Third transgender found dead in East Dallas this year

CHEF DIESEL

By my count this makes the third or fourth transgender murder in and around the White Rock Lake area in the last year. Is it time to start asking the questions about a serial killer that might be doing this?

Latest body turned up Saturday June 1st in White Rock Lake

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/transgender-womans-body-found-in-white-rock-lake-police-say/287-a4b56653-14a0-48a1-8c3b-8f626054c163

Dallas homicide detectives are investigating the death of a transgender woman found Saturday in White Rock Lake, sources tell WFAA. 

Investigators are now focusing on possible connections following several crimes against the transgender community over the last several months. 

RELATED: Dallas police investigate possible link to 2 slayings, stabbing of transgender women

Few details are known about how the woman was discovered in the lake, but this homicide investigation begins less than a week after the funeral for Muhlaysia Booker, a transgender woman killed in May. 

Officers were called to the lake around 5:45 p.m. when a passerby found the body, which was later pulled from the water by a game warden. 

RELATED: Body found in White Rock Lake Saturday

Booker's body was found early May 18 lying face down in the middle of the street in far east Dallas, blocks from Ash and White Rock creeks. 

Booker was killed a month after a video of a group beating her went viral. Edward Thomas, 29, was arrested on an aggravated assault charge in connection with the beating. 

Police have said they are investigating whether there's a link between Booker's death, the death of another transgender woman and the attack of another transgender woman. 

In October 2018, a transgender woman was found shot to death in her car in the 7100 block of Gayglen Drive. A suspect has not been identified in that case, police said. 

In April 2019, a transgender woman was stabbed in the 2800 block of Troy Street. The woman, who survived, was able to provide police with a description of the suspect. That suspect description has not been publicly released. 

10 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I haven't really looked up numbers but been hearing that Dallas had some high ass murder rates so far this year. 

It's becoming a real issue in the mayor's race, because Eric Johnson has had some unfortunate comments about public safety being hunky-doory and not needing more cops.

26 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's becoming a real issue in the mayor's race, because Eric Johnson has had some unfortunate comments about public safety being hunky-doory and not needing more cops.

Johnson just parrots whatever his handlers from the Park Cities tell him. They don't see crime from where they sit.

Vehicle burglaries through May 2019 have already surpassed the whole calendar year of 2018. 2019 is on track to have so many car burglaries that it will likely surpass 2018 and 2017 combined. Not enough police to go around and the criminals know it. The Dallas County DA is basically letting everyone out of jail not currently locked up for major crimes. It is putting low level street criminals back out to roam this summer.

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Which box did the coroner check?

So I have a serious question.  A transgender woman would have been born a man, but identifies as a woman correct?  We started to have this convo on another thread and then it was deleted. I rarely have interaction with that community. Very non-surly, but apologies if anything I asked is offensive. 

So I have a serious question.  A transgender woman would have been born a man, but identifies as a woman correct?  We started to have this convo on another thread and then it was deleted. I rarely have interaction with that community. Very non-surly, but apologies if anything I asked is offensive. 

There is someone with much more authority than I who posts on this board that can answer, but yes, your assumption seems correct. And she may or may not have taken steps beyond just “identifying” such as hormone treatment and surgeries.

I don’t blame the surly poster I am talking about for not wanting to chime in as she has been treated with some pretty hateful bullshit from others on here (although the majority have been cool).

Regarding what is going up in that part of Texas...rather disturbing and certainly seems like a serial killer.

Swayze, yes I know. I was conversating with them when the other thread got torched.  I assume some dumb shit got said and it was nuked.  

I figured you did. I am pretty sure some of the offenders are already on this thread. I don’t really get it. If one poster doesn’t like another, there is no reason to stoop to that level of hatred. But hey, whatever.

I am a pretty open minded dude. A live and let live kind of guy. I took my eyes at some of this pro noun crap because it just seems so over the top. But ultimately, I don’t care because it has zero effect on my life.

Regarding the actual topic...I would guess it is someone outside of the community where they are killed that is doing it. I say this because I have seen a lot of transgender prostitutes in the roughest neighborhoods in Houston that don’t hide what they are. Granted I don’t live in these places but the fact that they don’t hide it makes me feel like that for the most part people just ignore them. Seems like a John from outside is hunting them down.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I figured you did. I am pretty sure some of the offenders are already on this thread. I don’t really get it. If one poster doesn’t like another, there is no reason to stoop to that level of hatred. But hey, whatever.

I am a pretty open minded dude. A live and let live kind of guy. I took my eyes at some of this pro noun crap because it just seems so over the top. But ultimately, I don’t care because it has zero effect on my life.

Regarding the actual topic...I would guess it is someone outside of the community where they are killed that is doing it. I say this because I have seen a lot of transgender prostitutes in the roughest neighborhoods in Houston that don’t hide what they are. Granted I don’t live in these places but the fact that they don’t hide it makes me feel like that for the most part people just ignore them. Seems like a John from outside is hunting them down.

Probably Ray. That dude knew way too many details of the street whores and crack addicts of Austin.

3 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Johnson just parrots whatever his handlers from the Park Cities tell him. They don't see crime from where they sit.

