurs took down the Heat. Kawhi didn't take down the Spurs but ran off like a little bitch and the Raptors beat a very wounded Warriors team. Kawhi is a very good player but he hasn't ended shit.

• Like 1

So going back to the Steph miss, I still don’t understand the play call. I know he got a decent look but you’re down 1 with ten seconds left. You’re in the bonus. FvV is guarding Steph. Why not iso with Steph and try to get a foul or good look. Make sure you still have guys running cuts in case the double or help comes over. I dunno I would rather Steph try to attack in that situation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Kawhi was not a major factor when the Spurs took down the Heat. Kawhi didn't take down the Spurs but ran off like a little bitch and the Raptors beat a very wounded Warriors team. Kawhi is a very good player but he hasn't ended shit.

Didn’t he win the finals MVP?

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So going back to the Steph miss, I still don’t understand the play call. I know he got a decent look but you’re down 1 with ten seconds left. You’re in the bonus. FvV is guarding Steph. Why not iso with Steph and try to get a foul or good look. Make sure you still have guys running cuts in case the double or help comes over. I dunno I would rather Steph try to attack in that situation. 

agreed. great play/look if theres 3 seconds left.

they couldve ran an actual set with 9 seconds or whatever they had. 

Just now, dingleberryswitzer said:

It doesn't matter.  Bench players are bench players.  You lose 2 of your top 3 players, you're not winning shit.

True no doubt but GSW magnified their problems by building a bad roster. @aggie08 has been harping on it all year. They have too many centers and almost no wings on a team that plays switching almost exclusively. A better constructed roster leaves much more floor spacing for Steph and Klay.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Patrick McCaw with the elusive 3-peat. Putting himself in elite company.

He joins Kerr and Pep Saul as the only players with consecutive championships with different teams. Kerr and Saul both won four straight with two different teams.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, Goo Punch said:

Toronto in 6, you heard it here first. 

on the one hand i've gotten exactly zero props for calling this series on page one...

...on the other hand i've gotten a ton of pos rep for calling jason whitlock "literally the dumbest person on earth", so i'll call it even.