Vehicle burglaries through May 2019 have already surpassed the whole calendar year of 2018. 2019 is on track to have so many car burglaries that it will likely surpass 2018 and 2017 combined. Not enough police to go around and the criminals know it. The Dallas County DA is basically letting everyone out of jail not currently locked up for major crimes. It is putting low level street criminals back out to roam this summer.

About ten years ago there was a big stink when the DA in Houston was kinda forced (by jail overcrowding) into stopping the arrest of people for "possession of drug paraphenalia," which was almost always a crack or meth pipe. The powers-that-be heralded it as a breakthrough for common sense drug law enforcement. Meanwhile, they were still arresting people for tiny amounts of weed. (To be fair, the same people who wanted to decriminalize paraphernalia wanted to do the same with weed, but that was still...a pipe dream at the time.) Anyway, to me, it was absolutely bass-ackwards. Who is more a danger to public life and property? The dude with an empty crack pipe or the chick with a little sack of pot? Obviously A., because that dude doesn't have what he wants in that pipe.

Just some legalese words making it a crime. I'm not a lawmaker so I can't write out an example. Just saying it should be illegal

Do you mean if you solicit a prostitute and were “trapped”, it’s both a prostitution and this new trap charge for her? Or do you mean you meet a chick in a bar, start making out with her, playing with her tits, you dick gets hard and you are ready to round third base and you reach down and feel a dick bigger than yours...that this should be grounds for calling the cops and they arrest or ticket her?

And to your post (#20) where I'm assuming you may have been referring to me, the shit was never started by me. I have gay friends and I'm open minded to the point where I could give a shit what someone does in their own homes as long as they don't try to push their shit(pun intended) on me. This is the Shag/Surl. If you can't handle a little shit talk then don't start none. 

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So a serial killer targeting trans women...

i would be real curious to see what type of profile that is..

Most serial killers of this level of violence are men so that part would be fairly easy to profile to. 

Sounds like the victims are AA and normally serial killers stick to their racial grouping, but the trans part is hard to profile.

Most that target a certain sexuality tend to swing that direction, but the trans part could essentially make that part useless. Are they being targeted because he desires to transition, or angry that they are “masquerading “ as women or what. 

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

So a serial killer targeting trans women...

i would be real curious to see what type of profile that is..

Most serial killers of this level of violence are men so that part would be fairly easy to profile to. 

Sounds like the victims are AA and normally serial killers stick to their racial grouping, but the trans part is hard to profile.

Most that target a certain sexuality tend to swing that direction, but the trans part could essentially make that part useless. Are they being targeted because he desires to transition, or angry that they are “masquerading “ as women or what. 

Let me go watch all 20 seasons of SVU. They had to have covered this scenario.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Deej said:

Let me go watch all 20 seasons of SVU. They had to have covered this scenario.

Go read Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas 

Criminal profilings is fascinating stuff because we really have limited data on the really screwed profiles that would be both the most interesting and most dangerous to search for

It is my understanding that to a person in transition it does not matter because if it did then that would betray their identity.

Why should they come out as something they are not? 

I dont agree because thats how people get killed, but thats my best guess as to why a trans person wouldn't mention they dont have the assumed equipment.

Edited by MissingInAction

19 minutes ago, SDG said:

Re trapping: I’ve never been to SE Asia, but here in the states it seems pretty easy to spot...

I have.  It is easy, the boys are far and away prettier than the girls.  It fucks with your mind, if you are straight.   

Locals told us the first night. If you see an absolutely stunning girl, but no one is working to pick her up, there’s a reason. Sure as shit it was everywhere you went. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Serial killer arrested, he might have killed at least 4 people and maybe up to 7 so far:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/dallas-police-arrest-suspected-serial-killer-in-connection-with-muhlaysia-bookers-death/287-d8b48e8f-522a-4dce-96aa-bb2fc013a5b2

Dallas police arrest suspected serial killer in connection with Muhlaysia Booker's death

fd4e4744-6fc7-4e99-a4af-69432ce1c482_750

Kendrell Lyles is charged with three homicides, and Dallas police call him a person of interest in another. Two of the victims are black transgender women.

DALLAS — A 33-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the slaying of Muhlaysia Booker. 

Kendrell Lavar Lyles is connected with at least two other homicides and is considered a person of interest in the case of a transgender woman found dead in White Rock Lake, Dallas police said Wednesday. 

Lyles was linked to Booker's death while police were investigating two other homicides. They learned that Lyles drives a light-colored Lincoln LS that matches the description of a car Booker was seen getting into the morning she was found dead.

Edited by CHEF DIESEL

29 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

They learned that Lyles drives a light-colored Lincoln LS that matches the description of a car Booker was seen getting into the morning she was found dead.

If this is true I am surprised he was even arrested?  

So...

Is he a serial killer or not?

Race matched victimology

Is in the classic age range (28-55) and is male that would be attributed to the method and dumping of the body

No real clue yet on motive

Looks to have also killed a dude over a drug deal recently though

Not sure if this is going to be the one who killed all 4 transgender women or not. The guy may just end up being a cold blooded murder and not a serial killer with a transgender targeted pathology.